Hacking [RELEASE] vitaQuake - Quake porting for PSVITA

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Great port. The frame rate is pretty low, but I think that can be fixed in future updates. Controls are absolutely awesome, but run button or auto-run doesn't seems like to work. Or I'm just dump. Tested this with my PSTV.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Great port. The frame rate is pretty low, but I think that can be fixed in future updates. Controls are absolutely awesome, but run button or auto-run doesn't seems like to work. Or I'm just dump. Tested this with my PSTV.
FPS aren't too high cuz it's not hardware accelerated, that is an upcoming feature iirc.

jhonnypolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Rinnegatamante. Thank you so much for this, its a blast from the past ! One thing that's holding me back from wanting to play this on the vita is the lack of music support ?
Any chance for wave or mp3 soundtrack support for v1.4 ?

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
@Rinnegatamante. Thank you so much for this, its a blast from the past ! One thing that's holding me back from wanting to play this on the vita is the lack of music support ?
Any chance for wave or mp3 soundtrack support for v1.4 ?

I was working on musics support on ctrHexenII and Hexen II / Quake both use winQuake so porting it to vitaQuake shouldn't be so hard.

jhonnypolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was working on musics support on ctrHexenII and Hexen II / Quake both use winQuake so porting it to vitaQuake shouldn't be so hard.

I would love you for it ! and if you have a donate page I would gladly donate to have that feature in there.
I've got a long flight coming up in 2 weeks time and would love to play quake from beginning to end, for the first time, on the vita with your mod :)

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
I would love you for it ! and if you have a donate page I would gladly donate to have that feature in there.
I've got a long flight coming up in 2 weeks time and would love to play quake from beginning to end, for the first time, on the vita with your mod :)

It's not a feature i'm going to add in the near future since i have a lot of other porjects i'm working to, first of all, i'm currently working hard on lpp-vita to give a working and enjoyable Lua environment to the PSVITA scene like lpp-3ds did for the 3DS scene.
I do have a donation page anyway on my website if you care about it :) ( http://rinnegatamante.it/site/donate.php )

jhonnypolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not a feature i'm going to add in the near future since i have a lot of other porjects i'm working to, first of all, i'm currently working hard on lpp-vita to give a working and enjoyable Lua environment to the PSVITA scene like lpp-3ds did for the 3DS scene.
I do have a donation page anyway on my website if you care about it :) ( http://rinnegatamante.it/site/donate.php )

Thank you, I've donated 50 Euro, i really appreciate your work and can't wait to see future updates to this :)

jhonnypolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, there was always the potential of greatness, never quite got there ... and if you guys can put Kodi on there or VLC, hot dang ;)

Biggest thing on my wish list is a full functional native N64 emulator for VITA. I'd be prepared to donate some big bucks to see that happen :)

Last edited by jhonnypolak,

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
already beat the game

I will mention it in my biography.
Now beat it on nightmare difficulty (yes there is such a difficulty level. Yes, also in your version...).
And don't forget to report the tales of your heroic quest here. We will all wait here for you.

I think I lost sarcasm somewhere in this post, hm.

Last edited by VitaType,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

jastolze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Rinnegatamante - This is a little late but NZP uses the quake 1 engine. It's just very heavily modified. And I'm almost certain it won't run on glquake/vanilla quake engine (it uses dark quake I believe)

I'm just saying this to avoid confusion for those who want to play NZP on the Vita.

maxpelle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great work sir. We really appreciate your effort in Vita homebrew development!
Are you planning to port MAME too? I know that its core is already included in retroarch (in different flavors too) but a native dedicated port with hardware acceleration and local multiplayer (on pstv for istance) should be THE killer app, and Ps VIta suddenly will become the most wanted retrogaming console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol