[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by KhaderWelaye, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Xyphoseos

Xyphoseos Hack or no games

Jun 29, 2016
    France
    Rivière
    I try again

Dekirai likes this.

2. Dekirai

Dekirai GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 21, 2016
    Germany
    Good luck!

Xyphoseos likes this.
  3. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    DarthDub, zeldaism, LaPingas and 2 others like this.
  4. wicksand420

wicksand420 GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    Has anybody tried to get the high rez version of windwaker to work with this, i saw someone was trying to get windwaker working on here, and i was like, WTF? why, there is a version on wiiu. but i thought about it and remembered, the tingle tuner, they got rid of that on the wii u version, and that sucked the big one, so bringing it back would kick ass, did anybody use that stupid miiverse bottle thing anyway, if they did and thought it was cool, they should try the game with the tingle tuner

5. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    @KhaderWelaye I've been messing with meta.xml files and found that "long_name" and "short_name" are pretty useful to get official looking injects.

First, 20 characters seems to be the sweet spot for short_name, short name is displayed in system management saves, home screen, and quick start menu.
    Second, long_name accept more characters, the most I've tried are 42 characters, in this case to avoid cut-off names you can break the line, like this:

Code:
      <longname_en type="string" length="512">ZACK &amp; WIKI: QUEST
    FOR BARBAROS&apos; TREASURE</longname_en>
    Notice that there is 2 spaces in the first line, and no spaces in the second one, also it uses xml standart for some characters "&" = "&amp;" , "'" = "&apos;"

Probably nobody cares LMAO

Dekirai, zeldaism and wicksand420 like this.
  6. Lord Toon

Lord Toon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 13, 2007
    United States
    Homestead, Fl
    Is there a way to inject Smash Bros. Legacy TE? I have no idea where to start...//

7. gcpro

gcpro Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2012
    Portugal
    Hey guys, what a great news!
    Thank your for all efforts on Wiiu scene.

So, if i understood corretly, if a inject a gcm on vc and install with wupinstaller, i do not need tto have the iso on SD? This will install o WiiU HDD?

8. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    you still need the sd for nintendont and the config

9. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    With the added Gamepad support, can GC games also now be played solely on Gamepad? OP mentions Wii can but makes no mention of GC.

10. Dekirai

Dekirai GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 21, 2016
    Germany
    Yes

11. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    TY

Dekirai likes this.
  12. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    @cucholix, with the gamecube adapter, what happens if you select not to use the gamepad for controller emulation, and select to use the tv and wii u gamepad for the display and remove a battery from the wiimote?

13. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2014
    France
    This whole thread proves just how lazy Nintendo was, when the fans were asking to support Wii VC titles using the WiiU gamepad. Community does what Nintendont.

Dark Ronin, swabbo, DarthDub and 4 others like this.
  14. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    The weird part is that the devs obviously planned for more as can be seen that a simple patch is enough to allow wiimotes and that there are at least 590 commits to the source of the wii vc firmware, so at least somebody cared.

OrGoN3, zeldaism, DarthDub and 5 others like this.
  15. Chuardo

Chuardo GBAtemp Fan

Oct 4, 2015
    Uruguay
    But in that case, a ton of people wouldn't buy more Wiimotes in the future and just use the Gamepad! Think about that!

16. cucholix

cucholix No-Intro

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    I think that I don't understand your question, why could affect the Wiimote if I'm using the GCN adapter, you mean multiplayer?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The exit problem seems to persist but only on GCN adapter L+R+Z combo hangs the Wii U, it doesn't happen with the Gamepad HOME button.

17. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Florida
    Some of my Wii Motes wont work with homebrew apps... like Wii Xplorer... why is that?

18. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    I guess if it still happens in 462 then nothing was fixed with moving that codeblock up and it was all an illusion, oh well.

19. wicksand420

Nov 13, 2016
    United States
    I think it is me that must have misunderstood you, i thought you couldn't get it to work in tandem with the display on gamepad, did you mean the controls for gamepad don't work in tandem with the adapter?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Wii motion plus isn't supported, wait, i know what you mean, i bought a black wii with out gamecube built in and the controller that came with it didn't work on any of my homebrews

Last edited by wicksand420, Sep 22, 2017
  20. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Florida
    There is gotta be something wrong on his end... let me try v5.462 AND I will let you know.

EDIT:

Don't say nothing its fixed, you fixed the EXIT with Home Button (The most important thing) on EVERY SINGLE way to play games... including Real Wii.

Last edited by huma_dawii, Sep 22, 2017
    cucholix likes this.