Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When we download a game, we can directly put it on the SD card, or we have to extract it and then put it?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When we download a game, we can directly put it on the SD card, or we have to extract it and then put it?
As stated in the OP, use the program's Copy To SD function to put the downloaded install files on SD. For Wii U games, the files stay as-is, but the program will take care of removing any special characters from the folder name to avoid install problems.

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As stated in the OP, use the program's Copy To SD function to put the downloaded install files on SD. For Wii U games, the files stay as-is, but the program will take care of removing any special characters from the folder name to avoid install problems.
alright^^ thanks

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone going to answer my concern. Why is Wii U USB Helper now Showing it's infected with a Virus and My Antivirus Program Keeps Removing it. I've never had a Problem with this until a Few Days a go when I tired to access that Key site and seen it was down do to Recent attacks to the site again. Is anyone else having problems with there Antivirus Program Removing it from there System because it's Showing it contains a Virus Now. It worked fine 2 days ago and now this Issue about it Containing a Virus has Started. I even tired to Install it on a Completely different PC Today to just see if it was an issue on my end and the Same thing Happened the other PC Confirmed the Wii U USB Helper Updater Installer Contains a Virus and will not Install. Please HELP!!!!!!!!

mofukr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone going to answer my concern. Why is Wii U USB Helper now Showing it's infected with a Virus and My Antivirus Program Keeps Removing it. I've never had a Problem with this until a Few Days a go when I tired to access that Key site and seen it was down do to Recent attacks to the site again. Is anyone else having problems with there Antivirus Program Removing it from there System because it's Showing it contains a Virus Now. It worked fine 2 days ago and now this Issue about it Containing a Virus has Started. I even tired to Install it on a Completely different PC Today to just see if it was an issue on my end and the Same thing Happened the other PC Confirmed the Wii U USB Helper Updater Installer Contains a Virus and will not Install. Please HELP!!!!!!!!

What AV are you running? Have you tried submitting your file to virustotal.com?

That will tell you which/how many of other AVs think it's a virus. It is possible that you have an infection elsewhere on your PC(s) that is infecting this exe every time you save it.

FWIW, I run the latest version of ESET (actually a closed beta version) and the latest definitions and I'm not seeing any hint of infection.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
After the 229 update, I no longer have a column off screen! That's great.
The only remaining issue then is the download side bar which still looks the same.
Yeah I'm progressively redesigning the ui to better handle dpi scaling, although I'm still unsure why it stopped working in the first place :/

It appears Symantec falsely reports Updater.exe as a malware (shitty heuristic analysis). As stated before this is a false positive and so long as you have downloaded it from the location specified on the op there is absolutely no risk. I have filed a report to indicate that this is a false positive but since it can take some time you might want to add Updater.exe to your whitelist.

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm progressively redesigning the ui to better handle dpi scaling, although I'm still unsure why it stopped working in the first place :/

It appears Symantec falsely reports Updater.exe as a malware (shitty heuristic analysis). As stated before this is a false positive and so long as you have downloaded it from the location specified on the op there is absolutely no risk. I have filed a report to indicate that this is a false positive but since it can take some time you might want to add Updater.exe to your whitelist.

I don't know how to Whitelist it with Nortons Security 2017. Nortons is the Antivirus program that keeps Removing it for the past Few Days. It's never done that before since I've had Nortons in my PC since I Started Using Wii U USB Helper. I'll try to download it again but Nortons will Red flag it.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I was just going to ask the same question as above. Norton Antivirus is popping up multiple threats. It won`t let me anywhere near install/run it.
If this a false positive?

EDIT.......it sounds like a false positive from what I have read now?

Last edited by lukands,

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just going to ask the same question as above. Norton Antivirus is popping up multiple threats. It won`t let me anywhere near install/run it.
If this a false positive?

EDIT.......it sounds like a false positive from what I have read now?

I don't know if it's a false Positive or Not but I find it Strange that I've had Nortons in my PC since before I installed Usb Helper for over 3 months then all of a Sudden it's Detects a Virus with in the Program that's Never been there Before now and I Run a Full Scan 1x a Week and A Quick Scan everyday when i shut down my PC and it's never popped up as a threat.

I got it working by disabling scanning of of the Program now but I'm not to sure if I should keep the Program Exempt from Scan since scanning it will remove it from my system again. I've always trusted Nortons to Protect my PC and I Trusted Wii U USB HELPER up til now but don't know what to do.

Ps I don't know if it's been answered yet but when is USB Helper getting a Database update. Last time mine updated with new games was 2 weeks ago then I got this Issue when I ran it a Few days back.

Last edited by SuperSayianGod,

franchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's more cringe ...The fact that you guys think it's a "Virus" but won't look up "False positive Virus" on google or the fact that you're using "Norton Antivirus"

It is a false positive guys. There's nothing to worry about.

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H* <<< throw this in a text file and enjoy the result! lol (False Positive)

Reactions: mofukr

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's more cringe ...The fact that you guys think it's a "Virus" but won't look up "False positive Virus" on google or the fact that you're using "Norton Antivirus"

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H* <<< throw this in a text file and enjoy the result! lol (False Positive)

Do you have Proof to back up your claim and I'm not running Norton's Antivirus I'm running Norton's 360 (aka) Norton's Security for 2017. If it is a Real False Positive then Explain why I've never had a Problem with Norton's Detecting it's infected with a Virus until now when I've had it Installed and Working Perfectly for 3 months and I gets the same outcome in 2 Completely different PC After it Installed. Gets Removed for Detection of Threat - VIRUS.

Last edited by SuperSayianGod,

franchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have Proof to back up your claim and I'm not running Norton's Antivirus I'm running Norton's 360 (aka) Norton's Security for 2017. If it is a Real False Positive then Explain why I've never had a Problem with Norton's Detecting it's infected with a Virus until now when I've had it Installed and Working Perfectly for 3 months and I gets the same Resolts in 2 Completely different PC After it Installed. Gets Removed for Detection of Threat - VIRUS.

Because i just know it is not one, the creator wouldn't do such a thing and his thread wouldn't be here (use common sense, you know better)

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...e8d087714c95212ff31dc76b872b7072598/analysis/

And as you can see on this "analysis" ....."Symantec" with which is Norton is the only crybaby of the bunch.
The last time i used Norton was in 2000 ..and 17 years later people still go that route. smh.

Reactions: mofukr

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because i just know it is not one, the creator wouldn't do such a thing and his thread wouldn't be here (use common sense, you know better)

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...e8d087714c95212ff31dc76b872b7072598/analysis/

And as you can see on this "analysis" ....."Symantec" with which is Norton is the only crybaby of the bunch.
The last time i used Norton was in 2000 ..and 17 years later people still go that route. smh.

Do you like just Read between the lines or What? I never said the Creator Infected his Program with a Virus. I said I find it strange that it's worked all this time without any Issues but now it's getting RED FLAGGED as Virus. My concern is Should I be okay with using the program now since I never had a Problem before. Nortons NEVER SHOWED IT HAD A VIRUS BEFORE SO WHY NOW.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia

Show me where I said I thought it was a virus????
I know what a false positive is.....I don`t have to Google it....obviously I wouldn`t be asking if this was a false positive if I didn`t know what I was asking.

franchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Show me where I said I thought it was a virus????
I know what a false positive is.....I don`t have to Google it....obviously I wouldn`t be asking if this was a false positive if I didn`t know what I was asking.

I don't remember naming names i said "guys" because lately there's been a lot of people coming in here asking the same thing

mofukr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Awesome. Thanks.

Did telerik update the UI dlls? I haven't looked into it but if your VS was updated then the dlls may have been swapped and then included with one of your updated builds. That's just a guess but it's very possible.

You didn't change anything and I didn't change anything but clearly something changed.

I'll look forward to the UI updates as they come.

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning