We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

With the coming release of Triforce Heroes, I decided to take it upon myself to write a guide for dual booting DSI capable CFW and Gateway on the New3DS, however I stumbled with a good, easy way to get back to Gateway without constantly reloading Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time. So here is my request!

Would somebody be able to port or create an MSET installer for use with Homebrew Launcher? Obviously the regular Homebrew Launcher doesn't allow ARM9/11, so we would be using the DSI capable CFW to reload Cubic Ninja/OoT then run the code.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hello everyone!

With the coming release of Triforce Heroes, I decided to take it upon myself to write a guide for dual booting DSI capable CFW and Gateway on the New3DS, however I stumbled with a good, easy way to get back to Gateway without constantly reloading Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time. So here is my request!

Would somebody be able to port or create an MSET installer for use with Homebrew Launcher? Obviously the regular Homebrew Launcher doesn't allow ARM9/11, so we would be using the DSI capable CFW to reload Cubic Ninja/OoT then run the code.
FBI can already do this even as a 3dsx. It would be possible of course to have it as a stand alone app or even integrated into hb menu.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI can already do this even as a 3dsx. It would be possible of course to have it as a stand alone app or even integrated into hb menu.

Oh doody, I just read the feature list of FBI, this would probably work just fine, then! :D Let me check into it...

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
FBI would have to load it as a CIA, wouldn't it?
No, FBI has a build for all 3 formats and you could just use its 3dsx version for mset installing.
(im not sure if it has a new3ds mset option, but it could be added easily)

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the sudokuhax installation tutorial work with the N3DS? I currently use it with my O3DS to run ROPLoader to switch between rxTools and Gateway.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: WhoAmI?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you intend to create a DS profile editor:
You can dump your DS profile usefull for MSET exploit with my NVRAM Flash Manager and then restore it with it. ( http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-nvram-flash-manager.383838/ )

Yeah, I wanted more of a dummy-proof, easy way of restoring MSET. The long dummy way right now is to reload Cubic Ninja/OoT over and over to set it back up with the GW menu, and I'm trying to alleviate that. I ran into a problem the other day with smea's site running slow and it took forever to reload CN with the exploit.

PLUS, I would like to be able to keep all SYSNAND wifi profiles completely empty or fake without the need to have to set them back up over and over to prevent accidental updates.

zoogie

Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like a stupid idea but has anyone tried to inject the mset nds file to a dsi cia file?
That's not a bad idea but TWL FIRM won't boot a homebrew .nds directly. Now if a homebrew binary could be inserted with dsiware headers and signed properly, maybe.

Edit: Here is your thing @SonyUSA Let me know if there are issues but it works for me.

Attachments

• FBI_wN3DS_GW.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 138
Last edited by zoogie,

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seems I missed something, but why would you need DS/DSI CFW compatible to run "Triforce Heroes", which seems to be a 3DS game :wtf: ?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems I missed something, but why would you need DS/DSI CFW compatible to run "Triforce Heroes", which seems to be a 3DS game :wtf: ?

Nono, the Triforce Heroes (Coming Nov. 19 2015) is what inspired me to want to play the 25th Anniversary 4-Swords Adventures that was given away for like 4 days for free for 3DS users a long time ago, and I had a heck of a time finding any good guide to boot DSi games, let alone one for N3DS and one that made getting back to Gateway mode easily.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's not a bad idea but TWL FIRM won't boot a homebrew .nds directly. Now if a homebrew binary could be inserted with dsiware headers and signed properly, maybe.

Edit: Here is your thing @SonyUSA Let me know if there are issues but it works for me.

Thanks!!! I'll try it now :)

Edit: Worked great, thank you!

Last edited by SonyUSA,

zhdarkstar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Ronhero

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nono, the Triforce Heroes (Coming Nov. 19 2015) is what inspired me to want to play the 25th Anniversary 4-Swords Adventures that was given away for like 4 days for free for 3DS users a long time ago, and I had a heck of a time finding any good guide to boot DSi games, let alone one for N3DS and one that made getting back to Gateway mode easily.

Oh, okay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn