Hacking [Release] Yellows8's Homebrew Launcher Loader for CFW users (.cia HBL Launcher!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zidapi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Smealum has just announced the release of a .cia installable launcher for the Homebrew Loader courtesy of Yellows8, for both old and new 3DSes.

https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases

Upon launching the loader will download the appropriate payload if it can't find it locally on the SD.

The announcement specifically said it is for 9.2 but I'd expect it works from 9.0-9.2, at least.

Edit: The readme makes reference to a 10.1 payload, specifically a new3DS 10.3 payload. Gentlemen start your Speculation-A-Trons!

Last edited by Zidapi,

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe I'm moving too to cfw, because gateway don't have interest in the gba support with his card.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you need a method to install cia like gateway or rxtools- then use fbi to install it. Why would you want the cia version if you already have cfw?

Reactions: weatMod

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be handy for homebrew launcher while in emunand. I'm getting: failed to download payload on 10.3 emunand though

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have menuhax/bootctr, you need to hold down the button you assigned to HBL. You can't go back to the home menu with the home button, pressing start will let you choose to reboot the console, BUT if you hold the LRBDOWN combo long enough, it will kick back to the home menu.

Last edited by Drak0rex,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Works great for me.

Also, for the ones who have CtrBootManager (or similar) as their boot.3dsx and who still want this .cia to boot the homebrew launcher without keeping a key pressed, just open the payload (I used the one it automatically downloaded) with a text editor (I used Notepad++), look for "boot.3dsx" and replace that with any string of the same length, like "bohb.3dsx". Well, actually I didn't try with a different length but I feel like it wouldn't be a good idea. Then, of course, your .3dsx file that correspond to the homebrew launcher should be named the same way, "bohb.3dsx" in my example.

Now your 3DS autoboots on boot.3dsx which is CtrBootManager, and this .cia launches bohb.3dsx (or whatever you named it) which is the homebrew launcher :)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I tried 3 times- first time it loaded but black screen after te *hax 2.5 screen with 3d light on/wireless switch working/home button not working, 2nd attempt 3d light off/wireless working/no home button, 3rd attempt same as second. Any help?
Barely works when downloading the payload from the net, but when I rename otherapp to:
hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_OLD-9-2-0-20-USA.bin
and put it on the SD, it works every time.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great for me.

Also, for the ones who have CtrBootManager (or similar) as their boot.3dsx and who still want this .cia to boot the homebrew launcher without keeping a key pressed, just open the payload (I used the one it automatically downloaded) with a text editor (I used Notepad++), look for "boot.3dsx" and replace that with any string of the same length, like "bohb.3dsx". Well, actually I didn't try with a different length but I feel like it wouldn't be a good idea. Then, of course, your .3dsx file that correspond to the homebrew launcher should be named the same way, "bohb.3dsx" in my example.

Now your 3DS autoboots on boot.3dsx which is CtrBootManager, and this .cia launches bohb.3dsx (or whatever you named it) which is the homebrew launcher :)
I tried this, but it didn't work. When I edited it, there was a bunch of encrypted garbage and two instances of "boot.3dsx" I changed them both. But every time I try to boot it, it says it's downloading the payload. (So it overwrites it each time?) Also tried with wifi off and it failed. (internet only HBL booter WTF?)

Intronaut

A star maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Works great for me.

I did this with the menuhax payload and it works :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay