[RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by TeconMoon, Sep 9, 2017.

1. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    becuase mario kart wii is an official game with official librariesand controllers while homebrew has custom made libraries to read controllers totaly diferent ways to read the button inputs seriously how hard is that to understand?

Last edited by pedro702, Nov 26, 2017
    Marko76 likes this.
  2. randy7707

randy7707 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 4, 2016
    Bulgaria
    :)

Last edited by randy7707, Nov 30, 2017
  3. cucholix

cucholix Banners guy

Jan 17, 2017
    Chile
    It's a known fact, fix94 will tell you the same thing.

DarthDub likes this.
  4. BQuail

BQuail Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2017
    United States

If I understand it correctly...gamepad emulation works on Wii games and Vwii virtual console games because the injection script is able to manipulate the controls of the native vWii. Gamecube games work because NINTENDONT was updated to support it. But as someone else stated in this thread, Wii homebrew (such as fceugx) use completely different libraries for the controls that are specific to that application, and the injection script isn’t designed to emulate those. So the homebrew application has to be able to naively support the gamepad.

Last edited by BQuail, Nov 28, 2017
    randy7707 likes this.
  5. CrashOveride

CrashOveride Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2017
    United States
    The injector won't work at all for any retail game i use on it. the isos were tested beforehand. sometimes it says
    "nfs2iso2nfs has stopped working" in the middle. Can someone help?

6. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    seriously its very easy to understand, i still dont know how you can really belive it.

to make ir even more simple think like this wii games use an sdk to be built a devkit wich has all functions and librarie acess and so on, on homebrew, the homebrew devs made their own libraries for controllers graphics and everything, the wii vc patches the official functions and libraries but dont patch the made up ones becuase they have no idea they even exist, we made them up to be more simplified to write homebrew for it.

i cant make it more simple really.

Marko76 likes this.
  7. BQuail

BQuail Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2017
    United States
    As an alternative you could try Retroarch. It has gamepad support and runs NES/SNES/GB games.

Last edited by BQuail, Nov 26, 2017
  8. tivu100

tivu100 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 6, 2015
    United States
    If I enable the Cafe2Wii patch option, do I have to run sign_c2w_patcher in homebrew launcher or CBHC autoboot would have take care of things?

Another question is would sign_c2w_patcher mess up with legit VC Wii game?

Last edited by tivu100, Nov 27, 2017
  9. Vanya

Vanya Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2013
    United States
    I didn't find the answer to this by searching the thread and I honestly don't have the time to read through all 200+ pages, so I apologize if this has been answered already.
    Can the GamePad controls be remapped for a GameCube inject?
    If so, can they be remapped on a per game basis?
    Is remapping done as part of the injection or do I have to do it through Nintendont?

10. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    You can't remap the buttons as nintendont has not been programed to do this. All you can do is start your game then press the minus button and that swaps a with b and x with y that is the only changes you can do.

11. Vanya

Vanya Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2013
    United States
    Ah. OK.
    That would be a good feature to have.
    I was playing Four Swords Adventure and I fount it very difficult to hit the diagonals with the analogue stick.
    I would have preferred that the directions had been mapped to the cross key in this case since this game does not support analogue movement.
    I'm also wondering if Defender will even be playable since it requires analogue triggers to work properly?

Edit: What about hacking the injected game itself?

Last edited by Vanya, Nov 27, 2017
  12. Allav866

Allav866 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2012
    I'm having some trouble injecting Link's Crossbow Training. Every time I run it through the injector (tried the script and exe), the packed directory comes out to 210MB. I'm pretty sure a game that's over 4GB can't fit into 210MB, no matter what compression method you're using. What am I doing wrong here?

13. CrashOveride

CrashOveride Member

Newcomer
    May 29, 2017
    United States
    I'm having the same problem, would like to know whats wrong.

14. Fgamer

Fgamer Member

Newcomer
    May 26, 2012
    It's not compression, the injector trims ISOs by default i.e. only game data is converted into installable files and not the garbage data used to 'fill out' the disc. The game data for Link's Crossbow Training does in fact come to around 200MB

Allav866 likes this.
  15. Allav866

Allav866 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2012
    Wow... that's freaking weird, but okay. :)

16. wolf-snake
    This message by wolf-snake has been removed from public view by Issac, Nov 28, 2017, Reason: Cleaning up bickering..
    Nov 28, 2017
  17. randy7707
    This message by randy7707 has been removed from public view by Issac, Nov 28, 2017, Reason: Cleaning up bickering..
    Nov 28, 2017
  18. wolf-snake
    This message by wolf-snake has been removed from public view by Issac, Nov 28, 2017, Reason: Cleaning up bickering..
    Nov 28, 2017
  19. randy7707
    This message by randy7707 has been removed from public view by Issac, Nov 28, 2017, Reason: Cleaning up bickering..
    Nov 28, 2017
  20. Columbo2811
    This message by Columbo2811 has been removed from public view by Issac, Nov 28, 2017, Reason: Cleaning up bickering..
    Nov 28, 2017
  21. randy7707
    Nov 28, 2017
  22. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i was the main tester for nintendont and i was the tester from preety much everything fix94 did from haxchi to cbhc to nnu patcher and such, i might not code but know alot of stuff thanks to testing most of fix94 ideas and project, just so you get the idea i probably tested over 200 code changes to get nintendont working on wiivc inject lol but i guess that is nothing for you.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

afaik redand is not friendly with wii vc stuff unless that was updated? why are you still using mocha and rednand btw? its so much extra time to boot for very very few useless extras, haxchi cfw itself is more than fine.

DarthDub likes this.
  23. randy7707

Newcomer
    May 4, 2016
    Bulgaria
    Ok Pedro, I appreciate anyone and everyone who contributes to this scene. People like yourself are important to this hobby and thanks for your contribution. I have nothing but respect for FIX94 so thanks for helping him and us out. I haven't seen much of your name and I'm not aware of anything you have done like that so forgive my ignorance, I just didn't appreciate the response I got to the question I was asking but maybe you didn't mean to come across rude. Sometimes texting can have that affect inadvertently. I was only asking the question because multiple other members here have PM'd me asking if I had found any info on the subject, so I was trying to be helpful and not selfish about it. Sorry again sir, have a nice night(day?)

Last edited by Issac, Nov 28, 2017 - Reason: I just fixed the quote, it was broken
  24. randy7707

Newcomer
    May 4, 2016
    Bulgaria
    Thanks Isaac :)

25. mike087

mike087 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2017
    Ecuador
    Hello, thanks for this amazing tool!. Im having a problem with the game wii play motion, it install normally but when i try to launch the game i get a error 160-4792, please help me

26. Smileybob

Smileybob Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I have been trying to inject ScummVM into the homebrew script but it keeps failing with:
    "System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\MAIN\AppData\Local\Temp\WiiVCInjector\SOURCETEMP\TIKTEMP\tmd.bin'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)"

Any ideas why?
    it would be amazing to have ScummVM working from the Wii U home screen ;)