[Resolved] Possibly screwed up flash drive

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 32 gig sandisk usb 3.0 flash drive I've been using for awhile now, I did have linux flashed to it but I decided to format it so I could use it for other stuff. The thing is that now, a drive letter isn't being auto assigned to it and when I do try to assign one it pops up what's in the image below. If anyone could help me possibly fix this if it is possible to fix this it would be much appreciated.
Capture.PNG

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.7 KB · Views: 225

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried the clean disc option yet, give me a moment

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

crap
Capture.PNG
Alright, well this may sound strange: Use the Chomebook Recovery Media Creator (get it in the Chrome Web Store) and follow the instructions. After the media is created, follow the instructions to revert it back to a usable start. It's weird and sounds maybe a little irrelevant, but it's worked for me every time I had a USB drive that simply won't format.

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it just seems to sit on .0% forever on deleting it...it wrote fine but now I'm not sure what to do, it's kinda midnight over here so I'm gona come back at this in the morning

though heres a screenshot of the bundle o' joy it is now
Capture.PNG

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Can you try HDD LLF?? That always did the trick for me in sticky situations.
I had the same problem as you did and that fixed the issue, it should autoassign a letter to the device once it's done (atleast it did in my case).

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when you flash a Linux OS to a flash drive this happens when you try to format the drive. It's because Linux uses multiple partitions and multiple sizes for the partitions. So Windows sometimes gets confused.

It happened to me a few times. I had to remove the partitions and clean the drive multiple times via the command line. Then format the drive again in Windows.

You could also try GUI Format. It works really well, but I haven't tried GUI Format is this situation, but it doesn't hurt to try.

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GParted is industructable for me. It does everything.

Also, what is wrong with your fonts???
View attachment 105710
this is on a really low as res so everything runs smoother and quicker, I include er beacuse this laptop is neither quick nor smooth
Can you try HDD LLF?? That always did the trick for me in sticky situations.
I had the same problem as you did and that fixed the issue, it should autoassign a letter to the device once it's done (atleast it did in my case).
I don't know what that is
Sometimes when you flash a Linux OS to a flash drive this happens when you try to format the drive. It's because Linux uses multiple partitions and multiple sizes for the partitions. So Windows sometimes gets confused.

It happened to me a few times. I had to remove the partitions and clean the drive multiple times via the command line. Then format the drive again in Windows.

You could also try GUI Format. It works really well, but I haven't tried GUI Format is this situation, but it doesn't hurt to try.
or that
use IM magic partion resizer free thats what i use and it aways works
or that either

I'm getting suggestions for all these programs and yet I don't know where to find them without ending up with malware and how to use them, chill folks and give me a moment

Alright, well this may sound strange: Use the Chomebook Recovery Media Creator (get it in the Chrome Web Store) and follow the instructions. After the media is created, follow the instructions to revert it back to a usable start. It's weird and sounds maybe a little irrelevant, but it's worked for me every time I had a USB drive that simply won't format.
allright, it's over folks, dpads method worked and my drive is fine again, that'll do folks and thx for the help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: