Homebrew {Request} Can someone look into the FLOG Emulator? [Updated]

D

Deleted-368796

GUYS, WE MADE IT ON THE TRENDING TAB ON YOUTUBE !!!

I really hate that word, "trending", but am very happy to see that this is getting the attention that it deserves.
Hope Nintendo is aware and sees the love we are pouring out over this discovery.

Please Nintendo, do not remove this tribute before July 11th, 2018. We are sorry if this was supposed to be a surprise for future reveal.
Leave the memory as it stands. We will celebrate again this time next year. #IwataLivesOn

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm really sad of how people see this community... Yes, a few people here are known to lose their temper quite fast. But the pillars of this forum are truly amazing guys, and are doing great work imho. We can't blame the whole community because a bunch of guys are rude or feel like this is some elite community. I have almost no knowledge on that kind of subject (hacks and stuff), but the little I know I learnt it here, with amazing people like @FAST6191, and many others. I really hope that the newcomers will understand that and will make efforts to make this community grow :)

Reactions: joten and peteruk

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd prefer this thread not to derail into a "the state of the temp" thread, otherwise I'm sure it wouldn't take long for it to get locked with how that would likely go

thomasnet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Welp I think many people will register on gbatemp and post like "i was here" msgs on this thread...
Maybe if that happens lock this thread until next july ?

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Reactions: blinkzane

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went and grabbed a new splatoon bundle Switch this morning. So, it's definitely never been in the internet lol. I'll set it up and set the date for 7/11/17 0:00:01AM EST. I'll have it set to English/The Americas so the language/region are properly set.

Then I'll try and get this working on it.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went and grabbed a new splatoon bundle Switch this morning. So, it's definitely never been in the internet lol. I'll set it up and set the date for 7/11/17 0:00:01AM EST. I'll have it set to English/The Americas so the language/region are properly set.

Then I'll try and get this working on it.
Good luck

D

Deleted-368796

Yeah. Home screen, news icon highlighted.
Look at that video I made, and go to 4:30 where I activate the game a 2nd time. Watch how slowly I move my arms up to my chest, pause there for a brief moment, then directly move your hands away from your chest.
When you move your hands away from your chest, the attachment rails on the joycons need to be completely vertical and facing your body.
Also note that you need to pause for a moment after bringing your hands to your chest. The whole movement needs to be about 1.5sec total. Hope that helps.

Reactions: F34R

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look at that video I made, and go to 4:30 where I activate the game a 2nd time. Watch how slowly I move my arms up to my chest, pause there for a brief moment, then directly move your hands away from your chest.
When you move your hands away from your chest, the attachment rails on the joycons need to be completely vertical and facing your body.
Also note that you need to pause for a moment after bringing your hands to your chest. The whole movement needs to be about 1.5sec total. Hope that helps.
do you have a link to your video?

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
LoL, it was just a few threads down below this thread.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/secret-nes-golf-game-on-the-switch-a-tribute-to-mr-satoru-iwata.484536/
Remember, you have to be on FW 1.0.0 to get it to work. That and never have connected to a network.
You got it wrong, it works on all firmwares (Well, confirmed working in 3.0.0) and you can be connected to the internet, but if you have connected at least once to the internet you won't be able to spoof the date to July 11 without hax (and thus you will have to wait for July 11)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted-368796

You got it wrong, it works on all firmwares (Well, confirmed working in 3.0.0) and you can be connected to the internet, but if you have connected at least once to the internet you won't be able to spoof the date to July 11 without hax (and thus you will have to wait for July 11)
I think you need to reread this thread. The only people who got it to work on FW above 1.0 had to moddify the network time stored value (since it can not be erased, even with a factory reset).
And no one that claims to have launched it on a FW past 1.0 has provided proof.
That was the whole reason I decided to make the video in the first place. A few pictures and short vids were posted around the net of it running, but NO ONE had shown actually launching the game. Doubt of legitimacy loomed, hence I made the video as proof and visual instruction on how to launch it.

You are welcome to believe what you want, but I urge you to look back at the comments here.
That said, the game still exists in all FW to this date. Hopefully Nin will leave it there till July 11th next year.

Last edited by ,

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've been watching your video a LOT lol. I've been mimicking your timing while the video is playing lol. I'm obsessed to get it working. If you were a few hours away, I'd bring my switch to you lol.

Last edited by F34R,

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been watching your video a LOT lol. I've been mimicking your timing while the video is playing lol. I'm obsessed to get it working. If you were a few hours away, I'd bring my switch to you lol.

If I may offer some advice, but when watching the YouTube video by @fire3element , on his second successful launch of the game, try to watch his thumbs at all times, and watch for how he has them pointed, and how they are gripped against the Joy-Cons. In addition, watch his upper arms, from the shoulder down to the elbow, and notice how both of his arms are pressed against his body. Notice that when he first brings the Joy-Cons up, he hardly moves his upper arms at all. He only moves them when he moves the Joy-Cons away from his chest. I had trouble getting the game to boot at first too, but after I did those things, I have been able to get the game to launch pretty consistently. I also made sure to keep both of my feet touching one another, although I don't think that would matter. I am just saying that to try to give you an idea of exactly what I did.

Also, keep in mind that my Switch is on 1.0.0, and has never been connected to the internet. While I believe that the firmware has little if anything to do with this, based on the fact that @SciresM said that he got it to boot on 3.0.0 (with hacks), perhaps that is a factor as well.

Last edited by g4jek8j54,
Reactions: F34R and peteruk

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I may offer some advice, but when watching the YouTube video by @fire3element , on his second successful launch of the game, try to watch his thumbs at all times, and watch for how he has them pointed, and how they are gripped against the Joy-Cons. In addition, watch his upper arms, from the shoulder down to the elbow, and notice how both of his arms are pressed against his body. Notice that when he first brings the Joy-Cons up, he hardly moves his upper arms at all. He only moves them when he moves the Joy-Cons away from his chest. I had trouble getting the game to boot at first too, but after I did those things, I have been able to get the game to launch pretty consistently. I also made sure to keep both of my feet touching one another, although I don't think that would matter. I am just saying that to try to give you an idea of exactly what I did.

Also, keep in mind that my Switch is on 1.0.0, and has never been connected to the internet. While I believe that the firmware has little if anything to do with his, based on the fact that @SciresM said that he got it to boot on 3.0.0 (with hacks), perhaps that is a factor as well.
I appreciate the reply. I've been following the ideas that you posted, but I'll keep trying. I almost wanted to find clothes that even match his in the video LMBO. I'm desperate lol.

Reactions: fedehda
D

Deleted-368796

I appreciate the reply. I've been following the ideas that you posted, but I'll keep trying.
Try tilting your hands inwards at the top when making,the motion away from your body.
Imagine making a pyramid shape. / \
Don't touch your hands together, keep a little space between them.
Just make sure the attachment rail the joycons remain facing your body.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try tilting your hands inwards at the top when making,the motion away from your body.
Imagine making a pyramid shape. / \
Don't touch your hands together, keep a little space between them.
Just make sure the attachment rail the joycons remain facing your body.
Yeah, I've tried it straight, and more of a natural look just as you described. Has to be either my timing, or it just doesn't work lol. You're not near South Carolina are you? lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Cranesbill @ Cranesbill: Hi Hi