Hardware Replacing HDD

Tzz2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd like to replace the HDD in my PS3phat. I've already bought a new hard drive and was wondering if I can just copy all the contents of my original hard drive to my PC via FTP and then copy them back once I've installed the new hard drive. Would all my saved games and packages stay intact this way or would I need to reinstall them?

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd like to replace the HDD in my PS3phat. I've already bought a new hard drive and was wondering if I can just copy all the contents of my original hard drive to my PC via FTP and then copy them back once I've installed the new hard drive. Would all my saved games and packages stay intact this way or would I need to reinstall them?

When upgrading my HDD i used the ps3 backup function and the new hd plugged into the usb
Steps:
Plug new hdd into ps3 usb port
backup all hdd content to new hdd
take out current ps3 hdd (the old one)
format old ps3 hdd in pc (to fat32)
take both devices and copy all the backed up folders from the new hard drive over to the one you have formatted
insert new ps3 drive into the ps3 console
plug the old ps3 drive (the one you transferred all the backup files to) into the usb
go to the restore hdd function and it should put all the old ps3 files on the new hdd you installed

if i missed a step it would be re-installing your cfw on the new hdd before the restore process

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: