[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeconMoon, Sep 9, 2017.

1. xs4all

xs4all Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    What's your console region and what region is the silent hill game your injecting?

When possible try to inject your region games, some USA version games will work on EUR/PAL consoles if it has the correct video modes, same goes for EUR/PAL games working on USA console.
    If it black screens on you, then it's most likely the video mode is not supported, you can try using the Patch Video mode in the advance options of the script to see if it works. NTSC to PAL has a higher success rate, PAL to NTSC, not so good.
    If you are using the same region game, then it could be a bad dump of the ISO/WBFS file you have, try downloading the scene release.

I injected the EUR/PAL version of this game and works fine on my EUR/PAL console.

froggydarren likes this.
  2. froggydarren

froggydarren GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2015
    yes i noticed the region of the iso is very important but alas i did finally get it working by ticking the dont trim the iso box in the settings before i started the conversion :) the region of the iso should always be the same as the console!!!

3. xs4all

xs4all Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    Great you got it sorted out, interesting that you needed the dont trim option for this game to work, as with my inject, it was trimmed. There you go, when in doubt, don't trim :)

froggydarren likes this.
  4. stranno

stranno Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2013
    Is there any way to obtain fullscreen stretched image using Wii VC (not GC) injection in order to remove the back bars? I mean, on WiiU side, i know TVs have the option to cut the screen.

5. Maximo22

Maximo22 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2016
    Mexico
    I tried installing a few GC games. For some reason, sometimes they work and sometimes the only thing I get is a black screen. However, Super Mario Sunshine never works. With it, sometimes I get a black screen and sometimes it'll just make my console shut down. Does anybody know why does this happen?

Last edited by Maximo22, Dec 6, 2017
  6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    maybe corrupted save file was created, just delete the memory card with sunshine id on the saves folder.

xs4all and Maximo22 like this.
  7. Maximo22

Maximo22 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2016
    Mexico
    Wow, you were right, I found a 0 KB Super Mario Sunshine save file in the saves folder. I deleted it, Nintendont created a new one and now it works. I never would've guessed that, thanks!

8. froggydarren

Apr 2, 2015
    this is what happens when i load nintendont via a forwarder i made using the wii u VC injecter its the latest build it works fine loading via USB loader GX and homebrew channal so just wondering if anyone has any ideas what the problem my be? if i select a game they work fine so its just nintendont's front end :(

Attached Files:

9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    from what i heard is becuase of 720p make sure your wiiu is set to 1080p and 480p not 720p

froggydarren likes this.
  10. froggydarren

Apr 2, 2015
    tried 720p,1080p and both are the same :( if i load usb loader then select nintendont its perfect yet via the gamepad forwarder it loads then flashs then displays a messed up title screen.....i have had it working twice but i would say it happens 8 times out of 10 trys :(

11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    maybe you got some corrupt files somewhere try deleting ninconfig and controllers ini.

12. froggydarren

Apr 2, 2015
    already tried the nincfg.bin bit deleted it and let nintendont create a new one nut didnt delete the controller ini file so will try that now :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

EDIT!!! fixed it!!! was a problem with the meta file thanks again for the help!!!

Last edited by froggydarren, Dec 6, 2017
  13. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    when wierd stuff happens its always a corrup file be it save file or meta or config, glad you found your issue.

froggydarren likes this.
  14. whatsmypurpose

whatsmypurpose Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2017
    Canada
    How do you use the sd card management menu? I'm trying to get cheats onto the iso im injecting

15. wolf_

wolf_ GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2012
    United States
    What are you injecting Wii or gc if it's GC the gct file goes into the codes folder on the ad card for nintendont if it's Wii the only was is to inject the gct into the main.dol and it may or may not work

16. targren

targren Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2017
    United States
    Just a followup... I can manually copy the contents of ./TOOLDIR/JAR into C:\ProgramData\JNUSToolDownloads and then the process seems to run smoothly (haven't tested the results yet, it's 0330h here.) so it looks like the problem is in the file copy, even when running as Administrator.

17. niknice72

niknice72 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Has anybody managed to figure out how to get the controls for Contra Rebirth working? I’ve tried all control methods when making the forwarder and even disabled controls ingame. They seem to work at first but inevitability fail once the level starts.

18. MikaTh

MikaTh Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2017
    Brazil
    did you tried to press home and then home again? this helped me with sonic colors

19. BQuail

BQuail Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2017
    United States
    Having two issues with retail Wii injects.

1. When I choose Gamepad to classic controller emulation, the left joystick on the Wii U Gamepad doesn't work properly. I'm not sure how to explain it other than it keeps randomly shifting up. It does this on multiple games so I know it's not an issue with the ISO I'm using....I can provide a video if it would be helpful.

2. When I launch the game and choose to use the gamepad, I'm not able to add other Wii remotes in the game for P2,P3,P4. (Like you would do with Smash Brawl for example). Works fine if I choose to not use the gamepad at launch. Is this supposed to even work?

Last edited by BQuail, Dec 8, 2017 at 10:51 PM
  20. wolf_

wolf_ GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2012
    United States
    When using gamepad only that works no other controllers