Gaming Resident Evil 4 for Wii, 30$

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, the aiming would be much better...
rolleyes.gif

styrofoam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It'd be nice if game developers got off their butts and actually made an original game instead of taking older games and adding Wii controls to it.

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamestop pulled the original posting, leading me to believe it's an April Fool's Dealie (never thought Gamestop was into that kinda stuff though...)

Plus, I've never known Capcom to tack on stupid suffixes to titles of "Ported" games. Wii Edition? It just sounds too corny to be true...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Imagine the chainsaw Wiimote
bow.gif

Swing it to carve your way through zombies (and villagers
happy.gif
).

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
The video is a bit Dodgy, what with the Gamecube green "A" button, and the fact that i find it hard to believe the wiimote would be used in the way the video shows. I would love for a "Wii-Edition" of this game, so long as they dont go crazy with silly remote movements. Even if this is not true, the Umbrella Chronicles Resident Evil game is on its way to wii this year anyway, we all know its going to rock. :-)

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video is a bit Dodgy, what with the Gamecube green "A" button, and the fact that i find it hard to believe the wiimote would be used in the way the video shows.
It's a fan-made mock up video based on their interpretation of how they think a Wii version of RE4 would play out with the Wiimote. The creator says he added it as "eye-candy" to accompany the posting.

sabinraijin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AF joke or not, Capcom needs to leave RE4 alone before they completely ruin its good name. The horrible PC port they let Ubi-soft make was bad enough, but this would really seal the coffin.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PC edition of RE4, did it add any extra's over the GC version?
New weapons, costumes and bonus "Assignment Ada" missions. Think the same as PS2

You'd need a decent gamepad to enjoy it, keyboard play is horrible and even with a controller controls feel a bit clunky but its nowhere near as good as the GC version. Just your typical console to PC port, it feels like you are playing on a emulator but minus any options and you cant actually exit the game.

I'd welcome a Wii port as I never got round to buying the GC version, so only own it by naughty means, probably will buy it one day. If its just the GC version with Wii control but WITH the option to play with GC controller, and if its cheap like the PC version and has some nice extras.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
The PC edition of RE4, did it add any extra's over the GC version?

New weapons, costumes and bonus "Assignment Ada" missions. Think the same as PS2

You'd need a decent gamepad to enjoy it, keyboard play is horrible and even with a controller controls feel a bit clunky but its nowhere near as good as the GC version. Just your typical console to PC port, it feels like you are playing on a emulator but minus any options and you cant actually exit the game.

I'd welcome a Wii port as I never got round to buying the GC version, so only own it by naughty means, probably will buy it one day. If its just the GC version with Wii control but WITH the option to play with GC controller, and if its cheap like the PC version and has some nice extras.

ahhh, i see
well, if they port it to the Wii, i hope it's the GC version, but with the PS2 extra's

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks to be truer each day, Ign just posted this:

"If you were planning on picking up the GameCube version of Resident Evil 4 to get some extra playtime out of your Wii, you may want to hold off on the purchase for just a bit. Multiple online retailers in Japan are now listing a Wii version of Resident Evil 4 for Japanese release on 5/31. The latest is Chadran Club, which while not listing the game on its Wii page, did give it a mention in its weekly e-mail newsletter.

With the title having already appeared in (and quickly disappeared from) retailer databases in America, it's looking more and more likely that RE4 Wii is as sure as a sequel to Nights. We just need Capcom to announce it."

So my hopes for it if it is true is, directors cut GC version with PS2 extras, some more extras as well plus sharper graphics, an option to play it with GC controller (in case the Wii controls messes it up). Also wouldn't mind if they added in some of the rejected levels that was made when this game was first announced. And finally at a budget price, say £20.

Digeman

Trophies
XP
Country
Aw man when i saw that trailer thingy i remembered just how awesome that game was! Gotta play it again sometime real soon
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup