Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a problem. I have download DLC 2 for BotW but whenever I try and launch it, it says I need to perform a system update in order to play it. I am currently on Version 5.5.1. Is there a way around this? Edit: Nevermind
Wait, how did you figure it out? Might be helpful for others.

Exnor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
About Zelda BotW... after installing the game plus initial DLC file months ago on a USB flash i've always been able to update (game and DLC) via the "normal" update method like any actually purchased game (running CFW of course).
Even yesterday i booted my Wii-U, started my cfw and after it i was launching the game it started to update the DLC. I let it finish (DL + install) and there it was, fully updated and running like i've had bought it (that i did not of course).

Any one else does this or noticed this?

rogerramjet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of updates. Is there a feature in Wii U USB Helper just to "check for updates" like a Windows machine would. The only way I've discovered how to check and see if a software update is available is to click on each individual title, choose "download update" and see if the latest version/highest number is in red. That seems to indicate I don't have it. It'd be really amazing if Wii U USB Helper could notify me when there's a new update to install for games I've downloaded.

I do love when I launch the application it tells me what games have recently been added, so it'd be great if there was a subsection just for new DLC or new updates. Is that reasonable? Is it already there?

Mine pops up with the available updates once I connect WiiU USB Helper to WiiU Helper Transfer Tool

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
i have downloaded many games without problem (wii u and 3ds). I have been trying to download MH:U4, Hyrule Warriors (3ds) and smash bros (3ds) and I keep getting the TMD not found error.

I cant seem to download this 3 games

bigballs1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
first off, many thanks for this awesome app. i'm not complaining, just offering my opinion. i may have missed things, if so, feel free to correct me.
the folder structure is difficult to work with as it is not customizable. when im looking through the downloaded files im never sure what is what and new folders seem to appear e.g 'data/eur/GAMES'.
its just a mess and i cant move things because then usb helper thinks i havent downloaded it etc etc.
also if you click 'set download destination' it opens 'this pc>documents' which offers no hint as to where your old downloads are. And if you close the window without altering anything, it still trys to locate all your files again taking an age.
it would be great to be able to right click a downloaded game and have an option to view files in explorer. i had to r click a downloaded game and 'manage emulation data' to see where i had downloaded it to.
another thing that would be nice; in the filters tab, an option to select the whole of the wii u category or the whole of the 3ds category etc, instead of having to tick each box individually.

Last edited by bigballs1981,

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
About Zelda BotW... after installing the game plus initial DLC file months ago on a USB flash i've always been able to update (game and DLC) via the "normal" update method like any actually purchased game (running CFW of course).
Even yesterday i booted my Wii-U, started my cfw and after it i was launching the game it started to update the DLC. I let it finish (DL + install) and there it was, fully updated and running like i've had bought it (that i did not of course).

Any one else does this or noticed this?
You mean you didn't had to install the champions ballad DLC? It downloaded as an already bought DLC?

Cag1082

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what the developer uses for the Gamecube injects? There are a lot of games that they have not created and I would like to make the rest of my games the same way as the ones already available.

Reactions: nonameboy

depparted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just a quick question...
I used the usb helper to create a banjo kazooie inject, and it created two install folders, a DK64 one and a BK one, do I need both installed or just the BK one will work fine?

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
how do i uninstall the app? it seems there is no uninstaller. Since a little more than 1 day ago I cant download anything, something happened. In every game i try to download i get a "ERROR: TMD not found" message. and the program retries 100 times with the same message

I dont know what happened, I already tried closing and opening it again, changing region, changing tickets location (writing again the same url), and nothing works. I want to uninstall and install it again to see if that was the problem but I cant

wikdclown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the ballad dlc available on Usbhelper? I see it has one dlc but I dunno if it's just the first or both.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the ballad dlc available on Usbhelper? I see it has one dlc but I dunno if it's just the first or both.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
Yes, ALL of the latest DLC for Zelda is on USB Helper. Make sure you download the latest update to be able to play the DLC if you haven't updated your game to the latest update yet.

Reactions: wikdclown

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the first time i selected to download a DS VC game usb helper gave me a warning message but i couldn't read all of it. something about possibly bricking my wii u. so what was the warning message?

paulmikeybarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can somebody tell me the temp working folder this app uses?
I was attempting to make an injection using my Mario Kart Wii disc but my firewall spat the dummy, now this app has chewed up 8GB of my OS SSD and I can't for the life of me find the god damn folder its using without permission.....

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody tell me the temp working folder this app uses?
I was attempting to make an injection using my Mario Kart Wii disc but my firewall spat the dummy, now this app has chewed up 8GB of my OS SSD and I can't for the life of me find the god damn folder its using without permission.....
It should be in the settings. I'm pretty sure you can select the temp folder in the settings. But I'm not 100% positive, it's been awhile since I first set it up.

paulmikeybarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It should be in the settings. I'm pretty sure you can select the temp folder in the settings. But I'm not 100% positive, it's been awhile since I first set it up.
It's all good mate, found it via datecreated: in the search bar.
Folders were already set up but for some bizarre reason because it wasn't able to finish due to firewall sandboxing it was giving a fatal exception dialog and not dumping the temporary folder.
Was in a VTRoot folder on the primary HDD.

I had just made a fresh install of my firewall client due to permission issues.

Last edited by paulmikeybarker,

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok, I'm glad you got it all sorted out.

And by the way, you just made a triple post of the same post. just a heads up. lol

AgentRandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello, could you please add the Desert / Jungle / Urban Strike SNES games? Sorry if it's not possible or there is an easier way to get them on the Wii U, I'm learning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs