Replacing GBC batteries - The game does not save

Aidan25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait I put in a new battery for Pokemon Sapphire on the GBA but I think I threw out the insulation bit. Could that be why I keep getting a white screen after the GBA splash occurs?

Drud1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait I put in a new battery for Pokemon Sapphire on the GBA but I think I threw out the insulation bit. Could that be why I keep getting a white screen after the GBA splash occurs?

I believe a white screen usually means your either shorting out a component connected to the ROM chip or a component leading to the ROM chip. I have no clue what you mean by an insulation bit though as I have always just seen the circuit board, the various chips, and the battery. Check connection points for shorted connections and possibly reflow solder to the ROM chip and battery. If you are really unsure, post a picture of the circuit board and i'll see if I can figure out what is wrong.

Reactions: Aidan25

Aidan25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe a white screen usually means your either shorting out a component connected to the ROM chip or a component leading to the ROM chip. I have no clue what you mean by an insulation bit though as I have always just seen the circuit board, the various chips, and the battery. Check connection points for shorted connections and possibly reflow solder to the ROM chip and battery. If you are really unsure, post a picture of the circuit board and i'll see if I can figure out what is wrong.
Will do over the next couple of days. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome