Homebrew [RELEASE] Wii-DOOM / Wii-HERETIC / Wii-HEXEN / Wii-STRIFE (ALL-IN-ONE) *PROPER*

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
"in-wad-music" is supported and playing for all of my ports. Plutonia and TNT are both supported.
What extension are those files?
I have the normal .wad for all Doom, Doom II, Plutonia and TNT but I don't know if they have the music included or not.

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pspheretic.wad and pspstrife are in the same folders as the dol, but the program claims they are not present.

My DOOM and DOOM II iwads only want to load as pwads.

I can only control the menu with the classic controller, and A and B are reversed.

If it happens that the IWAD'S are loaded as PWAD, then there are two cases for that: those files have a wrong MD5 checksum or else they are from a release of DOOM which is not yet supported. My first guess is that they could come from the DOOM3 release that includes also DOOM and DOOM 2 as those IWAD'S haven't been included to work with my ports yet.

That A and B are reversed is a reason of my potential use of the PlayStation where B represents X. ;)

What I don't get is, that some people are saying the ports aren't finding their respective resource WAD files. Those people should completely remove all the files of the ports and use the newest one from the R13 release. R13 fixes a bug for Strife and DOOM and includes jumping for DOOM and Heretic. I will upload the R13 in a few hours.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
pspheretic.wad and pspstrife are in the same folders as the dol, but the program claims they are not present.

My DOOM and DOOM II iwads only want to load as pwads.

I can only control the menu with the classic controller, and A and B are reversed.

Same here. I even get the message that my Doom/Heretic/Hexen wads are correct, so it is not the wads' fault. I'll wait for R13 and do a fresh install again.

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same here. I even get the message that my Doom/Heretic/Hexen wads are correct, so it is not the wads' fault. I'll wait for R13 and do a fresh install again.

I just found a bug for R13 that caused Heretic not finding it's respective resource wad. That one is fixed in R14. R14 will also include XBOX' Collector's Edition DOOM2.WAD loading possibility and CORRECTLY warping from map 02 (Underhalls) to secret map 33 (Betray). It also includes jumping for Heretic and DOOM per options menu.

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using DOOM 3 wads, yes. So that explains that. Though FreeDOOM phase 2 also does not seem to work as anything but a pwad.

Also, I had deleted my old install before using the update. I'll get your latest update today (maybe it's up now, I've not checked) and will try again.

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was using DOOM 3 wads, yes. So that explains that. Though FreeDOOM phase 2 also does not seem to work as anything but a pwad.

Also, I had deleted my old install before using the update. I'll get your latest update today (maybe it's up now, I've not checked) and will try again.

I didn't upload it yet. Will do so in a few hours.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went back and read through some more of the thread, I noticed that SD cards are not supported! Well that's a first, hence the reason I didn't expect that to be an issue.
So I went back populated my USB drive and now I'm able to get Heretic to work, though I didn't try any others before I left home.
So far so good, I like the control system quite a bit! I was not able to jump though, nor could I run it seemed, but aside of that I was enjoying my self and am looking forward to the update tonight as I really want to play through Strife on my WiiU with a passion! :)

Thanks for all of this, thank you very very very much!

EDIT: Also this site does not seem to contain adware, it's not in English, but it's easy to use and obvious:

http://www.filehost.ro/

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
* DOWNLOAD LINK & INFO UPDATED * (R14)

@ XDel: Thanks for the info. I will see what i can do about uploading updated releases to hosts because i also want to prevent spreading malware to my testers by using free file hosters.

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, it would seem the SD card must first be removed or else I can not select USB.

EDIT: With update Strife now says: " DOOM DOOM II Plutonia or TNT was not slected or missing", after I select the Strife1.wad and press "+".

EDIT: I was launching DOOM not Strife, Strife actually works fine thus far! ;)

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hmm, it would seem the SD card must first be removed or else I can not select USB.

EDIT: With update Strife now says: " DOOM DOOM II Plutonia or TNT was not slected or missing", after I select the Strife1.wad and press "+".

Are you booting from Wii/Wii U?
I having the same error

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am booting from the WiiU, though I made a mistake. When I reported issues with the Strife1.wad I didn't realize I was launching DOOM. The icons colors are similar so I'm going to make my own Strife Icon in the mean time, and will also edit my post.

That being said, Strife works fine! Voices and all. Controls can be set within game, and I am happy thus far, though I'm still testing the other games and have not played it deeply yet.

I tried an older DOOM II iwad, but it also will not work, giving me the error that I am missing the required files even though it let me select it as an iwad this time.

Will try my DOOM 3 iwads again and see if they now work, otherwise I have other iwad collections on my hard drive somewhere that I backed up direct from CD.

Still can't run or jump in Heretic, then again, could the original Heretic jump? I forget! I presume the running will eventually be assigned to the analog? If that is posted somewhere, pardon me for over looking it.

On a side note, I wish Odamex would get released for the Wii, they wanted the Wiimote nunchuck controls fleshed out first, but man, why not make a controller work around in the mean time, I'd love to get my Alien Breed project running on here too, though in the mean time, Strife, Heretic, Hexen, all the DOOMs, HacX, Chex Quest... NICE NICE NICE!!!! Long over due!

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice! Got it working. Hexen (& expansion), Heretic (& expansion), Strife (with voices) and HacX for me are working great! (the others i already have on Retroarch Wii)

One question: Do Hexen, Heretic & Strife have music files? I think Hexen and Heretic do as i see the option in their sound settings, am i right?

So far so good, I like the control system quite a bit! I was not able to jump though, nor could I run it seemed, but aside of that I was enjoying my self and am looking forward to the update tonight as I really want to play through Strife on my WiiU with a passion! :)

Yes you can jump. It is mapped to HOME button by default. I personally changed it to B button on CC.

=EDIT=

I found midi music files for both Hexen and Heretic, but I do not know where they should go or how they should be named. Any tips?

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Strife, at the beginning of the map, if you take up the first quest and go into the door by the stream, enter the room that sets off the alarm, jump down into the water, and then follow the tunnel back into town... it will dump you out of the game.

EDIT: I tried it again, didn't crash the second time.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
In Hexen when you configure the controls, if you push UP while highlighting the Shoot button mapping you also get back to HBC. You can easily avoid it but i mention it just in case.

BTW, a good change for R15 would be the auto folder location.
For example, as a Wii power user, i have a 32GB SD loaded with apps, homebrews & stuff. If i wanna play WiiDoom, i must scroll through many files to get to the apps/WiiDoom/IWAD folder.

Could it be made than when WiiDoom is loaded from HBC, the filebrowser automatically is at the apps/WiiDoom folder and its' contents? Same for WiiHexen, WiiStrife, WiiHeretic and their respective folders.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Interesting, what filesize are your Hexen and your Heretic iwads?
Mine are:
HEXDD.WAD 4.337KB
HEXEN.WAD 19.613KB
HERETIC1.WAD 10.387KB
HERETIC.WAD 13.858

Oh and thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8