Hacking [REQUEST] How to safely go online on a CEX PS3 REBUG 4.81.2

AtomSmasherMazionga

GBATemp Resident Atom Smasher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, if anyone even cares about the PS3 section of GBAtemp, could someone guide me through in a sorta noobish fashion, how to (at least to some degree) safely go online on a CEX PS3 with REBUG 4.81.2, and if possible, could you give me a list (and links where possible) of tools I need? Thanks guys.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

AtomSmasherMazionga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download PSNPatch_2017.pkg - Install it - Load your game - use the combination to activate PSNPatch - play online.
Thanks! Also, I heard a rumor that it's possible to hack PS3's running OFW 4.80, as well as super slim PS3's. do you know if there's any truth to that, because I rather doubt it.

AtomSmasherMazionga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this method allow downloading from playstation store without bans? Cause i was curious is if possible to do so.
Probably not, but IDK. I heard whispers that all ps3's were hackable with a new downgrade tool that's run the same way a cfw is.
[EDIT] disregard the irrelevant bits, I type a little slowly.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Using it for almost 3 months now, no ban so far.
Okay, good to know. I have a cfw ps3 and wasn't sure if i should use it, since it would be just downloading the psn games i own, not really for online mode, cause i got a legit super slim one already for that. But having online access would be nice. :D

AtomSmasherMazionga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there's some kinda way to dual boot CFW and OFW on a single HDD, instead of essentially hotswapping HDD's all the time. anybody know anything about that?

Zephir1991

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just be sure to activate the PSNPatch Plugin, after you installed it. The plugin will prevent any PSN Activity, until you use the combination "L3+R3+R2 from the XMB".

AtomSmasherMazionga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/playerkp420-dualboot-4-81-ofw-cfw-pup-dualboot-without-hardmod.460756/

This is the closest to that, just requires two hdds. Nothing else with one hdd can be done at the moment.
Thanks, Zero! maybe I'll try and figure something out. I guess if I can find a way to downgrade with nothing but software or dualboot OFW and CFW, GBAtemp will be the first to know. I probably can't find a way, but sooner or later the Devs at sony will make a vuln without realizing it... I hope.

TyrantZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hey guys.

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to share my experience. I was running Rebug 4.81 and downloaded PSNPatch 2017 and installed it. I attempted to activate the plugin within PSNPatch and when it booted back to the XMB, the console froze within a few seconds. I rebooted and the problem persisted. It would start up but freeze within seconds. I even booted into recovery mode and the same issue was persisting, even there.

So, after doing a little research online, I was confident that my internal HDD on my PS3 was corrupted in some way. I removed it from my PS3, opened up my PC and connected the PS3 HDD to the PC's motherboard. I entered the Disk Management tool and basically formatted the drive. I entered it back into the PS3 and it reformatted it so it would again be compatible with the PS3. No freezing anymore, but obviously there was no firmware on the PS3. So, I tried to reinstall Rebug 4.81 and kept getting an error message saying 'This data is corrupted'. After trawling the internet for awhile and basically becoming convinced that the only way to get the PS3 working again was to install OFW 4.81, I came across a post on a forum saying that Rebug 4.81 can only be installed from the XMB and to try installing Ferrox 4.81. It worked a treat. I'm back up and running again, but I've lost all of my saved game files and various other files. It was a bit of a nightmare but I'm extremely relieved to have gotten things sorted out.

Anyway, I'd really love to go online with my PS3, but I'm pretty apprehensive about trying out the PSNPatch program again. Does anyone have any insight as to why this could have happened to me and could maybe give me some pointers if I decide to try it again?

Thanks!

TyrantZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Is that a response to me? I've never played Black OPs 2 in my life. The freezing started immediately after I activated the plugin, before attempting to load any games or anything.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is that a response to me? I've never played Black OPs 2 in my life. The freezing started immediately after I activated the plugin, before attempting to load any games or anything.
Not directly, but anybody who doesnt want to get banned should avoid black ops 2 since it seems Treyarch has put something in the game code that detects cfw.

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
You REALLY shouldn't be playing online with CFW to being with anyways.

@TyrantZero - When I installed that plugin I was unable to boot my PS3 until I reinstalled the CFW. I would see if you can remove it and just install PSNPatch and launch it before going online and hold triangle.

Reactions: TyrantZero

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

@TyrantZero - When I installed that plugin I was unable to boot my PS3 until I reinstalled the CFW. I would see if you can remove it and just install PSNPatch and launch it before going online and hold triangle.

I say go ahead but be aware you could get banned. If you dont play online you may as well already be banned.

Reactions: TyrantZero

TyrantZero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

So you had a problem with the plugin too? No issues just running PSNPatch and holding triangle though? I'm pretty weary about installing it again. It took me hours to get back up and running again!

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"