ROM Hack [Release][WIP] Dragon Quest 8 3ED (Orchestrated, Uncensored and Undubbed)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for making a "3ED" version. But could you guys r2elease a version without the undub part? I kind of like the english dub...

Like I just answered to someone else upper people who are only interested in the japanese BGM/uncensored outfits should search and download Canzah's version, as he kept the english dub :)

We don't do another version for two reasons :

- We are not interested in the english dub.
- Canzah already did such a version, so even if we were interested by the english dub, it would be useless to do another version of something which already exist.

Last edited by davhuit,

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I fixed two new dialogs, both are during the scene when Marcello is about to put the group in jail.

The one from Yangus is now in japanese, and the one from Marcello is now muted, as the previous japanese dialog cover the two english ones.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It sems the game doesn't want to play the two voices I replaced today, or maybe it's a bug of the plugin (it still play the english versions).

I will try to repack completely the .cia to see.

Last edited by davhuit,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
It sems the game doesn't want to play the two voices I replaced today, or maybe it's a bug of the plugin (it still play the english versions).

I will try to repack completely the .cia to see.

Did you try multiple times? when I was messing with the outfits there was the odd occasion the plugin didn't seem to work and would load the default.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I copied some more english files to see if it change something (it should play the whole voices in english if it works).

If it still doesn't work, I'll completely rebuild the .cia to check (even when the plugin works, I always double check with a rebuilt .cia each time to be sure).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It doesn't seem to be a bug of the plugin, or else, it's only a bug with those two voices, because I put some more files in the plugin folder and all the voices in-game are correct except those two.

So either it's a weird bug, or else, it mean those voices might be somewhere else as a dummy (though I don't think so).

We'll know once I'll have rebuild the .cia. If the voices are still in english, I'll directly try to delete the files from the .cia. If the game doesn't crash without the files, it'll mean the game load them from another place and so that they are dummied elswhere.

Edit : Now, the second voice is working. So the problem is now only the first one. Or else, maybe I put the wrong file, I'll retry... For the second one, it was maybe because I first mute the voice #2, then I choose to mute the voice #1 because it was shorter, and then, it worked.

Last edited by davhuit,

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, for the first voice, it was an error from myself.

Seems weird to see I managed to copy the wrong file twice in a row, but well, as long as it's working now, it's fine.

Last edited by davhuit,

Fimly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I just answered to someone else upper people who are only interested in the japanese BGM/uncensored outfits should search and download Canzah's version, as he kept the english dub :)

We don't do another version for two reasons :

- We are not interested in the english dub.
- Canzah already did such a version, so even if we were interested by the english dub, it would be useless to do another version of something which already exist.
As I already said, here, it's all or nothing.
Search somewhere else, sorry.

Oops, sorry. I skimmed through the thread before I posted but must have missed it. Thank you.

Herald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's the one during the cutscene (flashback) where Dhoulmagus steal the scepter, then it's already fixed. I'll put a list of the fixed sentences and the ones which are not fixed yet but which were already reported :

Fixed (14) :
------------
- One of Yangus dialogue just before exploring the first city.
- One of Valentina dialogue in the first city.
- One of Dhoulmagus dialog during the trodain flashback cutscene.
- One dialog of Khalamari, on the ship.
- On the ship, when Yangus tell his encounter with the main character.
- Two sentences of a templar who block the way to Angelo in the abbey.
- A dialogue during the first encounter with Angelo in the abbey.
- A dialogue of Yangus before Marcello puts the group in jail.
- A dialogue of Marcello before he puts the group in jail.
- Four dialogues during Angelo's flashback (child)

Need to be fixed (10) :
--------------------------
- When you return to the moon world and speak to the elf after trodain castle exploration.
- After defeating the mole boss, one of it's minion dialog.
- One of Angelo's dialog when aquiering the ship.
- When you speak to mini (the mini medal princess) - Not sure about this one.
- When you sneak on the barman and his friend's conversation in baccara.
- When you answer the questions of Tom the npc guarding the entrance of the smilodon club.
- When you give the item to the smilodon's ghost.
- When meeting with King Clavius about the magic mirror (first meeting).
- When you speak to king Clavius the second time, after you found the prince.
- The NPC that spoke to you right after you picked up the magic mirror.

There is a "Yes sir" on the boat, but I double checked and the sentence is in english in the japanese version so it's fine.

The two dialogues of the templar are new, I just fixed them a few minutes ago after I heard them in-game.

From what Asia81 said, there are like 30-40 sentences still in english in the main quest (not counting when main characters screams or some voices battles and other things like that which will be done at the end).

Edit : Found a new one when talking to Angelo in the abbey (Dialogue: "Just follow the river along keeping the abbey in view."), but not fixed yet. I need to find it in the game files first.

Edit 2 : Found it and fixed it.

Just found another line, when you are talking to baumren at the tree of styx, the line is still in English when he say's," farewell my friend."

Vorffeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
When Jessica starts to cry after the disappearance of the voice of Alister in the next to the statue of Alexandra, the sob is in English

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When Jessica starts to cry after the disappearance of the voice of Alister in the next to the statue of Alexandra, the sob is in English

Yeah, I haven't replaced some of the cries/screams, they'll be done at the send because there are a bit harder to do (it's harder to find the right voice for such thing than for a spoken dialogue so I need to eliminate (fixed) as much voices as I can before).

Last edited by davhuit,

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Found and fixed a new english voice to fix, one of Emma's dialogs, when she asks you to help the King.

In my playthrough, I just left Yangus' town (the one where the horse is stolen), played ~15 hours and fixed 14 remaining english dialogues for now (which give an average of one english dialogue remaining per hour).

Last edited by davhuit,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually like the english voices "Cor blimey!!" so im only looking for orchestral version.... Direction please?
So do you know if the languages is based on some austrailan one or some U.K based one? I dunno, that yangas fellow is a wee bit odd don't you know? :P

Seriously though, if i had to give credit to some potential nominations for english voice acting in video game i would pick dragon quest 8 and Xenoblade chonicles... and i guess tales of symphonia. :)

Herald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some more dialogues still in English and a bug update on my part.

- When you talk to King Clavius in Argonia, He say's,"it is the tradition of our family." (something along that)
- Also, "you won't be able to marry Princess Medea until your prove your worth."
- Talking to the Seer: "that would restore's it's former power"
- BUG: game crashes when you confront Jessica in her possessed form

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some more dialogues still in English and a bug update on my part.

- When you talk to King Clavius in Argonia, He say's,"it is the tradition of our family." (something along that)
- Also, "you won't be able to marry Princess Medea until your prove your worth."
- Talking to the Seer: "that would restore's it's former power"
- BUG: game crashes when you confront Jessica in her possessed form
The crash is already fixed from a while

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16