Hacking Request: PS Vita Hacking & Homebrew Starter Guide

Dutch Air Plane Pilot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been browsing around GBATemp.net and Wololo.net for some time now, but I just don't understand some things people are talking about in the hacking scene. Like: What's CEF? What's Open CMA? What's PRO? What's TN? All those things. Could someone please make things clear, by, for instance, creating a post or something with all things and terms explained to beginners? That'd be great because things would be much more understandable.

Reactions: Ericthegreat

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CEF is the custom PSP firmware INSIDE the ps vita ( so it is sandboxed);
open CMA is a computer tool to transfer files to your vita (without some restriction that some managers have);
PRO is a team that creates some good custom firmwares fot he PSP

but the psvita isn't "hacked"yet, so you can only run psp homebrews IF you have the right games and firmware for it (firmware 1.81 I believe). There is a exploit for the newer firmware's created, but not released yet. I suggest you whatch wololo once in a time to check if the exploit is gonna release

Dutch Air Plane Pilot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok thanks, but what's TN? I've read this and it says someone named 'Frostegater' switched from TN to PRO and he used to be a PRO-hater. Is there some kind of rivalry between those teams? Are there any more teams? And what's ARK?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
PRO is for the PSP mainly. TN was one of the original hacks for 6.x on the PSP, PRO came later and was a full-on CFW (unlike TN's first work there), the guy probably switched because he realized PRO's actually a full-on CFW (not just a HEN).

But again, that's for the PSP. TN's work on the Vita is something else entirely, and PRO doesn't have a Vita version (at least not a public one, as the article states).

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh I was thinking of making one but there so much useful stuff over at wololo.net, I didn't want to be redundant

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol