Hacking [Release] Yellows8's Homebrew Launcher Loader for CFW users (.cia HBL Launcher!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiePx3

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mine goes to Download Play screen which i can't exit using HOME button.
I dont know why that happens, but how. I have a reboot app inside my 3ds folder which restarts my 3DS from HB launcher. And for some strange reason, if I try to go into the HBL launcher again, I get into the Download Play screen.
So, to workaround that, I had to power my 3DS down and up again using the power button. Then my HB launcher works again.

To exit the Download Play screen just hold the power button down until your 3DS shuts down. If it goes into the Download Play screen every time you try to go into the homebrew launcher, I sadly cant help you. :&

2manyGames2play

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont know why that happens, but how. I have a reboot app inside my 3ds folder which restarts my 3DS from HB launcher. And for some strange reason, if I try to go into the HBL launcher again, I get into the Download Play screen.
So, to workaround that, I had to power my 3DS down and up again using the power button. Then my HB launcher works again.

To exit the Download Play screen just hold the power button down until your 3DS shuts down. If it goes into the Download Play screen every time you try to go into the homebrew launcher, I sadly cant help you. :&

This. It's probably 11.0.x <-> hblauncher related that needs to be fixed

C02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed my payload to match my fw but still unable to boot homebrew through emunand

xtreme1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
10.7.0-32 from POST5_U_25600_usa_9221.bin and renamed to:
hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_OLD-11-0-0-33-USA

Put that on my sd root. INstalled the hblauncher_loader1.1 via big blue (im on gateway 11.0.0 btw) and it just goes red for me? what am I missing?

Last edited by xtreme1,

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same issue here, 11.0.0.33 and it launches everytime the "download mode" nintendo app. That's annoying :S!

I thought I was the only one. It doesn't happen all the time for me though. I can't give a good estimate on the percentage of success in booting into HBL, maybe 60/40 in favor of it booting successfully.

codeluca

Trophies
Website
www.lucacesarano.tk
XP
Country
Italy

I thought I was the only one. It doesn't happen all the time for me though. I can't give a good estimate on the percentage of success in booting into HBL, maybe 60/40 in favor of it booting successfully.

8/10 fail, 1/10 freeze, 1/10 Homebrew launcher successfully launched. :rofl:

Ramzh

I am a living meme
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys so I am trying to run the HBL on 9.2.20E through broswerhax and freakyhax (updated from a 4.1.6E through rxTools and sysUpdater from Plaliect Guide) but every time I try it get stuck on the red screen...Any suggestion on how to fix this?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys so I am trying to run the HBL on 9.2.20E through broswerhax and freakyhax (updated from a 4.1.6E through rxTools and sysUpdater from Plaliect Guide) but every time I try it get stuck on the red screen...Any suggestion on how to fix this?
you're missing a boot.3dsx

uam

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have followed Plailect's guide and i managed to have cfw on my N3DS sysNAND. My problem is that HBL doesn't return to system home menu by pressing home button and even when i go through start menu (x) return to home menu the system returns to home but with system error.... after that if i try to launch HBL again it hangs at yellow screen. In order to launch HBL again is to reboot the system.

The second observation is that some apps like Decrypt9 doesn't work any more, is this proper behaviour?

Last edited by uam,

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have followed Plailect's guide and i managed to have cfw on my N3DS sysNAND. My problem is that HBL doesn't return to system home menu by pressing home button and even when i go through start menu (x) return to home menu the system returns to home but with system error.... after that if i try to launch HBL again it hangs at yellow screen. In order to launch HBL again is to reboot the system.

The second observation is that some apps like Decrypt9 doesn't work any more, is this proper behaviour?
Decrypt 9 emunand 9 and other apps that require arm9 only work on 9.2 or less firmware. However if you have arm9loader hax you can just boot them on console boot up since we have arm9 access on any firmware. If your using menuhax then you have to launch those programs in you 9.2 sysnand for it to work.

As for homebrew menu not doing anything when you push home that's not true, the home button takes a screenshot when in the homebrew menu. The only way to go home is to press start and go home. The error is Normal.

uam

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Decrypt 9 emunand 9 and other apps that require arm9 only work on 9.2 or less firmware. However if you have arm9loader hax you can just boot them on console boot up since we have arm9 access on any firmware. If your using menuhax then you have to launch those programs in you 9.2 sysnand for it to work.

As for homebrew menu not doing anything when you push home that's not true, the home button takes a screenshot when in the homebrew menu. The only way to go home is to press start and go home. The error is Normal.

Thank you very much for you response! As Plailect's guide suggests i updated the system to v11. I'll try to load them with arm9loader to check if they still works.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Can this be installed with Gateway Card on systemnand Gateway Mode through GW's menu and then go into Homebrew via the cia icon on an N3DSXL 9x? sorry if this has been answered before. I thought this method maybe a better way to enter Homebrew instead of holding R button on power up for example.

Edit: I have tried it but it just says The software title could not be launched? is that correct? also the logo just disappears on power up again. Is there anyway to get this working it would be really handy to enter HBL on systemnand logo with GW :)

Last edited by Reecey,

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis

OH john SNOOW THANK YOU for the information JOHN SNEWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: