Hacking [RELEASE] WiiVC Injector Script (GC/Wii/Homebrew Support)

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yooooooo neat
Does it automatically change the Title ID? How do I change the Title ID to make this work and if it's manually how can I make up one?

Currently a random 4-digit number is generated at the beginning of the script, that is used for the Title ID/Group ID in the app.xml and meta.xml files so you don't have to do that manually. Random numbers included are between 0000-9999, so doubtful you'll generate two games that match. For example, any generated game will end up as: 0005000010XXXX00, XXXX being the random generated numbers.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't need to have dumped a Wii VC game to use as a base in order to do this, right? We can just use any game we dumped, excluding ones for the Wii VC to use to inject?

You don't even have to do that, the script will download the necessary base for you. All you need to provide is a Wii ISO and some banner assets. The resulting WUP package is installable alongside any existing Wii VC games you have on your system.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't even have to do that, the script will download the necessary base for you. All you need to provide is a Wii ISO and some banner assets. The resulting WUP package is installable alongside any existing Wii VC games you have on your system.

But I currently don't have any Wii VC games, that's the thing. Am I now going to have to spend 20 dollars to use the injection method? I'm trying to find out if I do or don't need a Wii VC game installed prior to doing this, and so far, the OP doesn't specify either way.

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I currently don't have any Wii VC games, that's the thing. Am I now going to have to spend 20 dollars to use the injection method?

Nope you won't, just install the resulting package with WUP Installer GX2. (you'll need a custom firmware with signature packaging to be able to actually run the game)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope you won't, just install the resulting package with WUP Installer GX2. (you'll need a custom firmware with signature packaging to be able to actually run the game)

Yup, I have Haxchi + CFW, so I should be good once I have it up and running. Now to find the clean dumps on my HDD.

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
This is really great! It was fun injecting them the hard way for a while, but this is definitely desired

+1 to reading TGAs, since there's already been a fair amount created for this purpose :)
Possibly there are image compression too when converting from png, I think it's better edit an uncompressed image and write to .tga directly.

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Currently a random 4-digit number is generated at the beginning of the script, that is used for the Title ID/Group ID in the app.xml and meta.xml files so you don't have to do that manually. Random numbers included are between 0000-9999, so doubtful you'll generate two games that match. For example, any generated game will end up as: 0005000010XXXX00, XXXX being the random generated numbers.
There's currently a couple of ds games that could potentially be generated as the same title id with this I think. I know it's a 1 in 10000 chance but it could brick a cbhc console unless Im wrong.
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/blob/master/installer/src/gameList.h#L14-L102

TeconMoon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's currently a couple of ds games that could potentially be generated as the same title id with this I think. I know it's a 1 in 10000 chance but it could brick a cbhc console unless Im wrong.
https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/blob/master/installer/src/gameList.h#L14-L102

You are absolutely correct, I will solve this in the next version by changing the format from 0005000010XXXX00 to 0005000010XXXXFF, that way there's a 0% change it will overlap with an existing title.

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this can the wii u pro controller be used instead of the gamepad or no? You know to emulate the classic controller..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse