Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omer

Trophies
XP
Country
Is downloading using this app. will slow nintendo servers or harm Nintendo by any means ?

DiegoUb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi all :), do you know what it is "the remote server returned an error: (403) forbidden" mesagge?... almost 5 days the same mesagge comes up and doesn't let me open Wii U USB helper window...

franchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all :), do you know what it is "the remote server returned an error: (403) forbidden" mesagge?... almost 5 days the same mesagge comes up and doesn't let me open Wii U USB helper window...

I'm not sure but i think it has something to do with "that title key site" changing from .com to .gq

Poast

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also had the problem of the 0kb CIA generated for Smash bros. Pokémon Mystery dungeon (EUR), etc.

I solved it toying with other tools, i used funkeyCIA, that led me to discover make_cdn_cia.exe, that only frustrated me because it was the same problem, no CIA generation from raw material or a 0kb CIA. I discovered that the source code of that tool has been lost but a fix for it has been published on the gbatemp forums. I'm not an IT profesional, but maybe the OP is using this tool to generate the CIA, and could implement this fix to the WII U USB Download Helper?

The link to the fix is this one, (only the 32bit version seems to work for me and other people btw) : https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-jp...-please-fix-make_cdn_cia.377606/#post-5249811
(Post #9).

Hope it can help, sorry if it doesn't, it's my first contribution to this forum, I looked for that solution for about 2 hours.

PS : Yes, Freeshop, is good, really good, but I like the idea of having an archive of my CIA just in case ^^.

So do I just replace the makecia.exe in %appdata% with that?

Also, new problem: when I try to select copy to SD for any Wii U game, the little popup asking what I want to copy only shows for a split second before closing. Is there a way around this?

franchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So do I just replace the makecia.exe in %appdata% with that?

Also, new problem: when I try to select copy to SD for any Wii U game, the little popup asking what I want to copy only shows for a split second before closing. Is there a way around this?

I just reproduced this and it's not a problem ..it just occurs when you try to copy a game that you downloaded but isn't in the original folder it was downloaded to.

Reactions: Poast

Gilligan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you for this amazing tool!

I'm sorry for this long post, but I gathered all my questions together.

I would like to use it only with CEMU, and use it also as a game launcher.

A) Downloaded identification and space usage

I've seen that a lor of my HDD space was gone, after trying some games.

1) Using the play icon, a new extracted version is created at D:\userfolder\DATA\EMULATORS\Cemu\GAMES\Game Name [WII U CODE].
In addition, play button pushes the updates and DLCs to CEMU's right directoryq D:\userfolder\DATA\EMULATORS\Cemu\BIN\mlc01\usr\title\00050000 (great!)
And games are launched with the CEMU version included in the directory D:\userfolder\DATA\EMULATORS\Cemu\BIN.
In the tabs sections, the downloaded game is moved to ready for emulation tab, that in principle is OK. (*)

2) Games are originaly downloaded first at D:\userfolder\DATA\USA\GAMES\name of the game [ticker (several digits)] (USA game); or D:\userfolder\DATA\USA\DLCS\name of the game [ticker], etc. These ones cannot be played with CEMU.

3) unpacking a game for loadline would create another extracted version that is redundant if the play button is used. I erased it with no problem.

4) Ticking unpack under the download manager, just creates another unpacked copy of the game that is not required if the play button is used (remember CEMU user only).

So far, only copies #1 and #2 remain.
I don't need copy #2, so I backed-up and erased it.

However, after relaunching the app, I noticed that the game status changed from downloaded green to red not downloaded yet.

I also noted that if under the directory #2 I leave the 3 title files, status turns into orange game partially downloaded, download again.

I have not erased the Update or DLCs folders, but I'd assume a similar behavior.

So, am I doing something wrong?
Is there any way that a game inside the ready for emulation tab would be displayed as green downloaded, apart from keeping the downloaded copy at #2 that in terms of size is too expensive option?

I can leave the directory #2 plus certain files, if required.

And what about in case of updates or DLCs?

B) (*) Ready for emulation and mark as installed

It would be great to have an option to distinguish between those CEMU playable games and the others installed but not playable yet. May be they work in the future with a new CEMU version.

I've tried by clicking the mark as installed option for those that were not running yet, hoping that this would move them into the Installed tab, out of the ready for emulation one. But it didn't. This mark-up moves "not downloaded" or "downloaded" tab back and forth to installed tab.
It would be great if the same procedure could also be applied for the "ready for emulation" tab to "installed" tab.

Of course, adding a specific tab for yet not playable, would be much better. But I guess it would imply too much work to be done, meanwhile adding the mark as installed option should be much easier and can act as a good workaround.

C) Colors

As a new user, one suggestion. Game, Update and DLC Status are more visible than the icons. Unfortunately, the lack of update or DLC is shown in red as well as when there is an update or DLC to be downloaded. It would be much better (if possible) to use another color.
Let’s say green and orange as of today, yellow when there is no update or DLC, and red when there is an update or DCL available not downloaded yet. So, at a very quick glance, red would mean that there's something new available.

D) Powered by Cemu

Btw, the powered by Cemu message and its OK is annoying. Could it be possible to add a do not show again option? If you'd need to say CEMU somewhere as a request, you might replace Play by Play CEMU, for example.

PS, I tried to read the whole thread but it's too long. So far I've read the first 25 and the last 20 post. I'm sorry if these topics have already been discussed.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this amazing tool!

I'm sorry for this long post, but I gathered all my questions together.

I would like to use it only with CEMU, and use it also as a game launcher.

A) Downloaded identification and space usage

I've seen that a lor of my HDD space was gone, after trying some games.

1) Using the play icon, a new extracted version is created at D:\userfolder\DATA\EMULATORS\Cemu\GAMES\Game Name [WII U CODE].
In addition, play button pushes the updates and DLCs to CEMU's right directoryq D:\userfolder\DATA\EMULATORS\Cemu\BIN\mlc01\usr\title\00050000 (great!)
And games are launched with the CEMU version included in the directory D:\userfolder\DATA\EMULATORS\Cemu\BIN.
In the tabs sections, the downloaded game is moved to ready for emulation tab, that in principle is OK. (*)

2) Games are originaly downloaded first at D:\userfolder\DATA\USA\GAMES\name of the game [ticker (several digits)] (USA game); or D:\userfolder\DATA\USA\DLCS\name of the game [ticker], etc. These ones cannot be played with CEMU.

3) unpacking a game for loadline would create another extracted version that is redundant if the play button is used. I erased it with no problem.

4) Ticking unpack under the download manager, just creates another unpacked copy of the game that is not required if the play button is used (remember CEMU user only).

So far, only copies #1 and #2 remain.
I don't need copy #2, so I backed-up and erased it.

However, after relaunching the app, I noticed that the game status changed from downloaded green to red not downloaded yet.

I also noted that if under the directory #2 I leave the 3 title files, status turns into orange game partially downloaded, download again.

I have not erased the Update or DLCs folders, but I'd assume a similar behavior.

So, am I doing something wrong?
Is there any way that a game inside the ready for emulation tab would be displayed as green downloaded, apart from keeping the downloaded copy at #2 that in terms of size is too expensive option?

I can leave the directory #2 plus certain files, if required.

And what about in case of updates or DLCs?

B) (*) Ready for emulation and mark as installed

It would be great to have an option to distinguish between those CEMU playable games and the others installed but not playable yet. May be they work in the future with a new CEMU version.

I've tried by clicking the mark as installed option for those that were not running yet, hoping that this would move them into the Installed tab, out of the ready for emulation one. But it didn't. This mark-up moves "not downloaded" or "downloaded" tab back and forth to installed tab.
It would be great if the same procedure could also be applied for the "ready for emulation" tab to "installed" tab.

Of course, adding a specific tab for yet not playable, would be much better. But I guess it would imply too much work to be done, meanwhile adding the mark as installed option should be much easier and can act as a good workaround.

C) Colors

As a new user, one suggestion. Game, Update and DLC Status are more visible than the icons. Unfortunately, the lack of update or DLC is shown in red as well as when there is an update or DLC to be downloaded. It would be much better (if possible) to use another color.
Let’s say green and orange as of today, yellow when there is no update or DLC, and red when there is an update or DCL available not downloaded yet. So, at a very quick glance, red would mean that there's something new available.

D) Powered by Cemu

Btw, the powered by Cemu message and its OK is annoying. Could it be possible to add a do not show again option? If you'd need to say CEMU somewhere as a request, you might replace Play by Play CEMU, for example.

PS, I tried to read the whole thread but it's too long. So far I've read the first 25 and the last 20 post. I'm sorry if these topics have already been discussed.
Shouldn't you be posting this in the official CEMU thread?

CloeDahr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried downloading Zelda, and so far so good. But when I try extracting it, a window pops up for a milisecond and the extracted folders show up empty. I already downloaded the game twice, what is the problem?

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried downloading Zelda, and so far so good. But when I try extracting it, a window pops up for a milisecond and the extracted folders show up empty. I already downloaded the game twice, what is the problem?
Where is your extracted folder pointing to? Mine points to D:\Games\ROMS\WiiU\Extracted. If I had to guess, you don't have write permissions for the folder you're extracting to. Try and run the program as administrator or change the location of the extraction folder.

JMONHEYMON

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darksiders Warmastered Edition [00050000101F9700] Wii U USB Helper edition - game have russian audio problem. What to do? Sound gliches, sound missing. Can anybody fix it?

how do you install Darksiders Warmastered Edition usb ready just restarts usb helper on the wii u

martygng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The download link seems to send me to a file called updater.exe - doesn't sound legit. What file name should I be looking for?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
The download link seems to send me to a file called updater.exe - doesn't sound legit. What file name should I be looking for?
That's the correct file. As the name states, it's an updater which will install and keep the application up to date.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the unpack option work for 3DS games if it does its not working for me the option pack to cia works just fine? I am trying to download a 3DS game for citra to test it out. It looks looks the play game option is doing the job though.

Last edited by worm28,

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you think this tool can be ported to an app that we can launch from the homebrew launcher? Like the FreeShop on the 3DS?

I know there is aWii U USB Helper tool on the hl, but what I am saying is something more concrete

Last edited by XLuma,

Olover

Trophies
XP
Country
I need help if that's ok. I downloaded Xenoblade Chronicles for the wii and with Mocha put it on my wii u. When I load the game it takes me to the wii mode and then the screen turns black. A while later it takes me back to the wii u menu. Does anyone know why this happens?

Thx in advance

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How to get the games as cias for the 3ds with that? When I select "pack as cia" as an option for when it finishes downloading...I get an error saying the program can't find the cia in the target folder...the problem is that the cia can't be there because I'm asking the program to generate it...

What to do to solve that problem: http://imgur.com/lRTTFqY

Last edited by Amapola62,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1