Official [RELEASE]WII U USB Helper Transfer Tool (FTP+WUP all in one)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Hikari06, Dec 21, 2016.

1. SapphireFurr

SapphireFurr Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2017
    United States
    I am having a problem with wii u usb helper when i try and launch a game through the emulation cemu player it gives me a error and then crashes and i dont know how to fix it

2. Kat.ph.to.so.sx/login

Kat.ph.to.so.sx/login Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
  3. Kat.ph.to.so.sx/login

Kat.ph.to.so.sx/login Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    United States
  4. mostafa

mostafa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2017
    Iran
    hi

i have 2 questions

1 . how to inject save file by Wiiu_USB_Helper & Wiiu_USB_helper_transfer_tools
    i can get backUP from my save games but i dont inject save files that downloaded from this link
    if i want inject save file first must delete current save file and then inject downloaded save file ?
    how to use the save files that downloaded from this link ?

2 . can i inject usa_save_file to a usa_game that install on EUR console ?
    if i do above action may be my console will be breaked ?

thanks

upload_2017-9-18_3-44-0.png upload_2017-9-18_3-46-32.png

Last edited by mostafa, Sep 19, 2017
  5. Wii_U_Newb

Wii_U_Newb Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2017
    United States
    nvmd

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Last edited by Wii_U_Newb, Oct 2, 2017
  6. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2013
    United States
    How do I start IOSUHAX to get the speed boost? I followed the instructions at wiiu.guide to hack my Wii U but skipped the part about installing CBHC because I didn't like all the brick warnings. So what I do is I start up my Wii U, click on Haxchi, load up Homebrew Launcher, and choose Wii USB Helper Transfer tool. But I noticed that it said it wasn't using the IOSUHAX speed boost. Does regular Haxchi not have the IOSUHAX in it? I can also launch Mocha CFW from the Homebrew Launcher and thought maybe I had to run it for the IOSUHAX. But after loading up Mocha my Wii U told me that it was ready to install an update. I didn't want to accept the update since I'm still on 5.5.1 so I just powered down my Wii U. I'm fairly new to the Wii U hacking scene and any tips or advice would be very helpful. Thank you.

7. Nomelas

Nomelas GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2015
    Canada
    @Hikari06 the retroarch forwarder doesn't seem to work. it reboots back to the wii u menu. I have the latest stable version of retroarch. (standalone, with files in sd:wiiu/retroarch and sd:/retroarch) it loads fine through the HBL

8. Hikari06
    OP

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Yes you need to run Mocha to have the IOSUHAX speedboost.
    If your Wii U asks you to update that means you do not have blocked updates, which you should do asap :
    https://github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki/1:-Blocking-Updates-From-Nintendo
    Thanks for the input. Unfortunately I don't seem to be able to reproduce the issue on my end. The forwarder is exactly the same as this one https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wiiu-wip.447670/ so I'm not sure what's going on.

Clutz450 likes this.
  9. Clutz450

Clutz450 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 20, 2013
    United States
    Thanks for the tip. I was a bit confused about the update because I knew I had set the DNS settings. But then I remembered that I switched Internet providers and has to set up my Internet again and forgot to redo the DNS settings. So that's all fixed now.

10. Wii_U_Newb

Wii_U_Newb Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2017
    United States

The entire Wii USB Helper tool is great. Is there a way to get more than 1MB/s (even with IOSUHAX speedboost) using the Transfer tool??

My U is right next to the router and running a speed test from the U browser shows a transfer rate of around 20 MB/s so I know it's not a problem with wifi strength. The PC I transfer from is connected to the same router via Gigabit Ethernet and has no problem transferring at full Gigabit speeds to all Gigabit devices on the LAN. Of corse I am not expecting to get that to the U I doubt it can write to the SD card at 1/3 that speed but maybe 20 MB/s would be nice. The same limitation seems to exist with ftpiiu (all versions).

Thanks

11. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    How do these two apps find each other? I try but they won't, and I can't enter IP manually...

so I have to use filezilla lol

12. Wii_U_Newb

Wii_U_Newb Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2017
    United States

As long as the Wii U is on the same subnet it seems to find it without any problems.

13. Hikari06
    OP

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Usually if the app cannot find your wii u it's because it's blocked by your firewall.
    Make sure to add an exception for Wii_U_USB_Helper.exe

14. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    that was it thanks. can you not make it trigger the dialogue from windows firewall asking if it should be allowed through like a tons of games and apps do? even my own dirty java projects trigger it.

15. Van28

Van28 Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Italy
    Naples
    Is there any way to do the sd preparation manually?
    i have my sd connected to an hub so i can't select it

16. black_zac

black_zac Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2017
    United States
    hey i have a couple questions... I dont have iosuhax or mocha will this still work for me? (i have haxchi). And how do I make it transfer from my computer to the sd on my wii u through the application?

17. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Yes it will work.
    Copy the game folder, and isntall it on the wiiu using WUp Installer G2X.

18. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    can i use fat32 hdd instead of sd. like on loadiine gx2 with cfw

19. ReimuMikoHakurei

ReimuMikoHakurei Newbie

Newcomer
    May 1, 2014
    United States
    Redding, California
    Is there any plans on letting the PC tool directly connect with the wii u app? They can't seem to find eachother and I still have to open up the FTP client on my pc to transfer

20. charleskimble

charleskimble Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2006
    Canada
    Any update on the possibility of deleting the image after install, for batch installations? Is this still a feature you're considering?