Hacking Replacing boot.firm while system is running, safe?

blackwrensniper

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm running the latest stable version of Luma and want to install CTRPluginFramework but it requires me to replace my boot.firm, which is no big deal if I eject my microSD card... However given the pain in the ass to do that on a N3dsXL I generally always use the built in microSD management wi-fi file transfer to put files onto or off of the SD card. Boot.firm strikes me as more system critical though and I want to know if I need to physically eject the card or if wi-fi is safe.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm running the latest stable version of Luma and want to install CTRPluginFramework but it requires me to replace my boot.firm, which is no big deal if I eject my microSD card... However given the pain in the ass to do that on a N3dsXL I generally always use the built in microSD management wi-fi file transfer to put files onto or off of the SD card. Boot.firm strikes me as more system critical though and I want to know if I need to physically eject the card or if wi-fi is safe.
I really don't know but I don't see it causing a brick or anything but this is something i would like to know if it can be done but if you are to test it make sere you have a ntrboot card or hardmod to recover from a brick just to be on the safe side.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It totally works. There's even Luma updaters that do it from inside the running console. Basically once Luma is loaded into RAM, it releases the file and you can do anything with it.

Reactions: leerpsp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp +1