Homebrew {Request} Can someone look into the FLOG Emulator? [Updated]

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly believe that this is another LUIGI IN SUPER MARIO 64 type of hoax, and even if it's in console's memory, there is no legit way of launching it. But I don't even think it's in the system, considering how only a limited quantity of people are able to access the internals of Switch OS, they are probably bamboozling all of us.

Any of that proof can actually be easily faked by cropping the icons from switchbrew, placing them on some Golf gameplay and them uploading that gameplay somewhere and loading it through captive browser in the system.

Arrives to the thread 40 pages late and tries to be edgy. Ends up looking like a douche.

Glad this was found and turned out to be legit, especially after all the grief Setery got originally!

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Arrives to the thread 40 pages late and tries to be edgy. Ends up looking like a douche.

Glad this was found and turned out to be legit, especially after all the grief Setery got originally!
Can we stop confusing OP and legitimacy until he's proven right? :P
OPs scenario has still never been proven once while there are like 3 videos now and 10 or so reports from people with consoles that have not received a network date successfully running the game.

I keep reiterating that it's a shitpost, but I'll be the first to apologize and stand corrected once I see proof of it being executable on any other date on a console that has been connected to the internet :D

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we stop confusing OP and legitimacy until he's proven right? :P
OPs scenario has still never been proven once while there are like 3 videos now and 10 or so reports from people with consoles that have not received a network date successfully running the game.

I keep reiterating that it's a shitpost, but I'll be the first to apologize and stand corrected once I see proof of it being executable on any other date on a console that has been connected to the internet :D

I loved to prove it to you (as well as for myself), but you'll have to wait until next year's July 11.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I loved to prove it to you (as well as for myself), but you'll have to wait until next year's July 11.
No, that wont prove anything, we, or well, I, already believe that. OP never even hinted about a date, and he posted and signed up 11 days after it supposedly happened. The only one I'm doubting is OP :)

There are 3 possible scenarios with OP.

- He's a hacker who found it through hax first and made this account to start hype, and in the end receive what you are giving him right now
- He's a shitposter who just saw Flog == Golf and made up the story, got incredibly lucky and flog actually being Golf was true
- He accidentally pulled off the required gesture (which to my understanding isn't particularly easy to do even if you know it?) on July the 11th, gets to experience something no one has mentioned and disregards recording it or even taking a pic, waits 11 days, and then makes a GBAtemp account to post about it.

I think most people would agree that scenario 3 is rather absurd in all honesty.

D

Deleted-368796

I think most people would agree that scenario 3 is rather absurd in all honesty.
To be fair, we have seen a number of glitches with the Switch so far. Maybe he made it up, maybe he actually saw it.
At least we got to participate in something extraordinary in today's gaming climate. Who else would go to such lengths to hide something so touching?

I feel like I am in the 90's again, when devs put the most unimaginable easter eggs in games, and players had no clue that something wonderful/strange was just within reach.
I do not always agree with Nintendo on things, but this was absolutely amazing. BRAVO NINTENDO, B R A V O

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
At least we got to participate in something extraordinary in today's gaming climate. Who else would go to such lengths to hide something so touching?

I feel like I am in the 90's again, when devs put the most unimaginable easter eggs in games, and players had no clue that something wonderful/strange was just within reach.
I do not always agree with Nintendo on things, but this was absolutely amazing. BRAVO NINTENDO, B R A V O
Absolutely agree. If you feel any sort of anger or frustration from my part then that's not what I mean. I've read every single page of this thread with joy and participated loads and danced around like an idiot with my joycons. It's been a blast! I love this kind of shit, and we rarely see it anymore :D

Reactions: fedehda

jibbitt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For people who didn't read the thread and are assuming things that were already covered, there are a couple of reddit posts about this with details laid out:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/70vt3k/nes_golf_easter_egg_update_the_dev_that/
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/715gay/the_hidden_golf_game_has_been_launched_on/ (most info in the comments)

and a reasonably complete ArsTechnica article:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017...en-motion-to-unlock-the-switchs-nes-emulator/

D

Deleted-368796

Absolutely agree. If you feel any sort of anger or frustration from my part then that's not what I mean. I've read every single page of this thread with joy and participated loads and danced around like an idiot with my joycons. It's been a blast! I love this kind of shit, and we rarely see it anymore :D
Oh no, not at all. I was in doubt early on too. Not so much that it existed, but that it was launched with a motion gesture.
I was also trolling pretty hard here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/request-...-emulator-updated.478296/page-19#post-7582473
and here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/request-...-emulator-updated.478296/page-24#post-7583722

oh, and btw...
Funny thing is I actually started following it until I noticed the absurd steps.

Why the fuck do I care so much? I have to head to work soon jesus christ
Thank you for posting this. I have not laughed that hard in a long long time. Was worth the effort I put into that post for this single reaction. XD

Reactions: Shadowfied

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Cz if it's true, se Will be able to modify/inject/use that emu to run more stuff.

We don't know for sure

whats wrong with wanting another game
Absolutely nothing! But I highly doubt people are that excited to play a NES game. And since we have no idea if it can be useful for a hack, people are a bit too excited IMHO. There's already a ton of NES emulators on pretty much any electronic devices you can name. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a NES emulator for fridges :D

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, that wont prove anything, we, or well, I, already believe that. OP never even hinted about a date, and he posted and signed up 11 days after it supposedly happened. The only one I'm doubting is OP :)

There are 3 possible scenarios with OP.

- He's a hacker who found it through hax first and made this account to start hype, and in the end receive what you are giving him right now
- He's a shitposter who just saw Flog == Golf and made up the story, got incredibly lucky and flog actually being Golf was true
- He accidentally pulled off the required gesture (which to my understanding isn't particularly easy to do even if you know it?) on July the 11th, gets to experience something no one has mentioned and disregards recording it or even taking a pic, waits 11 days, and then makes a GBAtemp account to post about it.

OP states that he launched Golf on 19th July at 10-11am on his profile..

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reread OPs replies and one if it says he connects to the eshop and even opened the browser just to see how it looks like. With that said, OP shouldn't have been able to launch the emulator since one of the important requirements is the Switch should not be connected to the internet in anyway.

Reactions: Shadowfied

Setery

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reread OPs replies and one if it says he connects to the eshop and even opened the browser just to see how it looks like. With that said, OP shouldn't have been able to launch the emulator since one of the important requirements is the Switch should not be connected to the internet in anyway.
No the important requirement is to be attempted on 7/11
OP states that he launched Golf on 19th July at 10-11am on his profile..
The thing is I went back to look at my browsing history and saw that I had looked up "Switch NES Golf" on google on that date specifically That's why I assumed that it happened on that date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there