One Scary Lady
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before you click the 'report' button, please consider the following:

- Are you reporting the post because you don't like what the person said? Don't use the report button.
- Are you reporting the post because you don't like the person? Don't use the report button.
- Are you reporting the post because you don't agree with what a person said? Don't use the report button.
- Are you reporting the post because you think the person is trolling?

First, be sure that you know what a "troll" is: Someone that deliberately posts material with the intent to stir up the biggest amount of argument/disruption in people's responses. People that fall victim to this have been 'trolled'. Not liking/disagreeing with someone's legitimate opinion is NOT trolling.

If the post is not a legitimate troll, please don't use the report button.

It is a huge waste of the mods time to read reports that are not legitimate. Please use the report button with thought and care. Thank you.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guess I didn't need to worry about this then. Still, thanks for the clarification.
smile.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should broaden the category, and explain exactly what is acceptable other uses for the report button. eg. getting a lock, etc.

Edit: I think there is a topic for that.

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Things like one word posts, double posts, etc. are low priority I think, though if a staff member sees them they may fix them. Personally, I think that if one word posts accurately answer a simple question then there's nothing wrong with them, so they don't need to be reported as much. Things that are blatantly against major rules should be reported; as far as I know if a lock is requested then you can report that and someone will take care of it. If I'm wrong about that, then by all means correct me, but if you choose not to report it you can always PM an available moderator.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What if you need to report your own posts to request locks?
Can you do that? Cause I swear you were...

ProtoKun7

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Crazzy1 said:
What if you need to report your own posts to request locks?
Can you do that? Cause I swear you were...
See: What I just said.

As far as I know there's not a problem with it, but if I'm wrong or if it changes then you could just PM an available moderator and they can do it.

Besides, if you overuse the report feature or use it incorrectly then a member of staff will let you know and probably kindly ask you to refrain.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if you're a moderator of an IPB forum, your email gets flooded with every report that people make. It's not cool.
frown.gif

Even though GBAtemp has a lot of moderators, I'm sure they're not looking for extra work to do.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
DeMoN said:
Yeah if you're a moderator of an IPB forum, your email gets flooded with every report that people make. It's not cool.
frown.gif

Even though GBAtemp has a lot of moderators, I'm sure they're not looking for extra work to do.

Actually we don't get reports via pm or email, I think that used to be the case a few years ago, but now we have a report center where all the reports go to.

Reactions: 1 person

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do have a question about reporting post through do you remain like unknow when you report itor do the mods or admins know who sent the report?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's not an anonymous report system.
If it was, it would be constantly abused.
However it's our policy not to make it publicly known who submitted a report.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
I think my reports are legitimate, I report my own if I double post or triple post(happened once, internet lagged) or something and I report other people's posts if it is against the rules or anything like that, I suppose I can ask this here: If someone asks something like "Can I download Wood R4 from GBAtemp?" As it is a simple yes/no question, are we allowed 1 word posts to answer it? I always try to add something else but it makes me look like a smart ass...

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it really so difficult to add more than "yes" or "no"?
"yes it is possible" is not much more difficult to type, and is more clear to the members who don't speak English as their first language.
Cases of legitimate one-word answers are ignored from time to time, but we would really rather see you type more than three letters for the +1 to your postcount.

And yes monkat, people do use the report button. Not just a handful of them, either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...