Sendoh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
The official battery for my PSP-2000 became swollen so I ordered a replacement. The replacement is a 3rd party product and works fine for the most part. However, sometimes it would turn my PSP off from sleep mode if the charger is plugged in, and when I turn on the PSP again I find that it is unable to detect the battery. I would have to fiddle with the battery a little bit in order for it to work again. I did a bit of testing with it and eliminated a few possibilities:

• It doesn't seem to turn my PSP off from sleep mode if the AC adapter isn't plugged in.
  • The battery charges just fine if I don't put it to sleep mode (let the screen black out in xmb loader)
  • I tried using another replacement battery, and that one doesn't have the problem mentioned, so it's not likely to be a hardware problem of the PSP. (The problem with that other battery is that its battery life is pitiful even though it advertises 3600 mah)
Any tips on how I might fix this? Any further tests I should run? I'm quite sick of trying out different batteries only for them to not work but do you guys have any recommendations for replacement batteries if necessary?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I would spring for an official battery. You may have to spend around $30 USD on it, but the reason those third party batteries are so inexpensive is probably becoming obvious to you now. They tend to be cheaply built, rarely hold even half the charge they claim to, and just aren't good.

Sendoh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
I would spring for an official battery. You may have to spend around $30 USD on it

Yeah, that's what I feared. Looking around, the only seller I could find still selling official batteries is this guy. Any recommendations? Do you think I should go with this seller? Reason I'm asking is because I tried a replacement battery which looks identical to the original battery (as far as I can tell anyway) but turned out to be a dud counterfeit.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
That looks okay. Thankfully, that buyer does offer a 14 day return policy, so if you get the battery and it isn't as advertised, you can always either return the battery, or try to reverse the charge with a dispute on PayPal. Honestly, the price and lenient return policy is what makes me think the batteries are legit. There would be no returns and probably a suspiciously low price if they were crappy third party knockoffs.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you still buy recently-produced Sony batteries? A battery that has been on the shelf for 4 years probably won't be any good anymore :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn