[RELEASES] asie's homebrew (atari800-3DS, etc.)

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by asiekierka, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Asaki

Asaki Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    Emulation is a lot better, tested in 3DSX and CIA. I haven't seen the framerate dip below 99% yet, but it's really hard to tell that Pac-Man is closing his mouth (that could just be due to the LCD itself). Sound is a lot better, but there's still some quirks here and there (Pac-Man's intro music sounds like chimey bells, for example, which "enable higher frequencies" off seems to fix?).

Is there a way to use the d-pad instead of the circle pad for games? It's working fine in the menus, but I can't get it to work in any games. Obviously, you would need the circle pad for the 5200's analogue controls, but it's literally killing me in these 8-bit games.

Same here, I just tested on Centipede.

2. Excalibur007

Excalibur007 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    I just found this emulator yesterday (yeah, I'm a bit late), and I'm loving it. Thank you VERY much for this! Everything I've tried so far has been working great, with just one exception. The 5200 emulation is unplayable for me because the joystick calibration is too far off and is always pointed right/down, so any character continually runs/moves right/down.

I also would like to ask if there are just a couple of things that could be tweaked:
    1) D-pad control as a option instead of only the analog stick (this would make the A8 games easier to play, although the analog "should" be good for some of the 5200 games if the calibration is fixed). Still, a digital control option would enhance gameplay so much.
    2) Could you add the option to turn off the bottom screen by tapping the (unused) upper portion of the bottom screen?

Again, thank you very much for this port. It definitely fills a huge gap for me in 3DS emulation. And, if you're able to add those couple of features, it would be absolutely perfect in my opinion. :-)

edit: lol, looks like I'm repeating some of what Asaki said.

Last edited by Excalibur007, Nov 13, 2016
  3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Make a video player that takes advantage of the N3DS's decoder chip! :D

And a video player or MP3 player for O3DS couldn't hurt either. For MP3, something with tabbed sorting on the top screen with maybe a graphical equilizer LEDs would be sweet, and have the songs, albums, and control buttons on the bottom. I'm not asking for FLAC, but that would be impressive. MP3 and m4a should be fine though.

4. Laserschwert

Laserschwert Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2016
    Gambia, The
    OpenTTD sounds really good, since the 3DS is really missing some good old strategy sims. In that regard let me quote myself from the homebrew suggestions thread:

5. Asaki

Asaki Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2007
    United States
    At least I'm not the only one who can't play digital games with analogue controls.

6. asiekierka
    OP

asiekierka Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2007
    Poland

Last edited by asiekierka, May 11, 2017
  7. IceBlueLugia

IceBlueLugia Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    United States
    Where do you put the ROMs?

8. Excalibur007

Excalibur007 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2015
    United States
    Not sure I understand completely, but are you saying that you've added digital controls to the D-pad on the github? If so, can we get a compiled cia?

Wherever you want. You can point it to start up in your directory in the settings.

Last edited by Excalibur007, Feb 2, 2017
  9. asiekierka
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2007
    Poland

Joel16 and Cid2mizard like this.
  10. Skelux

Skelux Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    Hi, I am having trouble getting this to work. Both the homebrew launcher and cia version instantly exit back to the homebrew launcher/home menu respectively, no error messages. I am using a new 3ds xl on 9.2.0E.

11. asiekierka
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2007
    Poland

Joel16 likes this.
  12. Skelux

Skelux Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2009
    I think the reason was because my Gateway card or ds flash cards wouldn't work on a later firmware, If that's not it then I've forgotten.

13. laharl22

laharl22 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 19, 2014
    France
    link are down anybody have a link?

14. xxangelxx

xxangelxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
  15. asiekierka
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2007
    Poland

Joel16, Cid2mizard and VinsCool like this.
  16. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    You might want to tweak this a bit. Every time I try to run a 5200 game, it quickly switches over to "custom XL/XE mode," which prevents the game from running and is intensely aggravating besides. I've tried setting the system manually to 5200, but it keeps doing the same thing. Help!

17. asiekierka
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2007
    Poland

18. ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I've got 5200.ROM in there. I didn't know it let you choose a path... I thought it just chose a default.

Also, I think the extension the games have is A52. Should it be BIN instead?

EDIT: Okay, I see my problem. You've got to specify that it's a 5200 cartridge or else it won't work. But there's another issue... no second fire button. This makes games like Dreadnaught Factor impossible to play properly.

Last edited by ArugulaZ, Mar 25, 2017
  19. xxangelxx

xxangelxx Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Can u add AtariST emulation in your great emu?

20. asiekierka
    OP

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2007
    Poland