ROM Hack [Release][WIP] Dragon Quest 8 3ED (Orchestrated, Uncensored and Undubbed)

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, so I beat the final boss, no new crash for now.
I have also found some english dialogues, but I didn't reported them because it's in the story line, as devhuit will find them too.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, I'll definitively encounter them. When there's a yes/no choice, I even choose the "no" first then reload my save and choose "yes" to check as much dialogues as I can.

How much sentences do you think you saw in english in the main story? Shouldn't be a lot from my calculations.

Last edited by davhuit,

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice.

Edit : New english voice fixed (muted), the one on the boat (the first time), when Yangus tell the story of his encounter with the main character.

Last edited by davhuit,

Herald

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another sentence in english when you return to pickham (for the venus tear) while talking to brains.

Edit: Update sentence in english

Castle Trodain: when first talking to Dhoulmagus, talking about the legendary magical scepter.

Last edited by Herald,

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Castle Trodain: when first talking to Dhoulmagus, talking about the legendary magical scepter.

If it's the one during the cutscene (flashback) where Dhoulmagus steal the scepter, then it's already fixed. I'll put a list of the fixed sentences and the ones which are not fixed yet but which were already reported :

Fixed (28) :
------------
- A dialog from Yangus just before exploring the first city.
- A dialog from Valentina in the first city.
- A dialog from Dhoulmagus dialog during the trodain flashback cutscene.
- A dialog from Khalamari, on the ship.
- On the ship, when Yangus tell his encounter with the main character.
- Two sentences of a templar who block the way to Angelo in the abbey.
- A dialogue during the first encounter with Angelo in the abbey.
- A dialog from Yangus before Marcello puts the group in jail.
- A dialog from Marcello before he puts the group in jail.
- Four dialogues during Angelo's flashback (child)
- A dialog from Emma, when she asks you to help the sad King.
- When Brains talks about the lost ship.
- When you return to the moon world and speak to the elf after trodain castle exploration.
- After defeating the mole boss, one of it's minion dialog.
- One of Angelo's dialog when aquiering the ship.
- When you sneak on the barman and his friend's conversation in Baccarat.
- During a flashback with Dhoulmagus, seen through the crystal ball of Kalderasha.
- Fixed six dialogs at Chateau Felix (both Felix and Tom's ones)
- When you give the item to the smilodon's ghost.

Reported, waiting to be fixed (3) :
------------------------------------
- When meeting with King Clavius about the magic mirror (first meeting).
- When you speak to king Clavius the second time, after you found the prince.
- The NPC that spoke to you right after you picked up the magic mirror.

There is a "Yes sir" on the boat, but I double checked and the sentence is in english in the japanese version so it's fine.

The two dialogues of the templar are new, I just fixed them a few minutes ago after I heard them in-game.

From what Asia81 said, there are like 30-40 sentences still in english in the main quest (not counting when main characters screams or some voices battles and other things like that which will be done at the end).

Edit : Found a new one when talking to Angelo in the abbey (Dialogue: "Just follow the river along keeping the abbey in view."), but not fixed yet. I need to find it in the game files first.

Edit 2 : Found it and fixed it.

Last edited by davhuit,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

Alph Steins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A few new things of this 3DS version that you should check:
- After Argonia I think, if you visit Jessica's mansion there should be a new scene with her mother.
- Once you have seen that scene, if you rest at Alexandria's inn, there is another new scene, between the Hero and Jessica (this is to unlock the new Jessica's endings).
- And after that you can visit Kalderasha (the fortune teller of the first city) to see Dhoulmagus' past.

This is part of the new content of the 3DS version, there is also a new dungeon if you visit Neos near the end of the game and another one as a reward of Dragovian Trials.

Last edited by Alph Steins,
Reactions: hiten

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks.

(By the way, the first version is available on the two majors 3DS websites which share such things. I even added a HANS Patch on that "ISO" website, for people who have and who want to use their retail cart/eshop versions).

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, that part.

Yeah, I already know about this part. I already replace like 90% of them but I left some of them which I wasn't sure yet. I plan to fix them when I'll reach this part in the game.

Most of the voices which are still in english (though it's only like 1 or 2% of the whole game voices) are from this part.

Fimly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for making a "3ED" version. But could you guys release a version without the undub part? I kind of like the english dub...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass