Reminder: The Nintendo DSi shop is shutting down

P7ukCk1nxw0UXlQuj7c_p76a6RGlp-5l.jpg

Nearly a year ago, Nintendo put out a blog post, mentioning that the DSi shop would be closing early in 2017. Though you can no longer add points to an account, you can still download previously purchased items on your DSi, or buy titles if you have remaining funds, that is, until March 31, 2017. Nintendo claims that "most" DSiware will be available to download unhindered on the 3DS's e-Shop, but in the case of the DSi, you will no longer be allowed to re-download DSiware, even if you purchased it. This is a reminder for those that still use a DSi to grab their purchases before it's too late and make peace with the service being ended.

:arrow: Source

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Zelda was a limited time release, it doesn"t appear in the search...
Nintend oactually replied to some people asking for the game before the Shop closure: https://www.reddit.com/r/zelda/comments/4x5hxn/unfortunate_psa_anyone_without_zelda_four_swords/
Uno doesn"t apear when searching it too. I"m doing this in an American console with the USA DSi Shop.
"Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!" is Premium, so it costs 800 DSi Points.
-
By the way there was another title for free for Japan consoles (it"s avaliable in the 3DS too) so people with a Japan DSi should download that tile (I can"t remeber the name now), I"ll check it in my Japan 3DS later.
Hm. It seems Nintendo may have started the purge already. Try Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
"Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!" is here, but it costs 800 DSi Points.
That trick of the country as Perú for add funds still works, but I don"t have a Credit Card and stores (incluiding Digital ones) doesn"t seem to sell Nintendo Points Cards (DSi and Wii).

coreycubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DSi on firmware 1.4.3U and was going to check out the Nintendo DSi Shop one last time today, but I see it needs an update to 1.4.5U. Anything cool I can do with a DSi that hasn't been updated? I might just leave it where it is.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
The Shop now it"s closed, apparently the only thing that can still be downloaded is the Nintendo 3DS Transfer Tool and any previously purchased apps and games.
7E7CCal.jpg

C8VkRM9.jpg

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Yeah basically the only thing remaining is the dsi->3ds transfer app.
So the store isn't completely closed technically. :P

Reactions: Coto

souler92

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so there isnt a way to grab dsi wares from some kind of iso site and install them on the 3ds with you know magic and some piracy?

Farz_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nearly a year ago, Nintendo put out a blog post, mentioning that the DSi shop would be closing early in 2017. Though you can no longer add points to an account, you can still download previously purchased items on your DSi, or buy titles if you have remaining funds, that is, until March 31, 2017. Nintendo claims that "most" DSiware will be available to download unhindered on the 3DS's e-Shop, but in the case of the DSi, you will no longer be allowed to re-download DSiware, even if you purchased it. This is a reminder for those that still use a DSi to grab their purchases before it's too late and make peace with the service being ended.

:arrow: Source

Tho the dsi could be good news because now Nintendo will be able to focus on more things it is also bad news because it shows that the switch is overtaking and Nintendo needs to put more time and effort into the Nintendo Switch so to do that they had to get rid of stuff which aren't used as much for example the dsi store. Let's hope things like EShop aren't next

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Tho the dsi could be good news because now Nintendo will be able to focus on more things it is also bad news because it shows that the switch is overtaking and Nintendo needs to put more time and effort into the Nintendo Switch so to do that they had to get rid of stuff which aren't used as much for example the dsi store. Let's hope things like EShop aren't next
The 3ds is only 2 years younger than the dsi so maybe the 3ds eshop will be on the chopping block as soon as 2019. :sad:

Reactions: Farz_

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pachee as impressive as that is, I think this request would be better suited to a different site with more chaotic rules in comparison to this one which forbids Warez discussion. Just sayin'.
It was just a suggestion.
The 3ds is only 2 years younger than the dsi so maybe the 3ds eshop will be on the chopping block as soon as 2019. :sad:
The DSi eshop was some clunky experiment while the Wii U / 3DS eshops are new and tied Nintendo's account system and My Nintendo. The only one in actual danger right now is the Wii eshop.
But regarding the rest of the services like online games, boards, that video chat and stuff, yea i can see them taking these down as soon as possible due to "lack of use", so enjoy Splatoon, Mario Kart, Smash, Lost Heavers and the rest while you still can before pleaseunderstandandbuyouroverpricedtabletanditsoverpricedports.

Last edited by Pachee,

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
It was just a suggestion.

The DSi eshop was some clunky experiment while the Wii U / 3DS eshops are new and tied Nintendo's account system and My Nintendo. The only one in actual danger right now is the Wii eshop.
But regarding the rest of the services like online games, boards, that video chat and stuff, yea i can see them taking these down as soon as possible due to "lack of use", so enjoy Splatoon, Mario Kart, Smash, Lost Heavers and the rest while you still can before pleaseunderstandandbuyouroverpricedtabletanditsoverpricedports.
Just imagine in this "experiment", they allowed you to buy full titles. Then we could of gotten tons of DS games on our 3DS. Sadly, Nintendo didn't do that :(

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the DSi shop for Rhythm Core Alpha, and the Rytmik software. It was nice to have at the time. As far as DSi's usefulness I enjoy playing my DS titles on the regular and XL. The screens are abit easier to see then the DS OG/Lite. For GBA I stick with the AGS-101.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a lot of consoles. I own the DS lite but I never got the DSi or the XL so the only experience I have with DSi ware is when I bought Fieldrunners to downgrade my 3DS. Thanks, DSi ware.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
now Nintendo will be able to focus on more things
Implying they ever cared?

3DS eshops are new and tied Nintendo's account system and My Nintendo
Not at all: the ticket system is still per-console and the "accounts" are nothing more than an alternative identifier (to your console's serial number) if you need to ask Nintendo for a manual license transfer (which they also did on Wii and DSi)!

Then we could of gotten tons of DS games on our 3DS
Hard to fit more than one "full game" in 128 MB (unformatted)...

maybe the 3ds eshop will be on the chopping block[...]
Luckily, thanks to titlekey exchanges, titlekey-based downloaders, and pretty accessible CFW and title installers, it's rather easy to backup large parts of the eShop in actually usable formats ;)

Reactions: Dionicio3

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not at all: the ticket system is still per-console and the "accounts" are nothing more than an alternative identifier (to your console's serial number) if you need to ask Nintendo for a manual license transfer (which they also did on Wii and DSi)!
I don't understand your point here. Purchases are all tied to user accounts instead of the console now, the ticket system is just Nintendo's old way of DRM (which probably is the same on the Switch), and it doesn't matter anymore because you can unlink online an account from the console anytime you want as long as you still got it, or phone Nintendo if it is lost/broken/stolen.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't understand your point here. Purchases are all tied to user accounts instead of the console now, the ticket system is just Nintendo's old way of DRM (which probably is the same on the Switch), and it doesn't matter anymore because you can unlink online an account from the console anytime you want as long as you still got it, or phone Nintendo if it is lost/broken/stolen.

So, nothing changed since the opening of the Wii Shop as far as "transfers without both systems working and in the same room" scenario (which in the Wii/DSi generation, they weren't a separate case - all license transfers required support)

The second shop generation (3DS/WiiU) still uses per-console tickets (despite the fact that you can get tickets reissued for any console as long as you can get the shop account on it; "shop account" being not necessarily the same thing as a NNID despite jerry rigged efforts to keep them in sync - indeed you don't need a NNID to buy from the 3DS shop)

The point is that the implementation of licenses as they want the users to see and believe is rather different than how the console actually implements it (with the servers doing the appropriate conversions)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse