punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
wait like, why is it that everyone shit talks system config tool, anything that can brick you usually doesn't apply, or can be worked around, like check its docs, and like, also

a homebrew app that was coded by some guy and not an official tool VS a app that nintendo made and tested heavily and has been in development since 2010

Last edited by punderino,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
wait like, why is it that everyone shit talks system config tool, anything that can brick you usually doesn't apply, or can be worked around, like check its docs, and like, also

a homebrew app that was coded by some guy and not an official tool VS a app that nintendo made and tested heavily and has been in development since 2010
The original wupinstaller that all these other apps are based on was originally coded by dimok, not just "some guy". For just installing apps or games, wupinstaller does the job perfectly fine. You are promoting a tool that has more tools than just installing app or games, some of which most people shouldn't mess with. Also a tool that is illegal to share publicly, and must be modified so it is safe to use on retail units. I have never said that System Config Tool is a horrible app, just that the average user should not be using it.

Edit: Now that I think about it, crediar was the one to program the very first version of it, dimok made a HBL version out of it, but still, neither he or dimok could be labeled as "some guy".

Last edited by brienj,

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this. Very nice!!!! I was wondering would it be possible to add the option to delete the folder once installed? I know not a big deal but just to stream line things lol

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
The original wupinstaller that all these other apps are based on was originally coded by dimok, not just "some guy". For just installing apps or games, wupinstaller does the job perfectly fine. You are promoting a tool that has more tools than just installing app or games, some of which most people shouldn't mess with. Also a tool that is illegal to share publicly, and must be modified so it is safe to use on retail units. I have never said that System Config Tool is a horrible app, just that the average user should not be using it.

Edit: Now that I think about it, crediar was the one to program the very first version of it, dimok made a HBL version out of it, but still, neither he or dimok could be labeled as "some guy".
I mean some guy just as, some random homebrew creator, instead of the actual creators of the entire OS and such. I'd trust it a lot more than anything else.

Reactions: iAqua and KiiWii

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Screenshot please...
Curiosity is killing the cat at work!
e1890804cfc091feb42f0322eccbdd14.jpg

brienj

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean some guy just as, some random homebrew creator, instead of the actual creators of the entire OS and such. I'd trust it a lot more than anything else.
Yeah, Nintendo are so awesome at programming things, that's why they have so few updates to the system, right? Oh wait, I'm wrong, they do have a lot, to fix all their massive bugs.

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, Nintendo are so awesome at programming things, that's why they have so few updates to the system, right? Oh wait, I'm wrong, they do have a lot, to fix all their massive bugs.
Homebrew guys are more talented then some of the official crap coming out of Nintendo. They've abandoned the system (really since fall of 2015), and now it is time for the real boys to make the system great.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Homebrew guys are more talented then some of the official crap coming out of Nintendo. They've abandoned the system (really since fall of 2015), and now it is time for the real boys to make the system great.
Something I like from the scene is how almost dudes have the Nikola Tesla phylosophy instead Edison's one, Tesla always used science for the good of humanity since Edison steals Tesla's work for bussiness. I prefer open sourced stuff because I am from Tesla's phylosophy.
#TeamTesla FTW!!!

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it came out in 2010.

Most companies don't abandon their systems before the new system is released and settled in. They were still manufacturing Xbox 360s after the Xbox One was released, and like PS3s after PS4.

Mario Maker was Nintendo's last bang for the Wii U.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Most companies don't abandon their systems before the new system is released and settled in. They were still manufacturing Xbox 360s after the Xbox One was released, and like PS3s after PS4.

Mario Maker was Nintendo's last bang for the Wii U.
uhm, i dont think you know what i was talking about? they begun working on the wii u in 2010, so system config tool has probably been around since then.

brienj

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
uhm, i dont think you know what i was talking about? they begun working on the wii u in 2010, so system config tool has probably been around since then.
Meaning it is probably full of even more bugs, since it's an early software release. The main point is that it is illegal, you can try to debate that fact all you want, but you would be wrong if you said it wasn't.

brienj

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: nooby89

Polarise

Trophies