[RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Hikari06, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Which theme do you prefer?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2017.
  1. The dark theme

225 vote(s)
    84.3%
  2. The light theme

42 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. bolinao

bolinao Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    Australia
    Not sure if this has been reported, but I downloaded and tried to install "Just Dance 2018" twice and both times got " Installation Failed Confirm complete WUP files are in the folder" when I tried to install on wii u using WUP Installer GX2.

Last edited by bolinao, Dec 3, 2017
  2. Cag1082

Cag1082 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    United States
    WUP Installer GX2 does not like special symbols in the folder name. Delete the tm or R symbols in the folder name and you'll be golden.

Last edited by Cag1082, Dec 3, 2017
  3. bolinao

bolinao Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    Australia
    That would explain why Assassin's Creed 3 would not install also lol , thanks it worked :)

4. bolinao

bolinao Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    Australia
    I only found out about program this yesterday.
    I am having about 50% success rate of these games I am installing working.
    The ones that don't work install correctly, but when I try and play them they freeze the game during the cut scenes, usually near the end.

Any way of getting around this ?

Thanks

5. Cag1082

Cag1082 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    United States
    What type of hard drive are you using?

6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Well, it looks like the college I go to is blocking wiiuusbhelper.com, which I assume the app attempts to connect to on startup. Is there any important functionality tied to connecting to that site before the app launches?...

7. bolinao

bolinao Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    Australia
    Seagate Desktop 2tb, it was one that was recommend for the wii u.

I had bought several games from the e-store before I hacked the wiiu and they all play ok.

Last edited by bolinao, Dec 3, 2017
  8. Hikari06
    OP

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Both Wii U USB Helper and your Wii U check the integrity of the files before installing so the possibility of a corrupt download is quite small.
    Can you try installing one of these games on NAND and see if the issue persists?

Unfortunately yes this site and its subdomains are absolutely essential to the app since that's where all the metadata and such is stored. However, the Upater also connects to this domain so if it works it means it's not blocked. Have you set a proxy in Windows? I had someone with a similar issue recently and it was because some kind of malware had set a proxy.

Last edited by Hikari06, Dec 3, 2017
  9. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I had no proxy initially, but I did attempt to mess around with a few proxies in an attempt to connect. Never got it working, unfortunately. Even just trying to go to the website on my browser won't work, it times out

Edit: it works on my android phone, but ONLY if I have a VPN set, which is restricted by the college on Windows devices I believe. I'll do what I can to keep messing around with this, though.

Also, is it possible to hook my phone up to my computer, use the Android version, and set a directory on my computer as the destination folder?

10. Hikari06
    OP

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Most likely they just block the dns resolution.
    Try running this script (as admin) and it will manually resolve the domains to hopefully bypass the restriction.

Attached Files:

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  11. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I'll give that a try, thanks

12. bolinao

bolinao Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2017
    Australia
    One of the games I am having trouble with is PAPER MARIO Color Splash [000500001F600B00], I remove it completely from the wii u and rebooted, I then installed it on the nand, had the same problem, it stopped exactly the same place as when it was installed on the USB.

So I uninstalled it again, I then re-downloaded the game again and then reinstalled it, but it is still stopping exactly the same place.

13. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Well, unfortunately that didn't work, but I set up Psiphon and that got it working

14. exzavier

exzavier Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    I understand my question is about 3DS games but this appears to be the only thread for Wii U USB Helper. Is Pokemon Ultra Sun, Moon; Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowsers Minions or Metriod Samus Returns known to work after downloading with USB Helper and a New 3ds XL with the newest Luma 8.1.1, godmode9, FBI installer?

15. TotalInsanity4

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    You'd have to pack it into a CIA, but it should

16. Ragedmonkey

Ragedmonkey Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2017
    Canada
    Hi guys, I did a quick search on this thread and couldnt find the answer.

I want to ask, how to I install mods for Smash 4 using Wii USB Helper?

This is the mod im trying to install. (Hitbox Visualization / Training Modpack v3)

I am just trying to install the packed version of this mod.

Can anyone point me to the right direction on how to do so?

Thanks!

17. pz64

pz64 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    Does anybody know if it's possible to get gamecube cheats converted from AR to OCARINA (obviously) to work on my Wii U? I've got sonic adventure 2 injected on my wii u homescreen. I've tried uisng mocha sd and tcp gecko sd. I put the gctu file in the codes folder thats on the root of my SD card. I'm not sure how nintendont runs cheats or from what folder but I can't get it to work. Does anybody know if this is possible?

18. Skeet1983

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Hi guys. How do I properly delete games, updates, and dlc that was from Wii U USB Helper? I deleted Zelda BOTW, update, and DLC. But it seems that USB HDD space was not restored? I deleted through the Data Manager in Wii U System Settings. Deleted BOTW because game kept freezing when loading save, someone suggested to delete everything related to game and re-install. Also, I am wanting to use Trainer for Zelda BOTW. The Trainer/Editor I wanted to use is for game version 1.3.0. When I install game and update, can I just delete the update if it is not 1.3.0 and just install another update that will hopefully be 1.3.0? Thoughts and help GREATLY appreciated on all of this :)

Last edited by Skeet1983, Dec 6, 2017
  19. Borsalino

Borsalino Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2016
    Canada
    Any news on when BOTW DLC 2 will be available on this amazing app? Thanks

20. Sabishinbo

Sabishinbo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2015
    United States
    2:30 est