Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

baselhamad

"F*CK israel", Free Free Palestine #فلسطيني_وأفتخر
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i only can donate to you, i will, but sadly, in my country (Palestine), israel prevented us from online payment and everything is about online shops or any kind of that stuff, i want to donate, but i can't because of israel -_-

Sabishinbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any downsides to installing games on Nand versus an HDD? Games probably load faster when actually installed on the system, yeah?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
How to get the games as cias for the 3ds with that? When I select "pack as cia" as an option for when it finishes downloading...I get an error saying the program can't find the cia in the target folder...the problem is that the cia can't be there because I'm asking the program to generate it...

What to do to solve that problem: http://imgur.com/lRTTFqY
Well USB Helper does some renaming in the background in order to bypass the lack of Unicode support from the external tools it uses to pack the games.
Consequently, should the tool fail to produce the required file, USB Helper might throw this error since it attempts to rename the file which has not been created.
In order to find why the external tool does not work, could you try running this command ?
Code:
%appdata%\USB_HELPER\makecia.exe <path to title> %appdata%\USB_HELPER\test.cia
if i only can donate to you, i will, but sadly, in my country (Palestine), israel prevented us from online payment and everything is about online shops or any kind of that stuff, i want to donate, but i can't because of israel -_-
I really appreciate your intention nonetheless!

Last edited by Hikari06,
Reactions: baselhamad

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
is there a way to install 3ds games with their title keys without packing them to cia files ? In other words is there a benefit from keeping the .app files ?

Last edited by Omer,

cholaloula

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ey! glad to see we can now make .cia of smash bros DLC etc. I hope I helped about it! :D, real nice to use it from Wii U USB Helper instead of doing it by side!

C'est vraiment cool!

Reactions: Hikari06

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
is there a way to install 3ds games with their title keys without packing them to cia files ? In other words is there a benefit from keeping the .app files ?
Technically a cia is just an arhive of app files so there is no real reason to keep them if you are tight on space

edcantu9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I used this great program and it worked great for the wii u. I am trying to get game for the 3ds now. I have the old 3ds xl. I got the tickets location and downloaded a game. How do I get it to the 3ds now?

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. I used this great program and it worked great for the wii u. I am trying to get game for the 3ds now. I have the old 3ds xl. I got the tickets location and downloaded a game. How do I get it to the 3ds now?
pack to cia, copy to sd, install via fbi

edcantu9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pack to cia, copy to sd, install via fbi
Could you explain how to pack to CIA? I am guessing I have the game on the SD on the computer and pack it to CIA within the WiiU helper program?

then put the sd card in the 3ds and run fbi and install?

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could you explain how to pack to CIA? I am guessing I have the game on the SD on the computer and pack it to CIA within the WiiU helper program?

then put the sd card in the 3ds and run fbi and install?

well ok.. so I assume you downloaded the game first through wiiU usb helper right? so on the list of games you can see your downloaded ones.... right click on the game you downloaded and select "Pack to CIA (3DS)" and it will pack it to a .cia format. For me it puts it in my downloads folder but you might have to configure that the first time you do it, idk.

NEXT, copy the cia to your 3ds. this can be done in one of 3 ways:

* remove the sd card from your 3ds, and put it into your computer using either an sd card reader or sd-usb adapter. then return the sd card back into your 3ds
* Use an ftp client/app to copy the cia file from your pc to your 3ds
* If you a have a n3ds, you can use the built in sd card manager to copy it from your pc to your 3ds.

Once it is in the 3ds, launch fbi, find the location of the cia file and install.

obviously, to install a cia, you need CFW for your 3ds

Will the new DLC for BOTW be available too with this app, the one who showed up in the E3 2017?

eventually.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I have received over the last few days a certain number of automatic bug reports regarding the System.IO.FileNotFoundException @ Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String) @ System.IO.__Error exception.
This happens when packing a game to cia and I have not been able to reproduce it.
It would be very helpful if someone who is experiencing this bug could get in touch with me so I can investigate the issue and hopefully fix it.
Thanks !

Reactions: drvipej

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a list of the games floating around somewhere that aren't available to download with this app? I'd like to see what games I'll have to dump myself.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Do u guys know ticket to Contra 3 PAL version?
Can't find it anywhere :/
Someone has to dump it first and there is no way to know when (or if) that will happen.

Is there a list of the games floating around somewhere that aren't available to download with this app? I'd like to see what games I'll have to dump myself.
I'm not sure there exists such a list but in any case I don't have one, sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way big update for everyone !
Wii U USB Helper will feature in the next update a new GUI named Game Mode.
This is not a replacement of the original UI which will stay the same, it's a new additional interface designed for use with a controller to emulate the feel and look of a real system. (The original bootup sequence with the image and music is emulated too).
Please note that this is still experimental so there will be bugs, and not a lot of features, but it will evolve gradually.
Basically what it does is provide a nice UI where you can easily launch any Wii U game currently marked as "Ready for emulation" in the app and play it on your computer thanks to CEMU.
Here is what it looks like at the moment :

upload_2017-6-17_22-48-27.png

The controls are very simple :

• UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT to move
  • ENTER to launch a title
  • ESCAPE to quit

Hope you will like it when it is done!

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone has to dump it first and there is no way to know when (or if) that will happen.

I'm not sure there exists such a list but in any case I don't have one, sorry.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

By the way big update for everyone !
Wii U USB Helper will feature in the next update a new GUI named Game Mode.
This is not a replacement of the original UI which will stay the same, it's a new additional interface designed for use with a controller to emulate the feel and look of a real system. (The original bootup sequence with the image and music is emulated too).
Please note that this is still experimental so there will be bugs, and not a lot of features, but it will evolve gradually.
Basically what it does is provide a nice UI where you can easily launch any Wii U game currently marked as "Ready for emulation" in the app and play it on your computer thanks to CEMU.
Here is what it looks like at the moment :

View attachment 90467

The controls are very simple :

• UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT to move
  • ENTER to launch a title
  • ESCAPE to quit

Hope you will like it when it is done!
I don't know how you find the time to do all of this lol. Good work, as usual!

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually realized the game list on wikipedia denotes whether or not a game is on the eshop, so I'm going by that. It isn't 100% accurate though, I've already noticed four games that it says aren't on the eshop that I can download with your app.

I could use some pointers on importing games. I'm trying to import a game that can't be downloaded, Sniper Elite V2. I've actually moved it into the same directory I have your app set to download to, and select the GAMES folder to import from but it says it can't find any games. Can it not import games that the app can't download? Or is there something going wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs