Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I configure Nintendon't for each individual GCN game? Maybe I can press a button during the Nintendon't screen?

According to the compatibility list I should be able to force 480p on most PAL games and some even support widescreen. When I installed Super Mario Sunshine without hitting the "Force 4:3" box it was obviously simply stretched to 16:9, so it wasn't true widescreen. That's why I'd like to tinker with the settings.

mat03111984

Trophies
XP
Country
Please help, always used this program but all of a sudden i get TMD not found for all games. ive updated the the tickets site but none will work? any ideas?

thanks

navega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
error.png
Im having this error while injection a GC/Wii game.
all requirements installed, no idea whats happening.

Last edited by navega,

Wrongnut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
logo_Wii_Uusb_Herper.png

Thanks to @gbamix for the awesome logo !.

banner.png

News

Vote here to choose what GameCube injections you would like to see first!

Disclaimer

All the contents In this application is only intended for your use if you own a legal license. The author may not be held responsible for illegal use of the contents provided here. If you choose to use this content, you must purchase a valid license.
The author may not be held responsible for any charges brought against you by any company(s) or people working for any company(s).

Please report bugs here !

Important notice

Please always use the app's built-in copy feature which will automatically remove special characters from the path which would otherwise result in a "install of title 00000000-00000000 failed" error!

What does it do ?

This program is intended to help you download games from NUS and install them on your Wii U. It's a bit like NUS Grabber except that it does not rely on any external tool, almost everything has been reprogrammed from scratch with ease of use in mind.

It comes with full DLC, VC (those require signature patching) and Updates support, and file hashing to ensure your downloads are always perfect :)

The application is also compatible with Cemu, and Citra and will allow to play WiiU and 3DS games directly on your computer!

I've seen a lot of guides which tell you to manually unpack the content to use it with CEMU but you'd be better off using the play button which will take care of everything in just one single click!

Updates and DLC will be applied automatically so long as you have downloaded them!

You can easily manage your library of games, and copy them to your SD in one click !

What about 3DS games?

Despite the name, Wii U USB Helper can also download 3DS games. However those can only be played on a regular 3DS, you cannot play them on your WiiU or CEMU.

square.png

Check out the little colored square at the top right corner of the icon to know what console a specific title is for. Red means 3DS, blue Wii U.

Tutorial

Check out this awesome guide made by @Chrscool8 which will help you understand how to use the application to install games on your Wii U !

Where can I get it ?

This application comes with a little installer which will always keep it updated.
If you want to support me without spending a dime plese use and share this link (ad supported).

Once installed, you can launch the app from the icon created on your desktop.

Prerequisites :

-The latest version of the .NET framework (should be installed by default)
-VC++ 2013 redistributables
-DirectX runtime

Donors will be able to get rid of the donation popup and will also be thanked with exclusive Dark Red,Dark Green,Silver,Desert and Light Grey themes!

Note : If you want to share the app that's awesome. But if you do so, please use the link above and include the url to this post so people can stay tuned :)

Does it run on Linux?

Check out this tutorial written by @NoyTheBiche !

1. Download a PlayOnLinux Version that corresponds to your Linux distribution :
https://www.playonlinux.com/fr/download.html

2. Install PlayOnLinux and launch it.

3. Go to Tools > Manage Wine versions

4. Go to Wine versions (x86) and select 2.7 (Staging)

5. Wait about 5-10 minutes depending on your internet connection.

6. Now, quit the Wine version Manager and go to "Configure".

7. Click on "New","Next", and "32 bits Windows installation".

8. Select "2.7-staging" and "Next".

9. Type whatever you want for the virtual drive's name.

10. Now, select your new Wine installation and go to "Install components" and install msxml3 and dotnet45.

11. Finally, go to "General" and click on "Make a new shortcut from this virtual drive"

12. Select "Updater.exe", type Next and rename it "WiiU USB Helper" or whatever you want.

13. And now, click on the new shortcut and you can finally use WiiU USB Helper on Linux!

What will I need to use it ?

• That title key site is the best option
Some games, like CoD are not available on NUS, and won't show up in the app, it's perfectly normal.
To install eShop-only games and DLC, you will have to input the address of that site.

DO NOT ASK FOR THE ADDRESS OF THAT SITE, IT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE APP.

Why are some games available on that site but not on the app?

If the titles you are referring to are available on the eShop, then please allow some time for them to show up in the app. In fact, the application needs to cache a lot of data to provide you with banners,covers, descriptions... If one game has not been analysed by the app before being added to the site, it will not show up until its data has been collected, which can take up to 24 hours.

Why are the sizes displayed in the app bigger than the ones reported by Windows?

Without getting into too much details there are two ways display sizes.
Either you decide to group bytes (the smallest group) by packets of 1024 bytes, 2^10 (1 KiB), or 1000 bytes, 10^2(1 KB).
Windows actually uses packets of 1024 bytes but mistakenly uses the KB unit, instead of the KiB unit.
My app reports sizes as true kilo bytes.
Why is that ? That's because it's the unit storage manufacturers use too (because it allows them to print bigger numbers) so it makes calculations easier. One big advantage is that if your SD card has a size of 8GB and the app displays a game at 7.8GB then you know it will fit just fine without having to check to size reported by Windows (provided there is enough space left of course). If you were using KiB (like Windows) then your SD card would only appear to have 7.45 GiB (reported as GB by Windows) of storage available. Of course that's doesn't change the amount of space available, just your perception of it.

How do I install downloaded games ?

I recommend that you use this tool. Just use the app to copy the games to you SD card and then launch the tool to install :)
Always prefer using the app's feature to copy games rather than copying them manually because it will check the integrity of the files before copying them to the SD.

What tool can I use to transfer games via the network?

This :)

Can I import games downloaded from another tool ?

Yes. To do so, please go to the "Batch Commands" tab at the bottom of the main window and select "Import Games". You will be asked to select the root folder containing the games you wish to import. Please note the application will only check the first sub-folders of this path.
Example:
->GAMES/(The folder you specify in the app)
---->Game1/
---->Game2/

If (Game1) and (Game2) contain at least 'title.tmd' then they will show up in the list.
It is possible that they won't show up if you already have downloaded the games, even partially, with the app. Finally, the games must be of the same region as the app.
Please also note that importing a game will MOVE the folder.
That's all you need to know :)
Troubleshooting

Here are the most common issues you can encounter and how to solve them.
  • I have installed my own version of CEMU but it keeps getting replaced
Go to "Emu. settings" and uncheck "Automatically update CEMU".

• The application always creates a shortcut on the desktop, even when I delete it
To change this behaviour enable "Prevent the Updater from generating a shortcut" in the Advanced Settings tab.
  • When unpacking a game, the window appears to freeze
Depending on the title, the extraction process can be quite lengthy. This is a normal behavior, please allow some time for it to complete.

• "The method is not implemented"
Most likely you have specified a wrong ticket archive. Just delete %localappdata%/Hikari06 and start the app again.

• Updater.exe crashes on start.
This happens if you have installed the app in a location which requires admin permissions (like Program Files) and your OS won't allow the updater to spawn an elevated process. Just install the app in a neutral location such as your personal folder and off you go!

• HTTP 404 not found
Most likely the eShop in under maintenance. Please try again later.

• I've just downloaded a game and it does not appear in the "Downloaded" section.
Sometimes the list may not update instantly. You can still copy or play it with the app, it just won't be sorted in the proper category right away. Restarting the app will solve the issue.

Special thanks

Thanks to all the testers who helped me make the app a bit more stable !
Thanks to @cearp, @DanTheMan827 ,@crediar ,@FoxMcloud5655 for their respective work which made this possible !

How can I get the source code ?

Versions up to 0.6.1.57 of the application were using libWiiSharp, a GPLv3 library.
Consequently, to comply with the terms of the GPLv3, the source code of v0.6.1.57 is available so long as you contact me and ask for it.
I'll do my best to fulfill your request as soon as possible.
Only inquiries sent to this address will be answered.

Thanks for reading!

I tried to install Paper Mario TTYD through the app to my Wii U but I got the sig patch error. Does the game from the USB Helper have a title key? If so, please tell me.

Akzar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just spent an over an hour looking for details on how to mod SMB for wii. I couldn't find the mod for Andy Afro's volume 8, so I removed it from the queue.

Anyway, to my surprise, I was asked if I would like to download the original game and automatically apply the patch!

Amazing. You keep out doing yourself.

PS - nice touch with the new bouncing logo

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: lordelan

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very amazing application though I am wondering why some games do not show up in the list that are said to be released on Nintendo's web site, such as Volgarr the Viking.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Very amazing application though I am wondering why some games do not show up in the list that are said to be released on Nintendo's web site, such as Volgarr the Viking.
At least one person needs to buy it and share the key on that key site.

justinjustins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
anyone else been experiencing extremely slow download speeds over the last few days? like i'm talking 200-300kB/s. I just wanna know if this is Nintendo's servers problem or if i need to kick my ISP in the arse.

gaga24

Trophies
XP
Country
I had the same issue here.

In my case, after you start downloading, do not add more titles to download list, if you do, some bug make your download slower.
Second, if you shut down the downloader, some items will not reapper in download list, like updates, you need to add updates again.

Shmario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
btw i downloaded this update on Wii u Usb Helper and tried to instal on my wii u with wup installer and its just froze on 0%

im on 5.5.1(U)and its the first time this happen,i already installed more than 300 games with no problem at all and now this?anyone? help?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
btw i downloaded this update on Wii u Usb Helper and tried to instal on my wii u with wup installer and its just froze on 0%

im on 5.5.1(U)and its the first time this happen,i already installed more than 300 games with no problem at all and now this?anyone? help?
How did you manage to install over 300 games when the wiiu has a limit of 300 games?? I guess you must have deleted some. Anyway what game is not working for you.

justinjustins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In my case, after you start downloading, do not add more titles to download list, if you do, some bug make your download slower.
Second, if you shut down the downloader, some items will not reapper in download list, like updates, you need to add updates again.
It doesn't matter how many times I add, re-add, abort download, close and reopen etc, my speed is still horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr