Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
Reactions: Hikari06

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
ok appstore updated for version 0.6 of the transfer tool.. (we was @ 0.4) also @Hikari06 i keep having to add a <url> tag to the meta for the appstore could you add this line to your metas to make it simpler for us to keep the appstore up to date .. <url>https://github.com/Kazegaya/usb_transfer_tool</url> or download the one from the store and pack it in the archive :)

http://www.wiiubru.com/appstore/#/app/USB_TRANSFER
Thanks and sorry for the tag, I didn't know it was required :)

CTH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Incredibly useful!

If this grants us access to updates and dlcs, is there any chance in the future for us to use it for downloading courses for Super Mario Maker?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this grants us access to updates and dlcs, is there any chance in the future for us to use it for downloading courses for Super Mario Maker?
Levels are neither updates nor DLC, and they aren't on the NUS server, so what this program currently does won't be of any help.

Until someone downloads/saves the levels to their own WiiU, then extracts that save, they're just data on the game's server(s).

If you haven't already seen it, take a look at the post your levels thread. You might be able to get some levels that way.

Also, if you've WUPInstalled the game using files from Helper, you should be able to go online and get whatever levels you want.

Reactions: CTH

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why does it ask you for Wii U title key
What is "it"? WiiU USB Helper, or the copy of CEMU that Helper launched?

The files that Helper downloads from the NUS server are encrypted. You need each title's decryption key (NUS key) in order to install or extract the files. Helper asks you which site you want to get those keys from, and based on what keys are on that site, it builds the list of titles that you'll be able to extract.

CEMU needs a disc's title key (this time meaning WUD/disc key) in order to use a wud file. It shouldn't need one for a game that's already in loadiine (code,content,meta) format.

BurtReynolds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a vWii title like Super Mario Galaxy or a VC title like Mario RPG just install and work normally using WUPinstaller, or is there more I would have to do?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would a vWii title like Super Mario Galaxy or a VC title like Mario RPG just install and work normally using WUPinstaller, or is there more I would have to do?

Install normally with your installer of choice (like WUPinstaller). Nothing else is needed. Just remember the vWii game requires you to use a Wiimote.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Install normally with your installer of choice (like WUPinstaller). Nothing else is needed. Just remember the vWii game requires you to use a Wiimote.

You will need to run sigpatcher or custom firmware like Mocha as well if you plan to install such titles through wupinstaller and play them. They will not work otherwise since they do not have proper tickets like disc based games do.

zombiieh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,
i got myself a 128GB USB Stick and installed like 12 games on in. Always in the same order: Download it, Send to SD, Run Mocha CFW, install via WUPinstaller GX2.
BUT Smash Bros with update and DLC always fails and gives me a "possible bad sd card" error.
i tried redownload and resend to SD 3 times now :(

edit: all other games work, except smash

any ideas?

Last edited by zombiieh,

Ev1dentFir3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed the helper and I can't get past this page. Google has failed me too, can anyone give me a hint or guide please :D

cf55cb08ab813b7e2dc9e78f03eebdc6.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

OK never mind. After I closed and reopened the application it's working now. :P

Delph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any other website that works similar to the one mentioned by Hikari06 in his first post in the Tutorial section? I mean can't find certain games that are available for instance on the other sites like here (<- by the way I have no idea how to download them from this site by adding to the WiiU USB Helper).

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any other website that works similar to the one mentioned by Hikari06 in his first post in the Tutorial section? I mean can't find certain games that are available for instance on the other sites
All game downloads are encrypted. When it comes to eShop games, the decryption key (which is also encrypted) is in the ticket that the eShop puts on your system when you buy something. You can extract those keys using tik2sd, and upload them to the title key site if you wish. Basically, until someone like you (who has purchased the game) uploads a key for a given title, none of us can decrypt the game, so Helper doesn't list it.

So don't think of it as the games being missing; think of it as Helper saving your the pain of seeing lists of games you can't use.

Also, since Helper downloads the files from Nintendo's servers, the disc-only games like Guitar Hero Live won't be there.

gurbleblurgle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used Wii U USB Helper to download Minecraft (using "that site"), everything shows good-to-go (download verified & not CFW), but fails upon install with WUP Installer Mod Y, with error "bad or missing title.tik". This is the only game I've had an issue with, out of about a dozen so far .

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thanks for great tool. Every time it loads can it not put a shortcut on the desktop though please?
If you do not want this behavior you may want to use the alternate clickonce installer http://application.wiiuusbhelper.com/setup.exe.
I've used Wii U USB Helper to download Minecraft (using "that site"), everything shows good-to-go (download verified & not CFW), but fails upon install with WUP Installer Mod Y, with error "bad or missing title.tik". This is the only game I've had an issue with, out of about a dozen so far .
Did you copy the game manually? If so please make sure there are no special characters in the path.

Hey,
i got myself a 128GB USB Stick and installed like 12 games on in. Always in the same order: Download it, Send to SD, Run Mocha CFW, install via WUPinstaller GX2.
BUT Smash Bros with update and DLC always fails and gives me a "possible bad sd card" error.
i tried redownload and resend to SD 3 times now :(

edit: all other games work, except smash

any ideas?
Maybe try formatting your sd card and copy the game directly from your sd card reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs