Hacking [REQUEST] R4ids.cn card firmware backup.bin + kernel

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's exactly what happened to me, with the same R4.
I tried 4 different backups but none has worked.
You have to get the right backup. I think there's enough difference between the revisions to make them not compatible. Mine was C. You might have to find someone with the right revision for a good backup.

Yerkz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have to get the right backup. I think there's enough difference between the revisions to make them not compatible. Mine was C. You might have to find someone with the right revision for a good backup.
Could you please edit your topic asking for a Revision D backup.bin? Doing this I do not need to create another topic with the same objective.

EDIT: Here's a picture of my R4. The label is the same of yours @pixelmasher
VetcR3f.jpg

Last edited by Yerkz,

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks mate. I have a R4i 3DS (rev c) that had the metroid white screen. I flashed this backup and it starts out white loading screen but then goes to the card menu now. I can't read the title of the card but that's just peachy with me. Bought the card today for 10 bucks off OfferUp. The guy said he couldn't make it work so I am glad to have such a quick turn-around time on getting it running.

Reactions: Cava

snow3ds27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anybody here have a R4i RTS Gold flashcart that is working? I need an original backup.bin dump file of it so I could restore my flashcart to its original state.

andreiarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I may get motivated enough later to try to compile them all into one post/thread if nobody else does by then
It would be wonderful bro! Please do it! And if anyone could open a thread with the recovery .bin of others flash cards, so we can get help with it, it will be great! Gracias!

EleventhSign

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I tried the clean backup and it locked up the console like the other one.

I decided to just try the patched one for kicks. It actually worked as NTRBootHax card. It booted a "new" console into SafeB9SInstaller. Thanks.

It's a mystery. I'm not sure why I can't restore this card.

Can you upload /send me a copy of your patched backup.bin? (not the clean one).

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does any one have card with this icon?
3ds6.0icon.jpg

If you do, could you upload a clean backup?

I want to see if you can update cards that refuse to be updated by restoring a backup with the ntrboot_flasher.

Disharmony16

~DooM-BringeR~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, sorry for bumping your thread, can you share with me the backup from the thread that you tagged? it worked for me but i lose the backup and can't restore it again, the link from the another thread is down.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey man, sorry for bumping your thread, can you share with me the backup from the thread that you tagged? it worked for me but i lose the backup and can't restore it again, the link from the another thread is down.
You mean the backup for faulty revision C cards that came with metroid prime icon? https://www.dropbox.com/s/vd1fb6hfje5g8iw/R4ids.cn_faulty_C_DSi_1.4.5_Flash.rar?dl=0
For non-faulty revision C, revision D and plus cards: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o1navc7rmssym6v/R4ids.cn_ntrboot_version_Backups.rar?dl=0

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys!

I have the defective REV C Metroit version... and it was working fine with NTRBootHAX, but I decided to reflash it using ntrboot_flasher + GodMode9_ntr.firm renamed to boot9strap_ntr.
The cart worked fine, I could boot GodMode9... but now I can't reinstall NTRBoot :(
ntrboot_flasher says my cartridge is not compatible.

I even have the backup, but ntrboot_flasher will refuse to do anything since it reject my cart.

Here's a dump I have:
[INFO]: R4iGold: Init
[NOTICE]: R4iGold: HW Revision = a7a7a7a7
[INFO]: R4iGold: Injecting ntrboot
[INFO]: R4iGold: readFlash(addr=0x00000000, size=0x10000)
[INFO]: R4iGold: writeFlash(addr=0x00000000, size=0x10000)
[INFO]: R4iGold: readFlash(addr=0x00080000, size=0x70000)
[INFO]: R4iGold: writeFlash(addr=0x00080000, size=0x70000)

Now my HW Revision says 00000000 or 01010101

:(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1