Homebrew [RELEASE] Wii-DOOM / Wii-HERETIC / Wii-HEXEN / Wii-STRIFE (ALL-IN-ONE) *PROPER*

hbrickface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this software!

I just tried a post-2011 Wii Remote with Motion Plus and it worked. (I was surprised; a lot of Wii homebrew doesn't work with it.)

Along with the Wii Remote, I used a black Wii Classic Controller Pro RVL-005(-02) that I bought for $17+tax from GameStop and it worked.

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
* DOWNLOAD LINK & INFO UPDATED (R24) *

CHANGES FOR HEXEN & HERETIC & STRIFE:

- FIXED A BUG THAT CAUSED MONSTERS TO BECOME INVISIBLE WHEN WALKING INSIDE LIQUIDS LIKE WATER

CHANGES FOR STRIFE:

- FIXED A BUG THAT CAUSED ROWAN TO FAIL TO TAKE BELDIN'S RING FROM THE PLAYER IF AMMO WAS FULL
- UPSTREAM FIX FROM STRIFE: VETERAN EDITION (STEAM): MF_MVIS FLAG

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
* Download Link & Info updated (R27) *

Changes for DOOM:

- disabled shortly visible error message when starting up HACX on MAP01

Changes for HERETIC:

- fixed a bug that caused moving sectors not to move any more when loading a savegame
- fixed a bug that caused the inventory item to change when entering some special menus
- disabled shortly visible error message when crossing a linedef that should find the next highest floor

Reactions: nakata6790

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
* Download Link & Info updated (R28) *

Changes for DOOM:

- added "No Rest For The Living" support
- changes to error / failure logging & output
- refreshing / redrawing enhancement to the screen border
- fixed a bug that would cause the port to crash if enabling the display ticker when not running a game
- fixed a bug for Freedoom Phase 2 where selecting a map to warp to didn't display the destination map
- fixed a bug for Freedoom Phase 2 where the weapons cheat menu didn't display the Super Shotgun entry

Changes for HERETIC:

- enhancement to the screen size option when starting the game with the lowest possible screen size
- enhancement to the "BETA" flashing message when using the beta version of HERETIC1.wad with this port

Changes for HEXEN:

- enhancement to the "BETA" flashing message when using the beta versions of HEXEN.wad with this port
- fixed a bug that caused a wrong placement of the control menu's freelook speed slider
- fixed a bug that caused the intermission screen to be drawn incorrectly
- fixed a bug that caused the status bar not being drawn correctly when entering / exiting the automap
- fixed a bug that caused the player to get stuck inside the floor when teleporting between maps
- restored Chocolate HEXEN's stock savegame code

Changes for STRIFE:

!!! PLEASE UPDATE STRIFE, REPLACING THE FILE PSPSTRIFE.WAD AS WELL !!!

- changes to the cheat menu: display cheat names for the teaser demo or the retail game and vice versa
- changes to the cheat menu: display only cheats available in the teaser demo
- changes to the music cheat: don't play the teaser demo music in the retail game mode and vice versa
- changes to the music cheat: don't allow doubled selection of music tracks
- changed (increased) RAM usage due to Z_Malloc errors
- restored original sounds & music and code of the STRIFE teaser demo when running the demo campaign
- restored original help screens 2 & 3 of the STRIFE teaser demo when running the demo campaign
- restored original intro & demo slideshows of the STRIFE teaser demo when running the demo campaign
- finished the code for the missing STRIFE teaser demo slideshow ending when running the demo campaign
- fixed a bug that caused the loading indicator to not being drawn
- added support for teleporting to map35 (which was part of the STRIFE teaser demo - it's a dev-map)
- added campaign gameplay feature (demo / retail version) from the STEAM "STRIFE: VETERAN EDITION"
- added missing "cast" feature that's part of the STEAM "STRIFE: VETERAN EDITION" and which was part of
the STRIFE teaser demo (though, i don't know if it's the same that ROGUE had included in the teaser)

DmitryN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, congratulations for this amazing port.
But you plan to add support to GameCube controller? I want to play this on my original Wii, but I do not have a Classic Controller.

DmitryN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I bought a Classic Controller and I put all files in USB, but when I try to start the selected IWAD (this occurs with all ports), an error occurs - as you guys can see in the image. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• ChocolateDoomWiiError.png
    ChocolateDoomWiiError.png
    665 KB · Views: 233

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I bought a Classic Controller and I put all files in USB, but when I try to start the selected IWAD (this occurs with all ports), an error occurs - as you guys can see in the image. Can anyone help me?

Sorry, I don't get that error with this program... others I do sometimes though, but I'm not sure what causes it.

nitr8

OP
Trophies
Website
vermillion57.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Did you use the directory names as expected? (/apps/wiidoom, /apps/wiiheretic, /apps/wiihexen, /apps/wiistrife)

DmitryN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes. I have the same error in all games, except Strife, with start/plays normally, but when you exit, you got the same error. I tested various wad's, but nothing...

(PS: Running via USB).

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In what situation do you get errors and what's the game?

I can't think of any right now aside of FCE Ultra. Last night after playing it for a while it gave me one of those errors. I know there were a couple other programs that used to do it non-stop, but it's been a while... about all I've been doing lately is playing Strife. Dunno why though, it's such a horrible port. ;) JOKING!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool