Gaming Remote Play Question + Your Thoughts?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, as we know, the PS4 will require their games to be remote-play-enabled.

SO. A few questions:

1) What will they do to reduce lag? It seems as if the CFW PS3s already do a good job of making remote play virtually lagless: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5buIgayZ60 - How do you think the PS4 will play a game, through remote play? Like, how ( do you think ) will they limit the lag?
2) The games we've ALREADY BOUGHT via the PSN, digitally, will we be able to play them through streaming? (Ya know, provided the bought games are available to stream...?) Or will we have to re-buy the game? I, personally, doubt we'll have to rebuy it. I can't see Sony doing that, and, both the 'streaming version' and the 'digital version', I'd assume, would be the same thing. Your thoughts?

3) If yes to the PS3 games, do you think we'll be able to use the Mics on the Vitas, and whatnot? I know the WiFi will be the PS4's connected WiFi but yeah.

I know, I know. Enough with the questions haha! So let me ask YOU:

What are your overall thoughts and hopes about/for the PS4's remote play?

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As a remote controller + screen. Not that I mind playing on a big ass screen (currently have a 47" FullHD LED), but sometimes it would be nice to play in some other place. Maybe even outside if the weather is nice.

Remote play could be incorporated in the same(ish) way as the WiiU uses the tablet: 4 people on the big screen and 1 (or more) with Vitas. Sure the PSVitas cost a ton for just a controller, but if you have friends with the handhelds, they're just doubling the possibilities of playing with a PS4. Just like incorporating some kind of tablet controller for the console (it may even happen, as Sony has it's own range of tablets (+PS Mobile for gaming already)).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn