[RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Hikari06, Oct 28, 2016.

?

Which theme do you prefer?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2017.
  1. The dark theme

225 vote(s)
    84.3%
  2. The light theme

42 vote(s)
    15.7%
  1. wolf_

wolf_ GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2012
    United States
    Legit will be a game released on eShop and disc or just disc it it's eShop only or custom you need signature patches to play as the ticket is not legit to you

sheetka likes this.
  2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Read step 4 of the noob guide for a full explanation

sheetka likes this.
  3. justinjustins

justinjustins Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2017
    Australia
    wiiu retail = legit
    VC and wiiu download = CFW

For CFW games you need to run haxchi (or mocha) first before running them otherwise they wont work.

sheetka likes this.
  4. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    It depends on if there's a legit ticket available on that key site or just a fake ticket.
    DLCs are always CFW only though.

sheetka likes this.
  5. Shmario

Shmario Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2016
    Brazil
    yeah,had to delete some games,of course

and was Zelda BOTW Update,the one with xenoblade chronicles 2 armor set

But anyway i already solved

just erased and then cpoied back to my sd card agian..and its worked...guess it had some issues on the transition on the first time ...but i had to download the dlc again,dunno why,but when i installed the update,the dlc just dissapeared..so yeah,just had to download the dlc and installed again and all worked well

6. wernbw

wernbw Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2017
    Afghanistan
    What's the ROM for Banjo Kazooie? I'm trying to add the new injection but No-Intro ROMS are not accepted.

7. jeice

jeice Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2017
    United States
    I used the one from emuparadise(Eu)

8. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    I realized Banjo-Kazooie was added as a custom VC game, which is pretty nice. Do you guys have plans to custom add other games that never made into VC, such as Chrono Trigger, The Last Story or Perfect Dark?

Last edited by YukidaruPunch, Nov 14, 2017
  9. cholaloula

cholaloula Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    France
    Am I the only one to have a significantly drop in speed download lately? Before I used to be around 2mb and now it's always around 400kb which is...not very speedy... :/

Edit : Of course I tested my connection speed, my HDD, I defragmented it, I tested the speed with other apps, only WiiU USB Download is running, etc... weird

Last edited by cholaloula, Nov 14, 2017
  10. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    No, many people are having those issues. Just read a few posts back. There's no solution to this.

11. cholaloula

cholaloula Member

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    France
    Allright, sorry I didn't see it, I read a few posts back and did a ctrl+F "Speed".

Well, it will be 4 times longer to download Xenoblade ^^

12. justinjustins

justinjustins Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2017
    Australia
    I used to get 2-5MB and now I get about 300kB. It was faster when I tethered to my phone which made me think it was my ISP, but if other people are having the same problem then it must be Nintendo's servers

13. Nomelas

Nomelas GBAtemp Regular

May 6, 2015
    Canada
    the banjo-kazooie inject doesn't seem to be compatible with the clean versions of the rom. (md5 check against no-intro)

14. Antics

Antics Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2009
    United States
    Washington
    It appears you have to use the "Rev A" version of the game as mine wouldn't inject either.

You can blame Nintendo's CDNs. As far as I'm aware, the tool downloads directly from them. Nothing you can do outside of wait for low-load times or for Nintendo to up their infrastructure.

@Hikari06, I'd be happy to help with testing future Gamecube injects as there are a few I'd like to get running as well. Do you have any sort of a need for folks to assist with creating the needed banners and such so all of the template work isn't on you?

15. purplegreendave

purplegreendave Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2014
    Canada
    Has anyone run a multi disk gamecube game (eg Twin Snakes)? How does the disk switching work?

16. Lukeoftheaura

Lukeoftheaura Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    Is there a tool like this for linux? I can't make it run through WINE no matter how much I try.

17. Antics

Antics Member

Newcomer
    May 30, 2009
    United States
    Washington
    Nintendont has support built-in for multi-disk games, though how it handles loading them I believe depends on your general configuration. As to the USB helper, it requests both ISOs prior to building the game for install. I haven't tested it yet, but I suspect it will automatically load the second disk when requested. For example--

upload_2017-11-14_23-58-42.png

Are you following the instructions in the original post? I have a Linux box to test it on, but we'd need more information to debug the problem.
    Are you getting a general error? Is Wine configured properly? What are you doing when you encounter the issue?

18. Lukeoftheaura

Lukeoftheaura Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    I'm getting an error when installing dotnet45. I may be able to fix it using wine but I'd far prefer a native tool, or a port.

19. gaga24

gaga24 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 28, 2016
    Download speed is still low. Back to Utik for now.

justinjustins likes this.
  20. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Download speed is still mega quick for me where i have a problem is when i start the app it takes about 5mins to load yet every other program or game on my laptop loads pretty much instantly.