Hacking [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake porting for PSVITA

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Increasing it will make the client lag a lot. Not sure if it's worth the change.
Hey I noticed when I try to make a change to the source code for Vita Quake from github it doesn't allow me to compile. Like, I got it to compile without the CD Audio part but now I can't listen to music after I put them in ux0:/Data/Quake/cdtracks. It doesn't play and doesn't recognize the CD command. It does say I'm missing files like mpg123.h and others when trying to compile. I didn't see them on the github though. Help would be appreciated. :)

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey I noticed when I try to make a change to the source code for Vita Quake from github it doesn't allow me to compile. Like, I got it to compile without the CD Audio part but now I can't listen to music after I put them in ux0:/Data/Quake/cdtracks. It doesn't play and doesn't recognize the CD command. It does say I'm missing files like mpg123.h and others when trying to compile. I didn't see them on the github though. Help would be appreciated. :)
You're missing libraries?

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Reactions: jastolze

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy

Grab them from easyrpg vita toolchain: https://ci.easyrpg.org/view/Toolchains/job/toolchain-vita/

Reactions: jastolze

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by jastolze,

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks! Where should I place them folder wise?

Edit: I've literally placed them in every lib and include folder but it's still saying that it can't find the mpg123.h file... I'm used to using cygwin so forgive me for being a little noobish with this SDK

If you vitasdk installation is correctly setup, arm-vit-eabi/lib arm-vita-eabi/include. If not, ask on #vitasdk.

Melkezadek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work! I'm enjoying the hell out of this again. Question; still having issues getting music to work. I think I have everything placed in the correct folder. Anything I could be doing wrong?

Also, any idea in how I can get X-Men Ravage of Apocalypse to work for mods? It seems to crash when it's trying to boot up. I could try to figure it out if I know it's possible, would love to play this on the Vita.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090424061944/http://www.zerogravity.com.au:80/portfolio0601.php

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome work! I'm enjoying the hell out of this again. Question; still having issues getting music to work. I think I have everything placed in the correct folder. Anything I could be doing wrong?

Also, any idea in how I can get X-Men Ravage of Apocalypse to work for mods? It seems to crash when it's trying to boot up. I could try to figure it out if I know it's possible, would love to play this on the Vita.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090424061944/http://www.zerogravity.com.au:80/portfolio0601.php

X-Men Ravage of Apocalypse is a commercial total conversion, you can't link it since it's considered pirate content.
As for the music, on vitaQuake it works perfectly. Check if the soundtrack is correct and well placed.

As for the crash, upload your coredump file (ux0:/data).

Last edited by Rinnegatamante,

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
X-Men Ravage of Apocalypse is a commercial total conversion, you can't link it since it's considered pirate content.
As you can see, it seems that the full download is hosted on a website sporting the same name of the company that developed it - since it'd be the first time that a company goes crazy and lets people pirate their own stuff, it must've been released as a freeware at a certain point in time, and indeed, a cursory search on Wikipedia reveals exactly that:

Wikipedia said:
X-Men: The Ravages of Apocalypse was released as freeware in July 2006.[1]

So yes, the link can stay :P

Reactions: Rinnegatamante

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I found a mod of Quake 1 that has Doom weapons in it instead. Only problem was, it didn't have come with bots. Fortunately, I added the Tutor bot to the mod and it's a blast. If someone wants to try it, it'll be in this post.

Also, weirdly enough, even though it has the max players set at 4, I could add as many as I wanted due to the bots not showing up in rankings. The FPS was still very good even with 10 bots added. (Like ~35)

Since this now has mod support, shouldn't we make a thread with a compatibility list? I can do that if someone finds it useful. I made one for the PSP a few years back.

Link to Quake mod w/ Doom weapons: https://www.mediafire.com/?j94vpqp1loqmv7k

Melkezadek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the music, on vitaQuake it works perfectly. Check if the soundtrack is correct and well placed.

As for the crash, upload your coredump file (ux0:/data).

Hey thanks for the reply! Forgive me, I'm a little layman when it comes to this stuff. What do you mean by coredump file?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Alright, thank you for answering. I'm thinking about buying the Quake collection off Steam and wanted to make sure beforehand. Also thanks for porting it over to PSVITA and sharing it with us. It looks very promising.

If you actually own Quake you can freely download the full game if it doesn't work properly with vitaQuake legitly if you need i think. (Not 100% sure but should be totally legal since you actually bought the game).

Heimdallr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you actually own Quake you can freely download the full game if it doesn't work properly with vitaQuake legitly if you need i think. (Not 100% sure but should be totally legal since you actually bought the game).

I got it working, thanks for the info though. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a