OP
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
Heya there!

So since a lot of people already dumped the "leaked" US version of Color Splash on various forums (not going to link to one of course) can someone please provide a download (ONLY the fixed files, NOT THE WHOLE GAME!) to fix it for European consoles? Currently it only boots to a white bar at the top, then gives an SD Card Error.

Now, I do not know if it's that easy of course! If there's no way to do such a thing then this thread can be closed again.

Thanks already!

UPDATE:

Here's the fix!

Last edited by EpicLPer,

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm sure Paper Mario: Color Splash isn't the only Wii U game that has text inside it's own binary files that point to the files. There's other Wii U games that have the same issue, it's because LoadliineGX's region free programming is incomplete and needs more work on it to bypass the region lock.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to mention I have been working on trying to fix this since last night and I have tried everything still no joy from my end! I have tried to change the app & cos files to eu id I have tried compression on the messages folder I have also changed it from "messages" to "message" and changed it to EU_English I have also changed all USA named files to EU also used Mario Tennis code folder which contains the same files and loads of other technical bits too, no joy at all.

Last edited by Reecey,
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone tried this??
Seen on another site claiming it works.

To get it booting on EUR consoles, edit this line in your cos.xml
<argstr type="string" length="4096">main.rpx</argstr>
<argstr type="string" length="4096">main.rpx -region USA</argstr>
The point is to force it to USA since most of the files are region tagged, theres a filetable and it's just a mess in there.
The gamepad screen seems scrambled but this seems to be part o the game as playing a bit more it's come to life with buttons and options etc.

Reactions: EpicLPer

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Has anyone tried this??
Seen on another site claiming it works.

To get it booting on EUR consoles, edit this line in your cos.xml
<argstr type="string" length="4096">main.rpx</argstr>
<argstr type="string" length="4096">main.rpx -region USA</argstr>
The point is to force it to USA since most of the files are region tagged, theres a filetable and it's just a mess in there.
The gamepad screen seems scrambled but this seems to be part o the game as playing a bit more it's come to life with buttons and options etc.
Just as I thought, there's a file name table within the .rpx (which we can't see because it's encrypted). But editing the cos.xml to include "-region [regioncode]" fixes the problem and enables LoadliineGX's region free function.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
It works a treat as well!!! no slow loading either so don't panic its not another Zelda HD issue :)

Edit: I will also top this off with as one of the best early leaks in a long time!

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse