Homebrew Request: Howard's U8tool 7.1

MrDrejer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anybody have this tool? I need it for vc editing since U8tool v10.1 corrupts the icon.bin and thereby destroys the over all aperance of the wad channel... I read that the 7.1 version didn't have the problem..

I also heard about a tool called fuzzy fixer wich should be able to fix the problem...

Couldn't find any of the programs thoug... Hope someone has one or both of them..

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how to ID the version of U8 Tool I have. I just have a single file called U8Tool.exe with a version of 1.0...I got it sometime in 2010 as part of something else (quite possibly from an ancient version of Wadder).

Also, you might want to look at this program instead: http://gbatemp.net/topic/309756-sharpii/ It can do what U8Tool did, and a lot more. It's a command line tool though...

MrDrejer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can tell the version of your U8 tool if you give me the changing date... right click on the U8tool and click on properties...then go to detail and look under changing date...

Im not good at cmd line programs... so hope i can do it the other way

MrDrejer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
then its 7.0 or 7.1 ... could you make a .rar file of the map and put it on rapidshare or some other (whatever you like) so i can download it? would be perfect :)

MrDrejer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found fuzzy fixer which i mentioned before and put the final wad through it to fix the corrupted icon.bin... that did the trick!

Thanks for your help! It means a lot to me :)

Griffion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?m5smdb9m0owk9fg :)

I've included gbalzss.exe as well since U8Tool needed it for something IIRC.

Know this thread is old, but THANK YOU for the link techboy. And the fact it isn't broken either. I was originally trying to extract the map data from Xenoblade Chronicles, but didn't know I had to get the pkh files from the static.arc, which I wasn't sure how to extract.

xgiorgos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Know this thread is old, but THANK YOU for the link techboy. And the fact it isn't broken either. I was originally trying to extract the map data from Xenoblade Chronicles, but didn't know I had to get the pkh files from the static.arc, which I wasn't sure how to extract.

I just created an account to ask if you have the u8tool because the exe I run from the link says that a file is missing

Griffion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just created an account to ask if you have the u8tool because the exe I run from the link says that a file is missing
You have both U8Tool and gbalzss in the same folder right? Techboy included gbalzaa.exe because apparantly the U8Tool needed it.

Well here is the same thing uploaded by myself: https://mega.co.nz/#!FwNzFRoa!ONf7RKM0VBjEqWKn6Rw8wH0jnHPZN3m6UKyTqzO9Qmo
And if that still doesn't work: https://mega.nz/#!1llSBIaI!QJssMfcSxP3UCpybFlTijuMIAgJsckUtPBUxAYhTyu0

xgiorgos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I downloaded a file and put it on a system folder and now it opens, but when I try to unpack anything it says Runtime error 5 Invalid procedure call or argument.
Anyway I want to create a theme, and I have to unpack some .ash files that's why I need this tool.

UPDATE: What operating system are you using?, I think thats my problem. I'm going to try windows 8.1.

Last edited by xgiorgos,

xgiorgos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Griffion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are using windows, then the omly other problem I can see is:

"An argument probably exceeds the range of permitted values. For example, the Sin function can only accept values within a certain range. Positive arguments less than 2,147,483,648 are accepted, while 2,147,483,648 generates this error.
Check the ranges permitted for arguments."

At least that is what Microsoft is telling me. Also, are you trying the first file I sent, the second or both and getting the error?

xgiorgos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you are using windows, then the omly other problem I can see is:

"An argument probably exceeds the range of permitted values. For example, the Sin function can only accept values within a certain range. Positive arguments less than 2,147,483,648 are accepted, while 2,147,483,648 generates this error.
Check the ranges permitted for arguments."

At least that is what Microsoft is telling me. Also, are you trying the first file I sent, the second or both and getting the error?
Both, I tried running them on a windows xp virtualbox, it started unpacking but it showed the not responding message

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    @K3Nv2 you said instructions with pictures, same difference
    Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol now with 32GBs of VRAM Ken?