Hacking [Release] Yellows8's Homebrew Launcher Loader for CFW users (.cia HBL Launcher!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Just delete the old payload, install the new .CIA version and let it download the new payload. It's not rocket science..

I'm curious if you can beat the games that you play...

So does anyone know where reinand stores the payload for the hb launcher?

Last edited by jimmyleen,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I took my ctrbotmanager (boot.3dsx) and renamed it to hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-10-7-0-32-USA. Then I opend it with HxD and edited the boot.3dsx line and rplaced it with hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-10-7-0-32-USA. After that I booted my 3DS and all I get is soft bricks...just none stop soft bricks.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
all other homebrew do not run on 10.x SysNAND (a9lh), 2x botton screen red flashes then return to HBL. That's the second big problem I see with A9LH, the first one is you can't launch gateway too without emuNAND (pretty useless for ppl who installed a9lh precisely for ditching emuNAND).
The only homebrew that fail on 10.x+ are those that are those that require arm9 kernel execution. Most homebrew runs perfectly fine on 10.x, and the ones that don't and require arm9 execution can usually be loaded through a9lh (haven't found any exceptions yet).

Last edited by astronautlevel,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't seem to get this to work on reinand 3.3 even by editing the ctrbootmanager (boot.3dsx) on the sd root, and opening boot.cfg and changing the homebremenu location does not make hbl.cia load like it's suppose to.

Edit: it just ends up being nothing more than soft bricks.

toto621

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The only homebrew that fail on 10.x+ are those that are those that require arm9 kernel execution. Most homebrew runs perfectly fine on 10.x, and the ones that don't and require arm9 execution can usually be loaded through menuhax (haven't found any exceptions yet).
Then you're a lucky pal because all homebrew I tested were defective with 10.x firmware (very few, I stricly don't care about emulators and old PC portages, I have a PC for that kind of stuff which will always be way better). Here is a list of what I tried :
- Decrypt9UI (don't launch)
- Decrypt9WIP (don't launch)
- EmuNAND9 (don't launch)
- FBI (launch, can be useless if you already have H&S entrypoint for it)
- Gateway (don't launch)
- OTPHelper (don't launch)
- SafeA9LHInstaller (don't launch)
- OoT exploit installer (launch but useless since I already have an entrypoint)

SysUpdater is working too because it was updated to be usable with firm 10.x from what I've read.

I can use some of then from cold boot because I have A9LH installed on my O3DS XL but ppl without it will be f*cked unless they downgrade. That's why I said 10.x payloads have a very limited interest unless all those stuff are fixed.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Then you're a lucky pal because all homebrew I tested were defective with 10.x firmware (very few, I stricly don't care about emulators and old PC portages, I have a PC for that kind of stuff which will always be way better). Here is a list of what I tried :
- Decrypt9UI (don't launch)
- Decrypt9WIP (don't launch)
- EmuNAND9 (don't launch)
- FBI (launch, can be useless if you already have H&S entrypoint for it)
- Gateway (don't launch)
- OTPHelper (don't launch)
- SafeA9LHInstaller (don't launch)
- OoT exploit installer (launch but useless since I already have an entrypoint)

SysUpdater is working too because it was updated to be usable with firm 10.x from what I've read.

I can use some of then from cold boot because I have A9LH installed on my O3DS XL but ppl without it will be f*cked unless they downgrade. That's why I said 10.x payloads have a very limited interest unless all those stuff are fixed.
Dude, all the homebrew you listed require arm9 code execution. There are tons of homebrew that are strictly userland that run fine on 9.3+. Stuff like custom themes, HANS, braindump, NASA, and SVDT, run fine on 10.x homebrew. You can say that a lot of the more powerful tools won't launch, which is correct, but it's because we haven't discovered an arm9 kernel exploit on anything newer than 9.2 (not for lack of trying).

SysUpdater works on newer than 9.2 FIRM because it only requires arm11 kernel exploit, which we have for all firmwares up to 10.7. All the tools you listed and said didn't launch require arm9 which is a lot harder to get to.

x_master_1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took my ctrbotmanager (boot.3dsx) and renamed it to hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-10-7-0-32-USA. Then I opend it with HxD and edited the boot.3dsx line and rplaced it with hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_NEW-10-7-0-32-USA. After that I booted my 3DS and all I get is soft bricks...just none stop soft bricks.
Only edit payload. You can download and edit payload from yellows8's site. If you edit boot.3dsx file, your console will be brick.

Reactions: Queno138

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
You renamed ctrbootmanager into the payload's name.... Are you retarded?

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
So why is it that no one mentions how this version of the homebrew launcher has a x button option? For example SD payload loading can be skipped if you hold down the X button as soon as the HBL starts. If for some reason you'r HBL does not detect the otherapp payload you can manually downloaded it from this link https://smealum.github.io/3ds/ (read daxtsu's post on page 3) . And of course every one knows or should know what pressing the start button in the homebrew launcher does right? It takes you back to the emunand home menu, or you can press these buttons L+R+DOWN+B and it will do the same as pressing the start and x button while in the homebrew launcher.

Edit: the app needs a readme so people will stop asking the same questions.

Edit: I found out about the x and y button options from this github account https://github.com/ApacheThunder/hblauncher_loader (read the readme)

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why is it that no one mentions how this version of the homebrew launcher has x and y button options? For example SD payload loading can be skipped if you hold down the X button. If you hold down the Y button, this will write the downloaded payload from HTTP to SD, if it actually downloaded it via HTTP, or if you manually downloaded the payload from this link https://smealum.github.io/3ds/ (read daxtsu's post on page 3) . And of course every one knows or should know what pressing the start button in the homebrew launcher does right? It takes you back to the emunand home menu, or you can press these buttons L+R+DOWN+B and it will do the same as pressing the start and x button while in the homebrew launcher.

Edit: the app needs a readme so people will stop asking the same questions.

Edit: I found out about the x and y button options from this github account https://github.com/ApacheThunder/hblauncher_loader (read the readme)
Actually, ever since the newest release, you don't have to hold "Y". It now puts it in your SD by default.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are correct, I just didn't think the word write mint the same as download.
Oh that's fine. Are you a native English speaker? If you aren't, you're not bad at all. And you're right, "download" and "write" aren't usually interchangeable, actually I can't think of a time when I'd use write over downloaded and vise versa. If you need anymore help with your 3ds, give me a shout and I'll try to help.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh that's fine. Are you a native English speaker? If you aren't, you're not bad at all. And you're right, "download" and "write" aren't usually interchangeable, actually I can't think of a time when I'd use write over downloaded and vise versa. If you need anymore help with your 3ds, give me a shout and I'll try to help.

English is not my only native language, after all I was born in Romania so yeah typing and writing in English for nineteen years is still harder for me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you happen to know why the CIA HBL can't auto boot the same way ctrbootmanger autoboots a cfw? It seems to me the only way to to use the CIA HBL is by not autobooting the ctrbootmanger, its as if the CIA HBL is tied to ctrbootmanager the same way the regular HBL is tied to ctrbootmanager and I don't think that is the correct way to boot HBL from emunand.

Reactions: Just Passing By

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
English is not my only native language, after all I was born in Romania so yeah typing and writing in English for nineteen years is still harder for me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you happen to know why the CIA HBL can't auto boot the same way ctrbootmanger autoboots a cfw? It seems to me the only way to to use the CIA HBL is by not autobooting the ctrbootmanger, its as if the CIA HBL is tied to ctrbootmanager the same way the regular HBL is tied to ctrbootmanager and I don't think that is the correct way to boot HBL from emunand.
The hb.cia can't be loaded through ctrbootmanager because it is only used to be installed to the home menu. That's all a cia file does. If you want to boot the hb menu through ctrbootmanager, use the boot.3ds from smea, renamed to something else. My preference of loading the hb menu from emunand is through the installed hb.cia.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
The hb.cia can't be loaded through ctrbootmanager because it is only used to be installed to the home menu. That's all a cia file does. If you want to boot the hb menu through ctrbootmanager, use the boot.3ds from smea, renamed to something else. My preference of loading the hb menu from emunand is through the installed hb.cia.

Can't get HBL.cia to load by its self even with the correct otherapp payload, its giving me a red screen. The only way I can load the HBL.cia is with ctrbootmanager on emunand.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't get HBL.cia to load by its self even with the correct otherapp payload, its giving me a red screen. The only way I can load the HBL.cia is with ctrbootmanager. May it has to do with how I isntalled my cfw? Or it might have something to do with how the N3DS works?
N3DS is fine. You have ctrbootmanager right? If so, is the boot.3dsx in your SD card for ctrbootmanager? If that's also correct, then the payload you have for the hb.cia is trying to load ctrbootmanager which isn't what it should do. Do you have smea's boot.3dsx in your SD card? If you dont, download this https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/boot.3dsx and rename it to "auto.3dsx". After that, open your payload in a text editor like Notepad++ and search for "boot.3dsx". After that replace all the instances of it with "auto.3dsx". If you have no idea what I'm talking about, PM me and I'll help.

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'd really appreciate if anyone can help? I've got an O3ds on gateway latest emunand. I installed the HB Launcher_Loader 1.1 as a cia file and tried to run it - and have ended up with a red bottom screen. Should I have put some other files on the route of my sd card? The wifi was on.

Cheers!

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'd really appreciate if anyone can help? I've got an O3ds on gateway latest emunand. I installed the HB Launcher_Loader 1.1 as a cia file and tried to run it - and have ended up with a red bottom screen. Should I have put some other files on the route of my sd card? The wifi was on.

Cheers!
Do you have boot.3dsx on the root of your SD card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.