Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IgnoreMyName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I report issues with the program? Program has an issue renaming dlc or update packed CIA files. Meaning, it will download the game, dlc, and/or update files but when it comes time to pack them up for CIA, it will name the game and dlc/update files the same. For example, I downloaded Bravely Second: End Layer as well as the dlc. The unpacked files are there but when it came time to pack for CIA, it (I'm assuming) packed the dlc first and named it, BRAVELY SECOND™ END LAYER and because the game's packed CIA has the same name, didn't pack the game.

So, I had to manually go through all the games in the WiiU USB Helper and compare game sizes in there with what was on my PC. If a game had an update but there was only one file in the packed CIA folder, I had to move the file out, download and pack (only pack as the files would already be downloaded), add (DLC) to the end of a dlc CIA and (Update) to the end of an update CIA.

If there was a simpler way to report the games that the Helper had trouble packing/renaming, that would be great. Not just for me but for others too.

jbuck1975

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://bug.wiiuusbhelper.com/my_view_page.php
How do I report issues with the program? Program has an issue renaming dlc or update packed CIA files. Meaning, it will download the game, dlc, and/or update files but when it comes time to pack them up for CIA, it will name the game and dlc/update files the same. For example, I downloaded Bravely Second: End Layer as well as the dlc. The unpacked files are there but when it came time to pack for CIA, it (I'm assuming) packed the dlc first and named it, BRAVELY SECOND™ END LAYER and because the game's packed CIA has the same name, didn't pack the game.

So, I had to manually go through all the games in the WiiU USB Helper and compare game sizes in there with what was on my PC. If a game had an update but there was only one file in the packed CIA folder, I had to move the file out, download and pack (only pack as the files would already be downloaded), add (DLC) to the end of a dlc CIA and (Update) to the end of an update CIA.

If there was a simpler way to report the games that the Helper had trouble packing/renaming, that would be great. Not just for me but for others too.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador

Well thank you for your report, I'll investigate this issue.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yes, both Legit and CFW are checked.
In that case are you sure they are not in the "Ready for emuation" or "Installed" group"?.
A game can only be in one group at a time, and the prevalence is determined by the order in the app, "Ready for emulation" being the first and "Not downloaded" the last.
But the color of the title 'Green,Orange,White' allows you to know the status of the download even in the "Installed" and "Ready for emulation" groups

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The issue has been identified and fixed in v338, thanks for your help!

Last edited by Hikari06,

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, I downloaded the Smash 3DS Demo and ran Prepare For Emulation, but it's "extracting data" forever. In my previous attempt, Avira popped up complaining, I don't know if that has something to do with it.

Last edited by Eichro,

IgnoreMyName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case are you sure they are not in the "Ready for emuation" or "Installed" group"?.
A game can only be in one group at a time, and the prevalence is determined by the order in the app, "Ready for emulation" being the first and "Not downloaded" the last.
But the color of the title 'Green,Orange,White' allows you to know the status of the download even in the "Installed" and "Ready for emulation" groups

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The issue has been identified and fixed in v338, thanks for your help!

Awesome, thank you! Is v338 available for download or is that upcoming? Is that the version currently available for installation on the front page of this post?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi, I downloaded the Smash 3DS Demo and ran Prepare For Emulation, but it's "extracting data" forever. In my previous attempt, Avira popped up complaining, I don't know if that has something to do with it.
Probably, if your antivirus prevents USB Helper from executing the external tools (make_cdn_cia,etc..) the it cannot prepare for emuation.
Awesome, thank you! Is v338 available for download or is that upcoming? Is that the version currently available for installation on the front page of this post?
The update has already been published,yes.
The application always updates automatically so there is no need to redownload it if it's already installed.

Djordje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
New updates will be shown upon start if the game is "Ready for emulation" or "Installed".

I don't know that depends on their agreement with the content provider.

If you play with CEMU you can backup DATA/EMULATORS/BIN/CEMU/mlc01/usr/save
Can you please explain me better how can I do it,and on which cemu version(1.8.1b is which I had).What should I replace eith that save folder?Thanks!

Johnny Woods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am having an issue where when I go to launch the helper, it says that the program is already running and refueses to run, even though it is not running. I have checked with Task Manager and have even gone as far as rebooting the computer but it still refuses to run. Is there any way you could help, or is there anyway to bypass the running check?

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
*edit* Answered my own problem. changing screen resolution to half its usual size made the application load with the check boxes in an accessible position. The application was unusable at that resolution, but it remembered the selections when the resolution was changed back. Will keep the post in case anyone else is having same problem */edit*

Having a problem where the check boxes for Legit, CFW and Previews are hidden just off screen. You can just see a tiny sliver of the Legit tick box, but the other two cannot be seen or ticked.

During the loading process they appear in the correct position, but you cannot change them, then they move to just beyond the window they are supposed to appear within.

Re-positioning or resizing the windows makes no difference to the position of these check boxes and reseting the layout does not make a difference either.

Is there anyway to move these back to the original position?

I've attached a pic to show the problem. The small vertical line to the left of Actions is the Legit tick box.

upload_2017-8-21_4-40-51.png

Last edited by fluffykiwi,

Kladde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

My daughter updated wiiu to 5.5.2. Now I can't use this great tool.
Is it still possible in some way to make it work? I was thinking about haxchi or what it's called.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

My daughter updated wiiu to 5.5.2. Now I can't use this great tool.
Is it still possible in some way to make it work? I was thinking about haxchi or what it's called.
Yes, do wiiu.guide and make sure to install haxchi since the recent 5.5.2 exploit is not that stable.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Can you please explain me better how can I do it,and on which cemu version(1.8.1b is which I had).What should I replace eith that save folder?Thanks!
You just have to merge this folder from the old version of cemu to the new one.
Hi, I am having an issue where when I go to launch the helper, it says that the program is already running and refueses to run, even though it is not running. I have checked with Task Manager and have even gone as far as rebooting the computer but it still refuses to run. Is there any way you could help, or is there anyway to bypass the running check?
Try with the alternate installer :
http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/setup.exe

*edit* Answered my own problem. changing screen resolution to half its usual size made the application load with the check boxes in an accessible position. The application was unusable at that resolution, but it remembered the selections when the resolution was changed back. Will keep the post in case anyone else is having same problem */edit*

Having a problem where the check boxes for Legit, CFW and Previews are hidden just off screen. You can just see a tiny sliver of the Legit tick box, but the other two cannot be seen or ticked.

During the loading process they appear in the correct position, but you cannot change them, then they move to just beyond the window they are supposed to appear within.

Re-positioning or resizing the windows makes no difference to the position of these check boxes and reseting the layout does not make a difference either.

Is there anyway to move these back to the original position?

I've attached a pic to show the problem. The small vertical line to the left of Actions is the Legit tick box.

What was the original definition? Were you using DPI scaling?

Eichro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I found out what was triggering Avira. It was 3dstool.exe. USB Helper probably gets the latest version, which is to blame (I confirmed previous versions are safer). Is there any way I can configure it to use a previous version, or maybe one I have in my pc? Command line software are my true nemesis, so using the standalone is a huge challenge, and I'd love to sit back and watch USB Helper do all the hard work (as it's meant to do anyway). Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho