Homebrew Official [RELEASE]WII U USB Helper Transfer Tool (FTP+WUP all in one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this software, it works great!

I have a question about batch installing over the network. If you install 3 games does it transfer, install, and delete them one at a time? I was wondering if I can batch send a lot of games overnight (more than the SD could hold at once) and if it'll install each individually or if it will try to send all at once and fill up the card. I'd test this myself but it'd take many many hours just to see an error message.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about batch installing over the network. If you install 3 games does it transfer, install, and delete them one at a time? I was wondering if I can batch send a lot of games overnight (more than the SD could hold at once) and if it'll install each individually or if it will try to send all at once and fill up the card. I'd test this myself but it'd take many many hours just to see an error message.
Currently, it sends one, installs it, sends the next, installs that. It doesn't delete them off the SD at all.

It seems like it would be easy enough to add the delete on success as an option in the ftp INST command. Maybe Hikari06 will consider it for future development.

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That'd be a great option. What is the easiest way for me to then remove items from the SD? Remove it and plug it into the PC again? Sorry very new to the scene. There may be a good file browser for Wii U (Or I need to setup a proper FTP setup to delete).

Zaphod77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have the usb helper running, simply click the manage games button in the PC app and it opens a ftp window where you can delete stuff from the card.

skyfantasy39

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Does this tool work with different CFW's? (like HaxChi,Mocha CFW,CBHC,redNAND CFW?)

or it only works with Mocha? (Sorry for the question, just checking because i want to use CBHC...)

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this tool work with different CFW's? (like HaxChi,Mocha CFW,CBHC,redNAND CFW?)
Yes, it works. Since it's only using the SD card, the transfer tool itself doesn't even need CFW, but what you're installing might. It can transfer a bit more efficiently under Mocha, but it's still only in the 1MB/sec range.

gearheart89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm having a weird issue. I have the helper transfer tool up & running on my wii u and am able to FTP files on & off of the SD card. However the Wii U USB Helper desktop application is unable to see the helper stating "No Wii U found. please launch Wii U USB Helper Transfer Tool". I'm not sure what's going on here as it used to work just fine, but stopped working at some point. I realize it's faster for large games to pop out the SD and walk the files back & forth but for the ~21 MB ish updates it's really convenient to use the transfer tool.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However the Wii U USB Helper desktop application is unable to see the helper stating "No Wii U found. please launch Wii U USB Helper Transfer Tool".
...the program listens for a UDP broadcast on port 14521, so you have to allow that on your firewall, and you have to be sure you're running an up to date version of the transfer app on your WiiU.

MemesDank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icon.png

Hello :)

I recently added a feature to upload your games from WII U USB Helper to your Wii U via FTP. FTPIIU usually does a decent job but I felt like it was kinda slow to have to switch between ftppiu and wup installer all the time. So why not merge the two? This is exactly what this tool is about !

What does it do?

This is a WUP Installer with a ftp server integrated ! It allows you to transfer games from WIIU U USB Helper to your Wiiu's sd card and install them right away without having to close wup installer (Just press Y one the upload is complete to refresh the list.

What is different?

This little tool is of course heavily based on WUP Installer mod Y and ftpiiu everywhere. That said, apart from merging them I have made some little adjustments including :
  • Little hack in ftpiiu everywhere (with iosuhax) to increase the upload speed (up to 2x faster in some conditions, MOCHA is required)
  • The ftp server will only mount your sd card so you're assured not to brick your console, even in iosuhax mode.
Credits

Please thank the people who originally worked on these tools, @crediar,@dimok,@Yardape8000 ,@FIX94, joedj

Source code

The comply with the GPLv3 licence here is the source code of the app :
https://github.com/Kazegaya/usb_transfer_tool/

Where does the res folder go?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
How fast/slow is this supposed to be w/o mocha? Because I'm only getting 50-100kbps when sending a game to my Wii U. It'd be far faster to take out the SD card to transfer the file over manually :/

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How fast/slow is this supposed to be w/o mocha? Because I'm only getting 50-100kbps when sending a game to my Wii U. It'd be far faster to take out the SD card to transfer the file over manually :/
Average 560KB/sec Haxchi, 1150KB/sec Mocha. Wired PC to Wireless Wii U. (Ducktales update, Transfer Tool v0.6, Wii U USB Helper v0.6.1.208 on Windows 10 v1607 x64)

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't get that i get 260mbps. update your download speeds.
Condescension 1, Comprehension 0. Your internet speed doesn't help you in this case. We're talking about the speed between Wii U USB Helper (on the PC) and Wii U USB Helper Transfer Tool (on the Wii U), not between the NUS servers and Wii U USB Helper.

Kat.ph.to.so.sx/login

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Condescension 1, Comprehension 0. Your internet speed doesn't help you in this case. We're talking about the speed between Wii U USB Helper (on the PC) and Wii U USB Helper Transfer Tool (on the Wii U), not between the NUS servers and Wii U USB Helper.
I apologizes for my Ignorance.

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I launch the ftp, and go to storage_usb, it says <snip>
[L] 550 Success <snip> I can't connect to my HDD ?
storage_usb works under IOSUHAX/Mocha, not Haxchi (or browser hack/HBL.) Keep in mind that the utility is specifically a companion for the PC app, which currently wouldn't be reading and writing to locations other then the SD. If I had to guess, storage_usb got mounted to make it easier for Hikari06 to test the install-after-transfer feature.

If you want to get at the USB drive without running Mocha, you can use fix94's version of ftpiiu_everywhere under Haxchi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2