Hacking [Release] Yellows8's Homebrew Launcher Loader for CFW users (.cia HBL Launcher!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafahzn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i've never had any experience with homebrews in the 3ds yet,i know about the many entry point.With this cia do i still need them? like CN etc?
what is the logical sequence to get it working? (O3DS4.5fw-EMU10.1) thx

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
It will load into your homebrew which will automatically boot back to CFW (and most likely blackscreen, if your emunand is >9.2)

What you can do to avoid that is hex edit your payload to point towards a different .3dsx file which is your homebrew launcher.

People have reported that editing the payload used by this .cia caused problems, so I'd recommend editing your menuhax payload instead. I have mine set to look for nhax.3dsx which is CBM, and my homebrew launcher is boot.3dsx as normal.
So i search in the "ropbinpayload_menuhax_EUR12288_old3ds.bin" and found 2x boot.3dsx, do i need to replace both boot.3dsx with the name i gave to boot.3dsx? (lets say ctrb.3dsx)

Reactions: peteruk
D

Deleted-236924

I only had the first boot.3dsx replaced at first and it worked fine, but I went ahead and changes both and it works fine too, so probably safe to change both.

Reactions: DjoeN and peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only had the first boot.3dsx replaced at first and it worked fine, but I went ahead and changes both and it works fine too, so probably safe to change both.

I did the same as advised earlier by @Pingouin7 I renamed my file the same name and changed it both places and is working great

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It will load into your homebrew which will automatically boot back to CFW (and most likely blackscreen, if your emunand is >9.2)

What you can do to avoid that is hex edit your payload to point towards a different .3dsx file which is your homebrew launcher.

People have reported that editing the payload used by this .cia caused problems, so I'd recommend editing your menuhax payload instead. I have mine set to look for nhax.3dsx which is CBM, and my homebrew launcher is boot.3dsx as normal.
I tried this and it worked perfectly - Menuhax has no problem loading the modified payload, but it seems this loader is a bit picky and won't take a payload that's been altered. Pretty good stuff!
I wonder if we'll be able to modify the loading screens in the future, it's a bit jarring to see "Homebrew - Homebrew" when loading the .cia, but I'm not complaining.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country
im on n3ds ang searched for "boot.3sx" on notepad++ on the payload file, but i only found one... why other found 2 entries???

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's boring, the soft is trying to donwload the file at every boot...
Possible to have an offline launcher?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's boring, the soft is trying to donwload the file at every boot...
Possible to have an offline launcher?
Even if you press Y (or whatever it was) to save the payload ?
Anyway, someone posted an "offline version" here, not sure if that helps.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw snap, how did I only just notice this today?! Time to put my copy of ironfall into a folder on my 3ds to be launched as a normal title only while I put this title right on the home screen where ironfall used to be.

JagN9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IMHO, we should start using "brew.3dsx" instead of "boot.3dsx" if all we want is to load the Homebrew Launcher. Leave "boot.3dsx" for excepcional cases.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMHO, we should start using "brew.3dsx" instead of "boot.3dsx" if all we want is to load the Homebrew Launcher. Leave "boot.3dsx" for excepcional cases.

I actually did it differently, I kept my homebrew launcher as boot.3dsx, and then had my autoboot rxtools emunand redirect to the menu.3dsx file on the root of my sd card instead of boot.3dsx, so keeping homebrew launching directed to boot.3dsx does work best for me, and I'm sure many others.

JagN9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually did it differently, I kept my homebrew launcher as boot.3dsx, and then had my autoboot rxtools emunand redirect to the menu.3dsx file on the root of my sd card instead of boot.3dsx, so keeping homebrew launching directed to boot.3dsx does work best for me, and I'm sure many others.
I (and many other I know) use boot.3dsx to boot a program that checks for pressed buttons and jumps to another program. So it would be:

- boot.3dsx -> Boot manager, that launches the next
- brew.3dsx -> Homebrew Launcher
- rxTools/bin/code.bin -> rxTools
- whateveryouwant.3dsx and so...

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I (and many other I know) use boot.3dsx to boot a program that checks for pressed buttons and jumps to another program. So it would be:

- boot.3dsx -> Boot manager, that launches the next
- brew.3dsx -> Homebrew Launcher
- rxTools/bin/code.bin -> rxTools
- whateveryouwant.3dsx and so...

Yes I did this too, but you can alter which file that loads via the menuropbin file or whatever it's called in your hex editor and change both instances of boot.3dsx to any other name that's 4 characters long, for me I did menu.3dsx, and since this method was outlined in a few tutorials here, I know a lot of other people also use this method so that your home brew launcher can stay directed to boot.3dsx and your auto boot, no buttons pushed cfw/emunand can be loaded from a different file name like menu.3dsx.

Last edited by duffmmann,

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is a build with a new icon and a new banner.
HBL48.png
banner.png

Attachments

• hblauncher_loader[ICO&BANNER].rar
    181.4 KB · Views: 380

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
You can also modify the otherapp payload with a hex editor to launch another file rather than boot.3dsx like we did with themehax. I like this.

¿Has anyone tried this with that hblauncher with arm9 payload support? I'm specially interested in going from the menu to the gateway launcher.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Reactions: peteruk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: