Hardware replacement PSP 2000 thumbstick

bitbite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I currently have a PSP 2000 I bought cheap from a friend. The thumb-stick was completely worn out (movement was slack and erratic when playing god of war)

I needed to replace the whole unit (electrical/mechanical parts and nubs )

Just wanted to know, if ordering a replacement unit off eBay is a good idea?

- Are certain replacement units better than others?
- does the quality vary?
- anyone else done this before?

Please let me know what you would recommend :)

bitbite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought this and I found it works pretty well. You can get nubs bigger which makes gaems more comfortable to play. Well worth it.

Actually thats, something worth looking at too.

I believe i need to clarify, its the actualy electrical/mechanically input side of the thumbstick thats not working right anymore

bitbite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tested any other game, it could be your iso/cso

Definitely tested out multiple ISO/CSO's.

Im not entire sure the mode of failure (anything from cheeto dust, to spilling a beer on it he thinks), but the Thumbstick just doesn't have the range of motion of feel of a "normal" PSP thumbstick anymore. I'd rather just replace the whole component with something that will add some life to the system again.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get a used PSP 2000 at gamestop for roughly the price of a new game, not saying you should give up on fixing the old one, just don't go to extreme lengths (or costs) when you could just replace it.

bitbite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can get a used PSP 2000 at gamestop for roughly the price of a new game, not saying you should give up on fixing the old one, just don't go to extreme lengths (or costs) when you could just replace it.

A replacement joystick is $5 (nub and mechanical parts) on Ebay. Im not sure of the quality of them tho.

Unit cost me: $20 w/ charger
MSduo adapter w/ MicroSD: $27
New shell: $15

So far I've dropped $62 to referb a PSP2000 to brand new condition (with 32gb) upgrade.

EBgame (gamestop canada) would have charged me $65 + tax for a used one. Deffinately more cost effective to just fix one up so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr