Resident Evil Revelations launches 29th August on PS4 and X1, Late 2017 for Switch

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Minus the download code which seems familiar (Final fantasy X HD remaster on PSvita) Not bad, just I dislike that download part considering the switch has only 32GB to begin with, you wanna save those huge AAA titles for cart only. I'm gonna assume is to save money on reproducing carts. It would been nice to have them both on cart. Still nice price to be honest. If ultra street fighter 2 wasn't $40:unsure:

2. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Nah, they do know how to make new games but they don't want to .. Know why ? Lazy. Yeah.

3. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    As much as I love Capcom and Resident Evil (Specially Revelations) I have to ask:

Are they going to re-release 13 last years of resident evil every time we step into a new console generation? If so, I really hope Microsoft succeeds in getting rid of console generations so at least some of us can get rid of the remaster trend which is at some extent trying to make its way even into PC gaming.

sarkwalvein likes this.
  4. Exaltys

Exaltys GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    Oh man! Just what I was looking for, more ports! :rolleyes:

5. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    oh wow crapcom, you actully see that the switch exists.... But it dont exist when you decided to work on monster hunter worlds...... SO it exists for ports of older games but not for newer games i see.....

6. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

Jun 25, 2008
    United States
    Angel Grove, CA
    I have this on PC with a naked Jill Valentine, why would I want to play this game anywhere else? lol. That aside, this is good news for people on PS4, XB1 and Switch.

7. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    yes but the 3ds version was also compressed, then came the hd versions with better textures, likely less compressed compared to the 3ds.

the ps4/xbx1 versions will likely be just default textures if not remade, the switch will probably be the ps3 versions ported.

8. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    2 player local co-op? i hope it's in there.

9. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    What's so special about this game that it's being released on so many consoles anyway? Why not do that for the remastered version of the early Resident Evil games?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Pluupy, Aug 3, 2017
  10. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein More coffee, please!

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Don't worry, Resident Evil 4 will sure come soon, just after they finish porting it to the Firefox OS for Smart TVs.
    I mean, why leave Firefox OS Smart TV owners out of the every-other-fucking-device-port party? /s

11. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States

Ports are cheaper and faster to make than new games. They're a cash grab, but not a bad thing if it's a game you never bothered to get previously but were sort of interested in.

12. PROTOBOY

PROTOBOY GBAtemp Regular

Apr 21, 2011
    Canada
  13. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | A Fellow (lewd) Megumin

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    The 3DS version was pretty fun. And impressive for a underpowered handheld. A switch HD port would be nice. But it does feel like they're milking this release.