tateconcepts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

So I recently had my 5 year old ask me to fire up the Wii (he has a Wii U now) because I had done a homebrew on it just after he was born. I had used a 2GB miniSD card with adapter with Letterbomb to do this at the time and still had the Homebrew Channel plus the USBLoaderGX channel on the Wii. I'm not a fan of using USB devices because I have a 2 1/2 year old who could pull them out, they could break off, etc so I prefer SD instead. So I was able to get a 32GB Patriot Class 10 SDHC card to work and put a ton of wbfs files on it but I noticed that for one - USBLoaderGX refused to examine the SD card. Second, there are a ton of older Sega roms in the NAND flash of the Wii that I'd really like to get off the Wii. Originally, I used the IOS249 method to put them on there I think, and this USB Config Loader DOES read the SDHC and wbfs files on it, even with IOS249 but it doesn't show the Sega titles.

First, how do I get these out of the NAND and back to the SD card? Is there a means to just delete them instead? Also, why do they not appear in the USB Config Loader too?

I did perform the d2x IOS method last night because New Mario Bros Wii refused to run and I am having a problem with getting the homebrew browser to download and install new apps. It connects just fine, but every utility tells me that once I select and download it that - it failed to create folder or something. Does anyone have a workaround or solution to getting the Homebrew Browser to properly work?

Thank you all,
Brian

tateconcepts

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I found a post about USBLoaderGX and using the features to dump NAND to EmuNAND. That's great as it puts them on the SDHC card. However, the question still remains as to how I clear those games from the internal NAND in addition, even after doing the d2x IOS (since I only had IOS249 when I homebrewed in 2011) - I still cannot use the HomeBrew Browser to load anything. No matter what I want to install from the HomeBrew Browser I get "Creating Folders Failed" that's with the 0.3.9c or the newest version too. Anyone have any clue as to this issue and how to clear the NAND since I have dumped them all to SD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2