Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnsavv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had Wii U USB helper up and running fine, today when I got back home the program froze up, the short cut on the desktop was gone. Trying to redownload it from the wiiuusbhelper site and my nortons is picking up as a virus and won't let me download... anyone else have this issue?

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I had Wii U USB helper up and running fine, today when I got back home the program froze up, the short cut on the desktop was gone. Trying to redownload it from the wiiuusbhelper site and my nortons is picking up as a virus and won't let me download... anyone else have this issue?
Obliviously your antivirus is interfering with the app.
All I can tell you is that it's a false positive, the app is 100% malware-free, many users can testify accordingly.
You should be able to report the alert as a false positive.

mofukr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that doesn't look anything like mine. Try uninstalling and deleting any remaining files, then reinstall

What does yours look like?

I already tried wiping everything and starting over yesterday but I think I just started over with the faulty update anyhow. I tried updating today but the executables/dlls did not change. I even tried re-downloading updater.exe and running it but no changes.

Is there actually a new version today?

Mine did not look like this 2 days ago either. Yesterday, I opened it and it was mostly like this then I fiddled with it to try to get it back into a shape that I could use and, like I mentioned, it only made matters worse. When I wiped my config, it would get slightly better but still not right.

You should see it now! Hahaha... I was trying to move/resize things again and it's unusable again. I know if I wipe my config and reset layout, it will return to the way it was when I first opened it yesterday but like I said, that wasn't much better.

@Hikari06 mentioned that he believed there was an issue with an update yesterday or the day before but, as I said, I can't seem to get any version newer than the buggy one.

Thanks

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What does yours look like?

I already tried wiping everything and starting over yesterday but I think I just started over with the faulty update anyhow. I tried updating today but the executables/dlls did not change. I even tried re-downloading updater.exe and running it but no changes.

Is there actually a new version today?

Mine did not look like this 2 days ago either. Yesterday, I opened it and it was mostly like this then I fiddled with it to try to get it back into a shape that I could use and, like I mentioned, it only made matters worse. When I wiped my config, it would get slightly better but still not right.

You should see it now! Hahaha... I was trying to move/resize things again and it's unusable again. I know if I wipe my config and reset layout, it will return to the way it was when I first opened it yesterday but like I said, that wasn't much better.

@Hikari06 mentioned that he believed there was an issue with an update yesterday or the day before but, as I said, I can't seem to get any version newer than the buggy one.

Thanks
from the screenshot you're on the same version as me 0.6.1.227

mofukr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the screenshot you're on the same version as me 0.6.1.227

Okay, thanks. I guess I'll wipe everything and start over again and hope that solves it. Do you know exactly which files I need to carry over for the database installed, downloaded, etc. information to remain? I know 'installed' is one of the files but I haven't figured out the logic to the other two areas in order to carry them over since they have no directly corresponding file like installed does.

Thanks

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, thanks. I guess I'll wipe everything and start over again and hope that solves it. Do you know exactly which files I need to carry over for the database installed, downloaded, etc. information to remain? I know 'installed' is one of the files but I haven't figured out the logic to the other two areas in order to carry them over since they have no directly corresponding file like installed does.

Thanks
@Hikari06 will have a better idea

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador

In that case I guess I could add some kind of warning yeah.

Thanks
Can you please tell me whether the issue is still there in v228?

mofukr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case I guess I could add some kind of warning yeah.

Can you please tell me whether the issue is still there in v228?

Okay, I have attached some pics to show you how it looks now after the .228 upgrade and a 'Reset Layout'/restart. I put an arrow on the main screen to show you that one column of the library is off to the left and cannot be seen. I messed with things trying to fix it when I was on .227 and it seems no amount of resizing/moving etc., makes that column visible again.
Also, you'll notice that the Copy to SD looks fine but the Downloads is still the same as on .227.

I appreciate your work on the application in the first place and certainly the time you're taking to help get this figured out. Thanks

libry_228.png

cpy2sd_228.png

dloads_228.png

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any plans to add support for 3ds emulation now that it is possible to decrypt cia files without a 3DS? Of course the user would have to provide their own boot9.bin file for said support to work.

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i send directly my wii u games to usb without sd like eshop using wii u usb helper...?

thanks...

Onanghy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the transfer tool would have to be updated to allow for that, and the option would need to be added to the gui.

Ok.. thanks for replay... i think that is a good idea... everybody no have sd card 32GB or 64GB for transfer big games....

regards....

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Are there any plans to add support for 3ds emulation now that it is possible to decrypt cia files without a 3DS? Of course the user would have to provide their own boot9.bin file for said support to work.
I have not been following the 3ds scene recently. Would you happen to have a link pointing to that new decryption method ?
Okay, I have attached some pics to show you how it looks now after the .228 upgrade and a 'Reset Layout'/restart. I put an arrow on the main screen to show you that one column of the library is off to the left and cannot be seen. I messed with things trying to fix it when I was on .227 and it seems no amount of resizing/moving etc., makes that column visible again.
Also, you'll notice that the Copy to SD looks fine but the Downloads is still the same as on .227.

I appreciate your work on the application in the first place and certainly the time you're taking to help get this figured out. Thanks

View attachment 87784
View attachment 87786

View attachment 87785
Hmm, just to make sure are you using this :

upload_2017-5-23_10-58-30.png

Or this ?

upload_2017-5-23_10-59-33.png

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I have not been following the 3ds scene recently. Would you happen to have a link pointing to that new decryption method ?

Here is a python script to convert an encrypted .3ds/.cci to a decrypted .cia using the boot9 bootrom. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt it to take an encrypted .cia and output a decrypted .3ds/.cci. Note that anyone with boot9strap can dump the bootrom by holding start+select+x during boot (and since updating from a9lh to boot9strap takes only minutes and is required for future Luma versions, that means anyone with a cfw enabled 3ds is going to be able to dump it themselves.

Last edited by nl255,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Here is a python script to convert an encrypted .3ds/.cci to a decrypted .cia using the boot9 bootrom. It shouldn't be too hard to adapt it to take an encrypted .cia and output a decrypted .3ds/.cci. Note that anyone with boot9strap can dump the bootrom by holding start+select+x during boot (and since updating from a9lh to boot9strap takes only minutes and is required for future Luma versions, that means anyone with a cfw enabled 3ds is going to be able to dump it themselves.
Thanks for the link, I'll see what I can do

Reactions: I pwned U!

mofukr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, just to make sure are you using this :

View attachment 87842
Or this ?

View attachment 87843

I'm on Win7x64 and I use a 42" 1080p panel so my scale is set to 125% since seeing this thing from 8 ft away is near impossible at 100%.

I know that originally, the application did display without abnormalities. It was only the other day when it suddenly went all wonky.

SuperSayianGod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I've had this Program installed awhile now and Have not had any Issues with it Until now. For some reason My Antivirus Program keeps Removing the Program from my PC because it keep Detecting it's a Security Risk for the past few days since that Key Site was Attacked again and that Key Site Seems to be Permanently down for the moment. My Concern is if Wii U USB Helper is no longer Working is there an Alternative to Wii U USB Helper for downloading games and DLC until the problem is Fixed with Wii U USB Helper.

Last edited by SuperSayianGod,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr