Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in any cases the image will be stretched and the character will look "fat"? is there something that fixes the aspect ratio?

"Force Widescreen" Tries to hack your game to render in 16:9 instead of 4:3 so things aren't fat

"WiiU Widescreen" just stretches the resulting output to fill the screen. If you have both of these options on and your characters look fat or the HUD is all screwed up, your game won't properly support widescreen and you'll want to force 4:3 when building your game with the script.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Force Widescreen" Tries to hack your game to render in 16:9 instead of 4:3 so things aren't fat

"WiiU Widescreen" just stretches the resulting output to fill the screen. If you have both of these options on and your characters look fat or the HUD is all screwed up, your game won't properly support widescreen and you'll want to force 4:3 when building your game with the script.

What if I don't choose that option while making my game.. but I enable the option in Nintendont... will it still work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Disabling Wii U Widescreen should to it I believe.
The normal Widescreen patch does make it so that certain games which have a 16:9 hack should up in a 16:9 with non-stretch 3D models.
Super Mario Sunshine is a clear example of this, Twilight Princess and Wind Waker also have one.

The only games which don't look good with this patch are REmake, RE Zero, RE 2 & 3 due to the prerendered backgrounds (they are 4:3 no matter what).
RE4 and RE Code Veronica do look amazing with 16:9 tho.

That is the "FOCER Widescreen right? or not?

Where and how do I apply those hacks? Is it like a cheat code?

Last edited by huma_dawii,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The other Widescreen (non Wii U one), is the one that enabled Widescreen for games that support it.
That's for games that support it in the settings? Like Eternal Darkness, R:Racing Evo., Soul Calibur 2?

Is there any way to to disable "force 4:3" if you inject it with that option?

DarkerSuperTails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey is it possible to play Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with a gamecube controller? Because the game pad has issues, i think you already know that part. So i was gonna ask if your gonna make a fix for this.

Btw the game does not fit the screen very well. not sure why but thats another problem that isn't so major.

Last edited by DarkerSuperTails,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What if I don't choose that option while making my game.. but I enable the option in Nintendont... will it still work?

That's for games that support it in the settings? Like Eternal Darkness, R:Racing Evo., Soul Calibur 2?

Is there any way to to disable "force 4:3" if you inject it with that option?
The Force Widescreen is for all games in general.
It basically stretches the image but renders all 3D models/objects normally.
There are some games in particular which have special cheat codes which enable 16:9 that doesn't stretch objects like HUD imags or so.

For those games (like Twilight Princess) the cheat codes are ALREADY hard coded into NIntendont itself.
Several users (including myself) provided all the cheat codes for 16:9 games that we could find and lend them to FIX94 so that he could implement those natively into Nintendont without the need of cheat codes, simply by enabling Force Widescreen

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey is it possible to play Budokai Tenkaichi 3 with a gamecube controller? Because the game pad has issues, i think you already know that part. So i was gonna ask if your gonna make a fix for this.

Btw the game does not fit the screen very well. not sure why but thats another problem that isn't so major.
That's a Wii game, so no.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You seem confused so let me give you a few examples:
  • F-Zero GX supports Widescreen natively in its options. For this game, you would leave "Force Widescreen" off and turn on "WiiU Widescreen" so that the video output is stretched to fill the screen. Then you would just make sure to turn on Widescreen in the game options.
  • Super Mario Sunshine doesn't natively support widescreen, but can be forced to work in Widescreen. For this game you would turn on "Force Widescreen" to render the game in widescreen, and use "WiiU Widescreen" to fill the screen. If you turned on "Force Widescreen" but left "WiiU Widescreen" off, your widescreen game would be squished to 4:3 and Mario would be ABSURDLY skinny.
  • The Shrek 2 game doesn't natively support widescreen, and the "Force Widescreen" option does nothing for this game. In this case you would want to turn off "Force Widescreen" since it doesn't do anything, and then turn off "WiiU Widescreen" so that the game isn't stretched.
When you're building the game title, the normal forwarder just goes by whatever is in your config file. The 4:3 forwarder forces "Force Widescreen" & "WiiU Widescreen" to be off no matter what your config file uses.

Direct any more questions about widescreen configuration to the Nintendont thread where they are better equipped to answer your questions.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Force Widescreen is for all games in general.
It basically stretches the image but renders all 3D models/objects normally.
There are some games in particular which have special cheat codes which enable 16:9 that doesn't stretch objects like HUD imags or so.

For those games (like Twilight Princess) the cheat codes are ALREADY hard coded into NIntendont itself.
Several users (including myself) provided all the cheat codes for 16:9 games that we could find and lend them to FIX94 so that he could implement those natively into Nintendont without the need of cheat codes, simply by enabling Force Widescreen

Well forced widescreen seems to make my game skinnier, but it still 4:3 lol and Wii U Widescreen just makes my character fat, and the both of them gives me black screen in Super Mario Sunshine

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Budokai Tenkaichi 3 doesn't support widescreen, and is just stretched to fill the screen. If you set your TV to fullscreen mode it should look better.

I don't have the ability to fix the GamePad issues with Budokai, that will need to be fixed by the people working on the actual NFS2ISO2NFS patcher here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-on-wii-u-virtual-console-injecting-games.483007/

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well forced widescreen seems to make my game skinnier, but it still 4:3 lol and Wii U Widescreen just makes my character fat, and the both of them gives me black screen in Super Mario Sunshine
Both of them should work as intended if you have a Wii U, which is how I have it, both settings Forced and Wii U Widescreen enabled for almost all games except the Resis.

Reactions: wicksand420

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So using the both of them should work right..... I will try.
Yes, you want to use both of those options for Sunshine. Make sure you're using a clean dump and that your nintendont build is up to date.

You may consider trying another SD card or USB drive at some point, I see you posting here a lot with random stability issues that no one else is having.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you want to use both of those options for Sunshine. Make sure you're using a clean dump and that your nintendont build is up to date.

You may consider trying another SD card or USB drive at some point, I see you posting here a lot with random stability issues that no one else is having.

Well I'm using real Nintendont, nothing related to the Script to be honest lol

It is a clean ISO. 1:1 because the letters are black.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

DarkerSuperTails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL if you're just running Nintendont from the homebrew channel then I'd be asking your questions in the nintendont thread.
I know, I know... I will stop now xD

@ShadowOne333 you were right, the both of them gives me a nice widescreen with real weight in SMS, thanks to both of you.

Last edited by huma_dawii,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country