[RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Hikari06, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Which theme do you prefer?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2017.
  1. The dark theme

225 vote(s)
    84.3%
  2. The light theme

42 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. MarcioHP

MarcioHP Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2010
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Hey guys.
    I tried to find the solution to what happens on my Wii U, I could not, even using the search in this topic and in others.

I can not run the injected NGC games. I had a first problem when trying to inject using the wi-fi RECodeV-X game, at 99% the application was in a loading state and nothing happened until the Wii U stopped responding, even showing the screen "connected" with the USB Helper.
    I did the method of installing it directly on the SD, then use the WUP installer. Okay, installed.
    But every game of NGC (after that I did test with others) he throws me to the black screen, shows the Wii logo, then restart the Wii U (NAND). I'm using Mocha and already tried installing nintendont, but it never started.
    What am I doing wrong?
    I have no idea if I skipped any step. I just installed the HBC, so I started the mocha. Other VCs work perfectly.

Thank you!

2. Taebot64

Taebot64 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2017
    United States
    Are you ever Going to add. Cube Life: Pixel Action Heroes!

3. targren

targren Member

Newcomer
    Jul 28, 2017
    United States
    Looks like that did it. I deleted all of the JREs but I forgot a had a Dev environment installed. You had ONE job, stupid java control panel

4. Khord

Khord Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    United States
    Here is the config

Attached Files:

5. gbawiiu

gbawiiu Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2017
    Germany
    Hi! the initial post picture shows a dashboard with a 50-icon-grid. is it possible to change the wii u dashboard to look like that? would be a great overview of games without messing around with folders....

6. Hikari06
    OP

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Unfortunately I have seen other people with the same issue but afaik as I know it's related to Nintendont itself so there isn't much I can do.
    Are you using an external hard drive by the way?

So you nincfg is indeed different from the USB Helper one.
    Try with this instead :

No it's not possible to do that on the Wii U unfortunately. The dashboard in the picture is the USB Helper Game Mode but that only works on desktop.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Does the issue persist even when it's completely deleted?
    That's probably a Nintendont issue, try reporting it to the devs.

Attached Files:

7. WilliamAnderson

WilliamAnderson Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    Canada
    Yeah, I'm using an external hard drive. I've reported it to them in there, they got me to delete my nincnfg.bin and had autogenerate one and now I can play isos off of my SD card but all of my injections now fail. Going to switch to the config you provided and see if they work again.

Nope, the injects fail now, completely. Hooray.

8. pz64

pz64 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    Hey hikari06 not sure if this is also a nintendont bug, but just incase, I'll mention it to you here. Sometimes when playing with the gamepad on a injected GC game, the A button switches to the X button. Like the button used to select or jump or whatever the A button is supposed to do in the game, it becomes the x button instead. Must be some kind of button mapping error I really don't know. I'm guessing its a nintendont error not anything to do with usb helper but I'd just like to mention it to you. Thanks for all your hard work HHikari06 bro. once a again YOU THE MAN

Hikari06 likes this.
  9. Hikari06
    OP

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Yeah this is also because of Nintendont.
    I think I read somewhere that pressing minus can switch the layout, can you try this?

pz64 likes this.
  10. Khord

Khord Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    United States
    It worked!! Now just to get custom controls

11. Khord

Khord Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    United States
    Nintendon't sometimes counts gamepads, and wii remote w/ classic controller (pro) as bluetooth controllers which makes their controls act like xbox controllers

12. RJS

RJS Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    An update on my issue with WUP installer Y Mod, I wiped the SD card and just copied Nintendont, and Homebrew channel, and it showed those rather than just one option but when installing it just threw error MCP_InstallGetInfo, so I googled the error and saw people recommending WUP Installer GX2 so I tried that and it all worked again!

Hikari06 likes this.
  13. MarcioHP

MarcioHP Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2010
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    yep, I am installing everything at an 500gb USB external drive.

I tried the following: I hacked the vWii on the NAND and tested the nintendont over there, ran and opened every time.
    When I try to open vWii through MOCHA, it does not work, it generates an error message.
    The nintendont fowarder I installed on Mocha, also does not work.

About nintendont, what do you recommend? About the games, if I stop using the mocha and switch to another CFW will this new one be able to read the USB games that have already been installed?

14. agarnele

agarnele Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2017
    Germany
    Hi, nice Programm

I habe a big Problem

Alle my NGC infected Games nincfg.bin missing

What can i do

15. Hikari06
    OP

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    I see that would explain it. Hopefully this will be fixed at some point cause it did happen to me while while testing too.

Well the thing is we're still not sure why it does not work on some systems. Some have pointed out hdd incompatibilities but even when installing on NAND it didn't work.
    Personally I have tried it on 5.5.1 and 5.5.2 with Mocha and CBHC and it worked without any issue every time.
    I am afraid until the Nintendont devs figure this out you might be out of luck.
    You can always try using the latest version of Nintendont which will be installed when you click on 'Prepare my SD' but I'm not sure it will help.

Did you use the "Prepare my SD" button on the injection tool? You must prepare your SD before using Nintendont.

16. agarnele

agarnele Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2017
    Germany
    THX hikari06
    I will testing it

17. WilliamAnderson

WilliamAnderson Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2017
    Canada
    So it's super weird. Sometimes my gamecube injections work, and at other times they all just freeze the Wii U on the black screen after booting up vWii. I really don't understand. I think I change my ninconfig to autoload, play a game through nintendont on vWii and then delete that games save file and I manage to get the injects to run? It's a super weird fix.

18. MarcioHP

MarcioHP Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2010
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Well, thats sad, but also is ok. Thanks for all support!

19. agarnele

agarnele Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2017
    Germany
    The Wii will Start in a black screen and freezes with this file..... But no message "is missing"

I have the SD Card in USB helper prepared but its the same......

The file was i downloaded abouz in this forum

The Problem is solved

SD card Format -> prepare the SD - ok

Last edited by agarnele, Dec 2, 2017
  20. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Hey @Hikari06

I know I'm kinda behind the times here, but I finally decided to download this program lol

Problem is I can't seem to load it. Every time I try to open it it gives me a crash dump telling me it's timed out after loading 0%

Edit: Looks like this, if you need it:
    Capture.PNG

Last edited by TotalInsanity4, Dec 2, 2017